World of Warcraft: Legion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:40 pm

So questing will be shit

Again.

Smart.

Not like this whole exp is built around going in the world and quest.All the time.

Also,it will be very telling seeing if they remember that they tied a few survivability things around damage done...
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Passionario » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:30 am

I'm not particularly worried. Being able to pull 8+ mobs at a time will still make questing in tank spec much faster than doing it as DPS.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Fenris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:16 pm

So
-blanket 10% dmg nerf
-5% nerf to LotP
-almost cutting in half scatter the shadows,that means a 10% drop total,from around 45.5% to a litte less than 35.5% if i'm not critically misfiring math (that wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't for the fact i'm sitting at 9k AP from putting my 21 artifact talent into its third point)

Sigh....Could be worse i guess.Still,going for a blanket nerf on all tanks doesnt seems like the best idea...
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Lev » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:37 am

Since we do so much dps by facepalming, the motivation to scale it up even more is ridiculously high.

We are Tanks, we should not focus on dps anyway.
The way it is right now, they should nerv our dps by about 50% and give us back some of the old mechanics to hold aggro and have better control over our mitigation.
Maybe this would also stop the madness of some people, that write guides in which they try to convince us to go for even more dps.

I'm not saying, that back in the Burning Crusade it all was well, it wasn't, but even then we could level as prot (i did) and it was almost viable (compared, how ret and holy where back then, it actually was).

And just so you know: My Artifact Level is 21 and i have no points put into Hammer Time, and i am not planning to put any there soon.

For the Light!
Lev

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:52 am

Things i just noticed about our class hall

before the templars recruiter,above the steps,there is a serie of stands...Where,if i'm guessing right,the game displays our tier armor if you own all the pices,showing the set name if you hover the mouse on it :D

Am i wrong?Anyone else seeing it? :D
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:01 am

So,Blizzard stance on the quest to unlock obliterium has gone from "it will get cheaper in a few weeks but we'll monitor prices" (and everyone laughed hard at that) to "it's optional,you can buy obliterium @ the ah"

Who could have guessed...
Fenris

Postby Passionario » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:49 am

The optimal strategy appears to be "craft bracers, sell them to others so that they can unlock the forge, buy their obliterium with the proceeds".

Or, in other words, luring victims onto the path of destruction and reaping the fruits of their dark toil for yourself while remaining nominally uncorrupt. Glory to the Legion.
Passionario

Postby honorshammer » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:42 am

Passionario wrote:The optimal strategy appears to be "craft bracers, sell them to others so that they can unlock the forge, buy their obliterium with the proceeds".

Or, in other words, luring victims onto the path of destruction and reaping the fruits of their dark toil for yourself while remaining nominally uncorrupt. Glory to the Legion.

I'm a JC. I'll just keep selling rocks.
honorshammer

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:18 pm

god, i hate the 2nd boss in Vault
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fenris » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 pm

Yep,it's a pain to tank it,probablòy one of the worst out of all the dungeons
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:17 am

Ayup. Did Vault for the first time yesterday (straight to Mythic, with a guild group), and wiped on that guy until we almost gave up. Every other boss except for Cordana was easy (and Cordana was only technically difficult, not particularly threatening).
KysenMurrin

Postby degre » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:48 am

honorshammer wrote:I'm don't know which Major trait I'm going after next. The theorycrafters I follow have settled on a recommended order

(img removed)

One of the problems with moving the Tankadin discussion to a Discord instead of a forum is that I can't go back and read the discussion and figure out how they came up with this recommendation. To me, it seems like Bulwark of Order should be first as there are some nice traits that also help with leveling, but then I would think Light of Titans should be next. Tyr's Enforcer (their 1st choice) is only DPS/threat. Both of the other traits have a mitigation component to them.

I went with that myself.

You get the first big one so quick that going on a dps path helps with the levelling, as you start doing instances you get more.

In 5men, especially on big packs, a combo with increased damage on the frisbee and a shield based on the frisbee's damage is awesome.

Also, I've become a slowpoke casual and my artifact is only rank 18, need 7 more to get to Light of the Titans, but a couple of days ago discussing with raiding guildies there were raiding people on rank 22/23, wouldn't be surprised if people have reached 25 for today.

Fenris wrote:So questing will be shit

Again.

Smart.

Not like this whole exp is built around going in the world and quest.All the time.

Also,it will be very telling seeing if they remember that they tied a few survivability things around damage done...

As Passionario says, we're tanks, we pull aoe.

Especially in Suramar I've done some stupidly huge pulls, there's the whole questline in the Northern citadel where I was constantly with 10/15 on me and they would go down pretty quick.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:58 am

Rank 18 is slowpoke casual? That's where I'm at. :/ I mean, I guess I could've run more world quests than just the Emissary Quest and gear upgrade ones?
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:30 am

Second day as Nightfallen-exalted.

The joy of not having to quest in the elite zone of the city anymore unless i need a reward,i cant describe it (not that those quests are actually hard...But when the 11th libertine decides that he will die before telling me where the target is[not like i already know it]....Well,often it gets time-consuming well beyond reward)

Also,just did my first mythic+.

God bless final stand :lol:

I guess I could've run more world quests than just the Emissary Quest and gear upgrade ones?

Doing all the world quest with AP rewards (multiple times each day wwhen you get a new wave of WQ),the amount you get stacks quickly

Jumping in the random heroic queue when there is the "please queue" reward for tanks (usually you get a few undreds AP out of it in addition to the standard bonus AP)

Having started the artifact knowledge research as soon as possible

Also,having horrible luck with dungeon boss drops and getting mostly AP tokens >.<
Fenris

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:09 am

degre wrote:
honorshammer wrote:I'm don't know which Major trait I'm going after next. The theorycrafters I follow have settled on a recommended order

(img removed)

One of the problems with moving the Tankadin discussion to a Discord instead of a forum is that I can't go back and read the discussion and figure out how they came up with this recommendation. To me, it seems like Bulwark of Order should be first as there are some nice traits that also help with leveling, but then I would think Light of Titans should be next. Tyr's Enforcer (their 1st choice) is only DPS/threat. Both of the other traits have a mitigation component to them.

I went with that myself.

You get the first big one so quick that going on a dps path helps with the levelling, as you start doing instances you get more.

In 5men, especially on big packs, a combo with increased damage on the frisbee and a shield based on the frisbee's damage is awesome.

Also, I've become a slowpoke casual and my artifact is only rank 18, need 7 more to get to Light of the Titans, but a couple of days ago discussing with raiding guildies there were raiding people on rank 22/23, wouldn't be surprised if people have reached 25 for today.

Fenris wrote:So questing will be shit

Again.

Smart.

As Passionario says, we're tanks, we pull aoe.

Especially in Suramar I've done some stupidly huge pulls, there's the whole questline in the Northern citadel where I was constantly with 10/15 on me and they would go down pretty quick.

my problem with the frisbee damage elite artifact thing is that it breaks CC... and I wonder if its a bug or intended because then it makes our cc pointless. before that talent, i could repentance one add, shield the one next to it and pull normally without breaking cc -- now that's impossible.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:43 am

Fenris wrote:
I guess I could've run more world quests than just the Emissary Quest and gear upgrade ones?

Doing all the world quest with AP rewards (multiple times each day wwhen you get a new wave of WQ),the amount you get stacks quickly

Jumping in the random heroic queue when there is the "please queue" reward for tanks (usually you get a few undreds AP out of it in addition to the standard bonus AP)

Having started the artifact knowledge research as soon as possible

I think I got in on Knowledge pretty quick (I reached level 4 last night - up to +140%), and I main dps so I don't really get a shot at bonus bags. The world quests I definitely could do more of, though.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:47 pm

So,raid has hit and seems ignore pain is as op as expected :shock:

But well,at least they got around to nerf us in time,one less to go

Also,dps disparity between classes and specs seems to be at levels i think we haven't seen since TBC
Fenris

Postby Passionario » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:50 am

Fenris wrote:So,raid has hit and seems ignore pain is as op as expected :shock:

At one point of the Ursoc fight, I had 10 stacks of Overwhelm. Thanks to Ignore Pain, I lived, although I imagine that healers weren't happy.

(My co-tank was from group finder and I was playing from my wife's old laptop, so there was a lot of miscommunication and error involved)
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:29 am

Our first raid (Normal) started out pretty well, easy kills on the first boss (one-shot) and Dragons of Nightmare. Then we hit Il'gynoth, and it kept destroying us on the second outdoor phase. The first phase was super easy after a couple tries, but after burning the heart and going back out we kept getting overwhelmed by too many Ichors and Corrupters up at once (we also weren't controlling damage from those two types of add well).

Shouldn't we have a Legion Raids forum?
KysenMurrin

Postby cdan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:38 am

Fenris wrote:So,raid has hit and seems ignore pain is as op as expected :shock:

But well,at least they got around to nerf us in time,one less to go

Also,dps disparity between classes and specs seems to be at levels i think we haven't seen since TBC

Frost DK is absolutely horrible, but at least the DKs have unholy near the top. Poor 'locks are all in the bottom half.

None of the graphs from the raids that I have seen on reddit are surprising for Paladins though - healing and tanking are our thing this expac - Ret is just back to being awful.
cdan

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:41 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Shouldn't we have a Legion Raids forum?

We should but...

...the question then becomes how many people are still posting here and if we are enough to keep a section like that alive with meaningful stuff
Fenris

Postby Lev » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Just do it and we will see!

btw: did they nerv our HotP AGAIN? In the tooltip it states, that it just heals for 17% of missing healt... wtf?
Lev

Postby Fenris » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:58 am

So,wiithered army training today.

Doing it because hidden artifact appearance.

Everything is fine as usual

Walking on the webs in the middle room

Get distracted for a second

-i fall down from the top floor to the bottom

-Dro spawn top with my army of around 32 guys

-i end up being out of range of the army,on the opposite side to the ramp to get back up,in the middle of 4 mobs with webs

Long story short,save for 1,all my army despawns and i have the boss to kill

Fun times.

Still made it to the end with 26 mana addicts and 720 points but it could have been more relaxing...Obviously shit rewards.Next time...
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:00 pm

I killed Dro for the second time, and got to the room with the endless spider spawns for the first time. I had 27 Withered, but I got completely overwhelmed and just gradually lost them all - I couldn't run to the top because my Withered were stuck at the bottom and too many more were getting on me when I tried to run for it. I died.

Worst part: I hadn't opened any chests, because I'd decided to try and clear as much as I could and keep as many Withered as I could then go back and open them when I was done. There were 3 chests I definitely could have opened, one more in the room with the spiders I might have been able to if I was quick, and one behind a boss I hadn't tried before and had left for later. So I missed out on a lot.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:13 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I killed Dro for the second time, and got to the room with the endless spider spawns for the first time. I had 27 Withered, but I got completely overwhelmed and just gradually lost them all - I couldn't run to the top because my Withered were stuck at the bottom and too many more were getting on me when I tried to run for it. I died.

*edited because what i wrote works specifically as prot*

Either you run to the boss (once you pull him the spiders stop spawning) or you slowly crawl up the stairs with your army

If you want to run,remember that the withered will try to attack your target,so if you keep picking a new one close to you they should avoid getting stuck.You might also try to force them to catch up by quicly setting them to berserking and then back (when you set them to normal again they try to close the gap with you by default)

Also,if you feel you'll ennd being overwhelmed,rush the first stairs,berserk the army and clear spider until you think its manageable again,then set the army bnack to normal and go for the second stair

We're often asked, "what is your vision for tanks in PvP?" First, if you enjoy playing a tank, we want you to feel like you can provide value to your team in some way. But, we don't want that value to be "I can never die." A tank should be harder to kill then a DPS, but not by a wide margin. Likewise, a tank should do less damage than a DPS (and preferably far less burst damage) but not damage you can simply ignore.

Surprise.As i said months ago,they keep saying this stuff and keep failing each and every time

The last round of nerfbuffs is beyond......i dont even...

Sure,you now take way more damage in pvp and do even less but look,we are unnerfing one of your cds.

Net gain being....

Also
We want a tank to be able to go into an arena with their friends, compete, have fun, and earn rewards. We're much more hesitant to say we want tanks to be viable in arenas at the highest level. However, in rated battlegrounds, we would very much like to see tanks at the highest level, not only as flag carriers or point defenders, but as target callers and frontline disruptors. We think that is a fun place for tanks to live in PvP.

Yeah,so pretty much only as flag carriers and point defenders(because no,calling shots isnt tied to a role so why even mention it).That's new....Not.
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to General