TBC - MainTankadin Posts

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

TBC - MainTankadin Posts

Postby minathia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Loooong time since I've frequented these boards.

I have some friends that are roping me back into WoW, but on a "vanilla" server. Soon they will be releasing the TBC patch. I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the content that was generated here in the golden days of this site.

Ideas?

Thanks!
-Mina
minathia

Re: TBC - MainTankadin Posts

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Sadly we ended up deleting it as it was taking too much of a toll on the forum stability. Almost 10 years of data is a lot of data.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:30 pm

Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:19 am

Did you turn yourself into a Yin/Yang simbol hala? :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 am

halabar wrote:96969696969696969696969

That's WotLK. ;)
KysenMurrin

Postby minathia » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:53 am

Bummer!

Thanks though.
minathia

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:08 pm

Worldie wrote:Did you turn yourself into a Yin/Yang simbol hala? :P

I do eat a lot of asian...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby honorshammer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:18 am

minathia wrote:Hi all,

Loooong time since I've frequented these boards.

I have some friends that are roping me back into WoW, but on a "vanilla" server. Soon they will be releasing the TBC patch. I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the content that was generated here in the golden days of this site.

Ideas?

Thanks!
-Mina

If you'll excuse a bit of shameless self-promotion, I still have my blog archive from the Burning Crusade. It may be of some help to you.

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/search/l ... %20Crusade
honorshammer

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Sadly we ended up deleting it as it was taking too much of a toll on the forum stability. Almost 10 years of data is a lot of data.

But....why? WHY?!

DAMN YOU PONY.
Io.Draco

Postby Era » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:38 am

Io.Draco wrote:
Worldie wrote:Sadly we ended up deleting it as it was taking too much of a toll on the forum stability. Almost 10 years of data is a lot of data.

But....why? WHY?!

DAMN YOU PONY.

Pretty sure they're just trying to cover up the fact that Worldie's world-breaking energies are slowly but surely disintegrating the entire internet.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:12 am

Well thankfully I can still find most of my old posts or I would have lost memories like this:

Maintanking Gruul's Lair and Maggy for the first time in the same night

Got a dc at maggy at around 20% but he stayed on me :)

or this

Today my guild went to clear SSC to get some people attuned for MH , once we got to karathres I was assigned to tank hunter , near the warrior who was tanking the shaman , all fine and dandy , hunter dies then his pet , after wich the prot warr tanking the shaman dies , surpzingly due to the consecration agroo he went for me straight away , thus securing a good kill

Then we went vashj , second try vashj at 9% , MT dies , I pick her up and tank her till the end , got healing gloves from her that night ( for the horror of the palas not in raid ) and DPS chest :)

True stories. First time I ever tanked Magtheridon in a guild I got a DC at 20% and yet my character didn't vanish. So we killed it just fine. The SSC stories also true, our warrior just had no idea to gear up properly, it was a new guild, reformed from one of the best guilds on the server but the previous tanks had all left, how I got in despite them hating Paladin Tnaks.
Io.Draco

Postby Vrimmel » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:36 am

TBC was fun times. Heroic dungeon tanking in full cloth gear with +spellpower. Block set for 0 damage boss soloing. Full leather AP set for retri spec. Damage return when being hit aoe grinding.
Vrimmel

Postby Passionario » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:45 am

I miss those posts. Also those times. :(
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:48 am

What I really miss isn't "tbc times" or anything, I miss when playing included being part of communities (both your class/spec dedicated forums, and in-game server / guild communities).

Wow has became so homogenized and "click and forget", people don't need to talk, people don't WANT to talk. I used to be a super active tankspot poster too, I completely stopped posting in Cata because it had become useless.

LFD and class homogenization might have brought more players to the game, but they surely killed any semblance of "multiplayer" to me. WoW lately really feels like a single player with queue times.

*sighs* It's like living here in Milan. You are noone, people might as well not be there at all. It's awful.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:30 pm

That's kinda why I quit wow, and never really got back into it after I returned. Cross server zones kinda killed server communities, dungeons were afk aoe fests, everything was just sitting in a queue without actually going out into the *world* of warcraft.

I miss the feel of the game back in TBC.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:33 pm

There's no recapturing the old feeling, that's for sure. Perhaps it's for the best that we don't need to analyze every little thing anymore, but that was part of the passion! I can't honestly say I have less free time than when I was still raiding 4 nights a week, yet it feels insane to consider such a time consuming commitment these days.

My most anticipated feature for the upcoming expansion is the transmog update, yet I'm still going to resub for it. The combination of nostalgia and new content should be worth a few months again like it was in WoD.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
(Only temporarily not a dwarf.)
PsiVen

Postby Keerith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:40 am

Ehyea, I know what you mean. I used to frequent here back in Burning Crusade and WotLK, then dropped out of WoW for Cataclysm. When I came back, everything was so... hmmm. Spoon fed, I almost want to say, that tanking was boring and there wasn't much of a reason to go outside of my guild to chat with people.

But you know, a community is what people make of it. There's no reason we can't have that again if we want it. :)
Keerith

Return to General