Level 100 boost

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Level 100 boost

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:58 am

Hello pals, I am going to purchase the expansion and wanted to ask a few things about the boost if any of you has used it.

What does it unlock garrison-wise? Does it raise professions or you need to hit level 60 first like with the level 90 boost? Do you still have to unlock every possible thing pre-WoD ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Level 100 boost

Postby Era » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 pm

Has a buddy who used it. Will ask him and edit this post when he answers!

EDIT: Looks like I was beaten to the punch. ^^
Last edited by Era on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby lythac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:34 am

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/boosted-l ... essentials

Covers all your questions in depth, but in short -

What does it unlock garrison-wise?

From the above "You automatically get a Level 3 Garrison", "Several buildings are already constructed", "Your Garrison comes with 8 followers by default" 4 ones that come from the early SMV quests and 4 randoms (does not say if they are leveled to 100, but most look to be level 90ish).

Does it raise professions or you need to hit level 60 first like with the level 90 boost?

You need to hit level 60.

Do you still have to unlock every possible thing pre-WoD ?

Not sure what you mean by this. You have to unlock Tannan, but you get given full set of 640 gear so shouldn't be hard.
Lythac / Ryshad of Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 am

I mostly referred to things like Cata and MoP portals + fps.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:40 am

IIRC, the 90 boost unlocked all the FPs for pre-80. So I'd assume the 100 boost would unlock the pre-90 ones.

As for the Cata portals, not sure, as I haven't tried to go back to that content on either of my 90 boosts.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:47 pm

I'll ask about the Cata portals. Bit slow response time though, what with the time zone difference from Japan. As for flight points, I'd assume you get a few default ones (like 8/10 for every zone or something).
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Era » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 am

Friend says his Cata portals are unlocked. :)

EDIT: Others say they aren't. Most likely, then, my friend somehow unlocked them by accident and forgot about it.
Last edited by Era on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Era

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:23 pm

The garrison followers it gives you start at their base level when you acquire them. Getting a bunch of new followers plus grinding them all up to 100 epic has been the most time consuming part of my 100 boost. :x
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby jere » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Adding my experience: Doing the 100 boost did not give me the cata portals.

I was able to go back and do all the garrison outpost quest lines to get the building plan tokens you would normally use to buy patterns. Since the boost gave me all the level 2 patterns, I just bought the highest priced patterns with the tokens and immediately sold them back for gold:
2x 1000g
2x 1500g
----------
5000g

so if you are hard up for gold, that can be a decent investment.

Sabindeus wrote:The garrison followers it gives you start at their base level when you acquire them. Getting a bunch of new followers plus grinding them all up to 100 epic has been the most time consuming part of my 100 boost. :x

Make sure to work on Harrison first. Makes for way easier follower levelling.
jere

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Yeah, getting Harrison for that.. should be a lot easier now with flying. Didn't think of that. Have a few toons that could use him.. hmm..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:03 am

If you do the boost... what does it take to get the Legendary quest started? My friend apparently doesn't have it available from Khadgar in Talador.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:15 am

at 0. you start it from the arcane elemental patrolling your garrison.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby honorshammer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:54 am

For the 90 boost, you went through Tanaan to learn your class. You got your spells and talents a bit at a time. Do they have anything similar in place for Level 100 if you do it before Legion?
honorshammer

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

honorshammer wrote:For the 90 boost, you went through Tanaan to learn your class. You got your spells and talents a bit at a time. Do they have anything similar in place for Level 100 if you do it before Legion?

I don't think so.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:01 am

Nope, no "Welcome to Draenor" section required. You start at lvl 100 with the starter gear and Varian in your lvl 3 garrison awaiting you to start up your shipyard. Not sure what zone the boosted char starts in though (whether your garrison, racial city, "main" capital or wherever you logged out if it wasn't a new char boost.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to General