Tank VS DPS ranks

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Tank VS DPS ranks

Postby Penkek » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm about 95%+ all the time on DPS rank and my guild is like, nice but as tank you just have to reduce as much damage as possible and like damage from tank doesnt matter at all even top guilds don't care and blablabla, thought on this? Because I highly disagree, I think it matters alot if I do 25k dps or 45k+.
Penkek

Re: Tank VS DPS ranks

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 am

If you're not dying, and you're not taking so much damage it makes life hard for the healers, then contributing damage generally does more to help the group than getting more survivability (faster fights = less damage taken).
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 am

If you aren't in danger of dieing, any extra survivability you have is essentially wasted stats. If you have say, 100k hp and you never go below 50k, you basically got 30-40k HP of stats that do nothing and are better used on damage stats, since extra damage is always good.

Obviously, if you are hard to heal and your healers complain, you should consider lowering your damage output in favour of more stamina or mastery or dodge or whatever your class likes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 am

I agree with Worldie, but I suspect your guild would not be bringing this up if you were easy to heal. I don't believe guilds whine about having too much overall DPS if there are no other issues.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Torquemada » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:34 am

Do you have any logs? Assuming you're the Penkek of Argent Dawn, I don't see anything more current than BRF, and the stuff I do see is months old. And without confirmation, I hate to spin my weeks lookin' at stuff.
Torquemada

Postby Penkek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Penkek

Postby Penkek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:31 pm

My co-tank is all the time like, I see you get 95%+ on DPS and then way lower on survivability and it's clear to me you don't care at all about survivability and all a tank should care about is survivability. If you do 10M more damage on Archimonde but because of that you end up taking 2M more damage you're doing a bad job is what he says, and I cannot seem to explain to him at all that tank DPS does matter, it doesn't matter if you don't get some sick tank rank or you take as less damage as possible because if it's no problem for your healers don't have trouble with it.
Penkek

Postby Torquemada » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:34 pm

I only looked at one log (Yesterday's) , but two few points:
(Disclaimer: you're further along that I am, and probably further than I am likely to get).
1) If you take less damage and wipe to enrage, you wipe. If you do amazing dps and wipe because of survivability issues, you wipe. Your DPS is disgusting AND you don't appear to have survivability issues. Your co-tank is wrong.
2) It looks like he takes more damage than you on almost every fight. Who cares than a hypothetical tank might be easier to heal than you... the CO-TANK is using up more healer mana. Looks like he shouldn't be throwing stones, but that also depends on his gear/how you handle the mechanics.
Torquemada

Return to General