Props to Aergis

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Props to Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 pm

For choosing t-shirts that are still comfy so many years later - that no one knows what the design is supposed to represent
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: Props to Aergis

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:55 pm

You are telling me Aergis still reads this? :P He haven't logged in months :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:38 pm

Clearly he must be lurking as a guest :P
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:17 pm

I don't care if he reads it or not, I'm just sayin truths!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aergis » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Glad you still like it Sabin!
I do read, but not so often, mostly cause there's not a ton of stuff to read anymore.

I still have more shirts in storage... I should just give them away for anyone who wants to cover the shipping cost.
I'll post which shirts and sizes in a few days.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:34 pm

He's alive! Glad to see you still poke us from time to time boss <3
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Aergis wrote:I do read, but not so often, mostly cause there's not a ton of stuff to read anymore.

Thanks for keeping the site up despite the lower usage.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:22 pm

I do read, but not so often, mostly cause there's not a ton of stuff to read anymore.

You could try reorienting the forum.

Anyway think I should get one of those shirts while there's still a chance.
Io.Draco

Postby Dion » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:42 am

Io.Draco wrote:

You could try reorienting the forum.

Since Sab and Aergis are running tech side of the show alone and I have a hunch that it's going to take not so small amount of work to reorganize whole forums, I don't quite get what would the benefits be exactly?
Dion

Postby Nooska » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Well "we" are running a phpbb3 forum, so it wouldn't be much of an issue to add in someone to help reorient the forums (without becomung full admins) if that was the issue.

I guess the idea of reorienting the forums would be to give them a new lease on life, dependant on what the reorientation should be toward.
I have to admit, that I'm only really following the social forums (General, Arkham and Other Games) - mostly because I don't actually tank (and haven't pala tanked since DS).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Barathorn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:02 pm

Sabindeus wrote:For choosing t-shirts that are still comfy so many years later - that no one knows what the design is supposed to represent

Seconded, still have both of my shirts, still super comfy and wearing really well, great quality shirts.

Thanks Aergis!
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:29 am

I still have mine myself, from the old times of TBC, it's awesome AND I'm surprised I still fit into it :D

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dion » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:55 am

Nooska wrote:Well "we" are running a phpbb3 forum, so it wouldn't be much of an issue to add in someone to help reorient the forums (without becomung full admins) if that was the issue.

I guess the idea of reorienting the forums would be to give them a new lease on life, dependant on what the reorientation should be toward.
I have to admit, that I'm only really following the social forums (General, Arkham and Other Games) - mostly because I don't actually tank (and haven't pala tanked since DS).
Still don't get what benefits reorganizing would have. Cleaning up old threads would make many of subsections look pretty empty. Delete subsections? As Legion is eventually launched, it might bring back need to those subsections.

If I correctly remember, when this forum order was introduced, I think Aergis especially mentioned that General and Arkham Asylum generated the most traffic. While this could have changed somewhat, I don't think there has been that dramatic change.
Dion

Postby Nooska » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:52 am

Oh and on the shirts, if there was one (or more) in my size, I would totally splurge for postage - pretty sure the GF would be alright with that.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:56 pm

I'd be interested in shirts as well...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:18 am

halabar wrote:I'd be interested in shirts as well...

Same
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Aergis » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:04 pm

Not sure how tshirts turned into re-organizing the forum...
But if you check the post dates on all the active forums, General and Arkham are really the only ones that even see monthly activity anymore. Not sure why putting the gear forums etc up to the top when the last post was over a month ago solves...

But it is Draco, so I guess I see that. :)
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:17 pm

That's something that every WoW forum has seen. Even the MMO-C forums have at most 30-50 people in each of the class forums at any one time, and that's pretty much the biggest WoW class forum on the interwebs right now. General OT on MMO-C has 624 people in it. WoW General has 454. The class forums COMBINED have 518.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Mostly all WoW forums are being hit by a huge drop in activity because they aren't needed anymore. You used to go to forums to seek for advice, tactics, builds for your class, etc.
With how detailed the guides on certain sites are, and the game literally telling you rotations and boss tactics, all this isn't needed anymore.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 pm

There was a massive amount of homogenization that happened in wrath, and tanks have only gotten closer in playstyle and gearing since, so there's less and less need for spec-specific forums. A lot of traffic moved to Tankspot in wrath (Lol, Lore).

Plus the game population has been declining drastically over the past few years as well.

(I'd also be interested in any remaining shirts, by the way.)
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Lindreth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 pm

I haven't logged in to these forums in a long time but still check for pointers people might have as well as other miscellany.

Thank you so much Aergis for starting this up so long ago and help me become the tank I am today (lots to props to lots and lots of folks over the years).

I would love a chance at a shirt if possible.

Cheers everyone!
Lindreth

Postby katraya » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:55 am

I still <3 you guys even though I just check the random Pictures and Relationship threads now. :)
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:17 pm

I even stop by sometimes!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:20 pm

Lore wrote:I even stop by sometimes!

What? Bullshit, you work for the man now! :O
Sabindeus

Postby Lore » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:27 pm

Lore
Global Mod

Next

Return to General