Returning to the game

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Returning to the game

Postby Quacky » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello, it's been three years or so since I played. So I wanted to get a basic catch up. I am a fan of maintankadin since its early days and entrust myself to its theorycraft wisdom.

It looks like the site isn't as active as it used to be. I found the 6.x sim thread from theck with the original post from May 2014. Is that the most updated info?

Also for one that is just restarting, after I get to 100, any suggestions on what I should put effort into getting first before starting raids or does gear matter very little at that point? I lack for gaming time now but would still like to enjoy challenging content. So just want to catch up a bit and have fun. Any help is appreciated.
Quacky

Re: Returning to the game

Postby Koatanga » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 am

Hit 100, get a bodyguard follower, and open up Tanaan Jungle via the shipyard quest line. Farm baelful items from bosses where you can, or the various drops in the area. Do the Apexis dailies and buy baleful upgrades. Baleful gear is ilvl 650 that can proc 675 epic, and can be upgrade to 695 at 10k apexis per item. Before you make that investment, make sure the item has the proper stat balance you want.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Kai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 am

yeah, it's a bit boring, but the by far best way to play catch up is run through tanaran jungle and kill the rare spawns for baleful items and then upgrade them for apexis shards to 695 until you have enough gear to do blackrock foundry heroic or/and hellfire citadel normal. And I guess raid finder, but I personally avoid that as much as possible.

Also if you plan on getting flying unlocked, might as well quest to 100 and not spam dungeons. can check here what quest stuff you have to do:
http://www.wowhead.com/flying

obviously will take quite some time at 100 to get that done as it requires some tanaraan jungle reps, but might as well finish that quest stuff while leveling so you don't have to go back once you're 100 and do quests.
Kai

Postby halabar » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 am

And with the 6.2.3 patch coming, hang onto spare baleful tokens as they might proc higher ilvls with the patch. And valor grinding is back...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Return to General