World of Warcraft: Legion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:37 pm

Jabari wrote:
Fenris wrote:Beast :P

You going with Dire Stable/Stomp?

That seems to make everything (mostly) smooth, and Stomp is just way way too much damage to take Chim over (which is too bad, but oh well).

Also completely fallen in love with Crows. Barrage is fun and all but Crows just does all the damage.

Yep, that's what my BM build will look like.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenris » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Someone has any idea of why most of the "elite" world quest fail to be recorded as completed?

Did 5 today,got credit for 1 on the first try,for other 2 after 4-5 tries each and nothing for the last 2 <_<

Or,to word the question better,anyone knows how to fix it...
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Fetzie » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:28 am

Fenris wrote:Someone has any idea of why most of the "elite" world quest fail to be recorded as completed?

Did 5 today,got credit for 1 on the first try,for other 2 after 4-5 tries each and nothing for the last 2 <_<

Or,to word the question better,anyone knows how to fix it...

Relogging seemed to sometimes help on beta, but that's something I submitted a lot of bug reports for throughout alpha and beta and they obviously didn't fix them (all).
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Passionario » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:36 am

Fenris wrote:Someone has any idea of why most of the "elite" world quest fail to be recorded as completed?

Are you doing them in a cross-realm group? Apparently there are some ongoing issues in that direction.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I had problems with the artifact quest on my priest. Apparently if you move during a certain section, it bugs out and forces you to drop and pick it back up...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:12 am

Passionario wrote:

Are you doing them in a cross-realm group? Apparently there are some ongoing issues in that direction.

It happened to me on beta when I was killing them solo.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:51 am

Passionario wrote:

yeah,they posted that a few hours after i asked here >.<

Still not fixed btw
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Paxen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:53 am

After maining a hunter for the first time I've realized that mail is a silly armor type. It's not somewhere between leather and plate, is different technology and era. Having somebody use "mail" and some use full plate only makes sense if the plate wearer is a lot richer than the mail user, and that's not the case on wow. Also, hunters look silly wearing mail. Why are you wearing heavy armor on a hunt? You're less mobile if you're covered in mail thank if you wore plate armor

They should dump mail, rename plate to heavy armor, leather to light armor and cloth to clothing. Then give shamans heavy armor and hunters light armor (monks can move to clothing if you want an even spread of armor types).

Will never happen, but one can dream.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 am

Plate is heavy and impractical in a lot of situations. Mail is lighter and allows more mobility. Leather can be pretty strong armor depending on the style. Which is used is more about what types of weapon you're defending against, really.
But you're right, leather makes more sense for Hunters. Ditto Shaman. Hell, it'd probably make more sense to put dps Warriors in mail. (Death Knights and Paladins in plate fits thematically, and Prot Warrior in plate works also.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:25 am

Paxen wrote:different technology and era

WoW's technological era includes stone axes and clubs, tanks, obsidian knives, crossbows, full plate, cannons, laser guided missiles, wooden sticks and orbital bombardment.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Paxen » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:37 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Plate is heavy and impractical in a lot of situations. Mail is lighter and allows more mobility.

That's actually a myth. A mail shirt hanging off your shoulders is more restrictive and at least as tiring as a proper set of plate, which is strapped to and distributed all over your body.

As for wow using armor from all times and places, sure. But having "mail" be one step "lighter" than plate is a pure d&d-ism. Classify it as it was used: lightly armored or heavily armored.

But you're right, leather makes more sense for Hunters. Ditto Shaman. Hell, it'd probably make more sense to put dps Warriors in mail. (Death Knights and Paladins in plate fits thematically, and Prot Warrior in plate works also.)

DPS warriors could easily use light armor (heavily armored berserkers is something almost unique to wow), but for simplicity I'd keep fury in plate. Arms should definitely wear plate/heavy armor. I can see shaman in both, I suggested heavy armor because light armor has five classes without shamans.
Paxen

Postby Paxen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:38 pm

Actually, what I really want is for hunters to transmog to leather. I wonder what it would take for blizz to allow that?
Paxen

Postby Paxen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:35 am

More on topic, how is tankadins in legion, now that that legion has been out for a while? When (if) I get time to level an alt it will be a tank/healer, so either monk, druid or pala. Is prot fun in dungeons? Is the AM involved, or just an easy maintaince buff?

Is prot strong in dungeons, or at least average?
Paxen

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Meanwhile, much cloth looks like plate, while mail looks like the throw aways rogues didn't want..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:10 am

Paxen wrote:More on topic, how is tankadins in legion, now that that legion has been out for a while? When (if) I get time to level an alt it will be a tank/healer, so either monk, druid or pala. Is prot fun in dungeons? Is the AM involved, or just an easy maintaince buff?

Is prot strong in dungeons, or at least average?

tanking mythics so far and....Well,could be worse.

It's not REALLY hard...Just,here and there pops the occasional trashpack where you end using 6 cds at the same time while praying to the gods (or pop final stand and go afk for a few seconds)

As far as AM goes...At the moment it's mostly a "you read the dungeon journal for the *use AM on this or you die* and keep an eye for that" thing

P.s:gating CotS and AW behind both a rep and mythic only requirement was a brilliant idea.......You either wait for ages to get a group (i literally cleared all the trash in AW with a healerless group yesterday while waiting) or go in as a healer.
Fenris

Postby Fetzie » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:36 pm

I did a couple of heroics today at 820 and it was ridiculously easy going. The artifact trait that gives you an absorb when you use AS is pretty good.

Fetzie

Postby degre » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:33 am

Heroics are easy, you don't even have to be geared, get in at 810 with a barely exped artifact and with the simple usage of brain you'll breeze through. Haven't tried any mythic stuff, still enjoying exploring and fuckin' about.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

Yeah, I'm pretty puzzled why they even bothered to put the Heroic tier in at all. It's only slightly harder than Normal, and it just seems to be there to add an extra loot tier that players have to gear up through. (And even that's kinda unnecessary, since I outgeared heroic before I even ran one, from World Quests and class set.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:47 am

Odyn is a pain in the ass in mythic unless you got the right comp. Who thought it was fun to have him summon the add, then do his aoe right away, so you have to run away while the add aoe bombs you...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby honorshammer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:28 am

Klaudandus wrote:Odyn is a pain in the ass in mythic unless you got the right comp. Who thought it was fun to have him summon the add, then do his aoe right away, so you have to run away while the add aoe bombs you...

Most of HoV feels pretty melee unfriendly.
honorshammer

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:25 am

Ptr 7.1 changes:

Lots of leveling scaling changes (if i'm reading it right)

First avenger isnt useful on Patchwerk fights only anymore
Retribution aura isnt completly a waste of a talent
Crusader judgment is buffed,same with bastion of light
Fenris

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:24 am

I'm don't know which Major trait I'm going after next. The theorycrafters I follow have settled on a recommended order Image.

One of the problems with moving the Tankadin discussion to a Discord instead of a forum is that I can't go back and read the discussion and figure out how they came up with this recommendation. To me, it seems like Bulwark of Order should be first as there are some nice traits that also help with leveling, but then I would think Light of Titans should be next. Tyr's Enforcer (their 1st choice) is only DPS/threat. Both of the other traits have a mitigation component to them.
Last edited by honorshammer on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorshammer

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 am

I went with something similar, 'cept I went with judgement first instead of consecration because I wanted more procs to reduce the cd on my SotR. That said, the holy aoe effect that Avenger's Shield gains from the artifact has been breaking my own cc's which I find very annoying.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:48 am

The idea behind going for Tyr enforcer is

-1)Light of the titan is undertuned (at the moment,i'd get around 10k/s hot out of it,not even 2x what i get from JoL procs....And i have almost 2.7M hp...Also,it's not really mitigation because it's an hot instead of an absorb like BoO)

-2) The road between Bulkwark and Tyr enforcer buffs your dmg by a lot (consacretion in flame being the top dmg talent on the artifact according to those that did the math,painful truths being really strong on multipulls)

-3)You can get 2 gold traits with "easy" AP gains and then the requests escalates really quick,so if you go to the right side instead of top your damage will lag behind for some time and you are trading it off for relative small gains in survivability

P.s: i think the original suggestion of going for Tyr before Bulwark was made when bulwark had a lower converion % AND with the fact that you'd be running dungeons a lot at the start of the xpac in mind,so aoeing trash faster/having extra aoe for snap aggro would come handy
Fenris

Postby honorshammer » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:08 am

" in the near future, we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers)"

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topi ... 032#post-1
honorshammer

PreviousNext

Return to General