World of Warcraft: Legion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Our raid's pretty stuck on Il'gynoth. We downed Ursoc today pretty easy, but on Il'gynoth we always lose at the same point: the second outside phase, when 3 Corruptors spawn on one side of the room, everything falls apart. (We're doing this with 10m btw.)
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:51 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Our raid's pretty stuck on Il'gynoth. We downed Ursoc today pretty easy, but on Il'gynoth we always lose at the same point: the second outside phase, when 3 Corruptors spawn on one side of the room, everything falls apart. (We're doing this with 10m btw.)

Are you popping BL/Heroism during the second outside phase?

A lot of guides seem to recommend lusting during the first heart phase, but that's based on erroneous tooltip information. Final Torpor takes 90 seconds to cast, not 50, so as long as most of your raid is alive, you should be able to kill him well within that margin. With that in mind, there's no reason not to use your cooldowns in the actual hard part of the fight: namely, the second P1.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:25 am

Second heart phase is longer than the first one? Good to know. We were already doing very well in first heart phase with Hero (best one was down to 34%), so we should be okay with that.

Edit: How do you time it? We do struggle to get the Dominators down before other tentacles start spawning, but our main issue is the switch from 2x Deathglare to 3x Corruptor. Hero for the Dominators so we can get both down, with some time left over to help on the Deathglares?
KysenMurrin

Postby Passionario » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Hero for the Dominators so we can get both down, with some time left over to help on the Deathglares?

Pretty much.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Fenris » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:15 am

Well,finally unlocked the hidden appearance for Truthguard.

Still dont like it all that much (crystal mace Oathseeker is nice [maybe because it summons memories of tanking with the merciless gladiator gavel back in TBC] but for the shield i prefer the advanced-normal look) but it's something to cross off the list of things to do.

Now,back to waiting for a legendary...
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Lev » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Fenris wrote:Well,finally unlocked the hidden appearance for Truthguard.

Still dont like it all that much (crystal mace Oathseeker is nice [maybe because it summons memories of tanking with the merciless gladiator gavel back in TBC] but for the shield i prefer the advanced-normal look) but it's something to cross off the list of things to do.

Check out my T4+ Transmog. I am running around in that Outfit since MoP and now i finally get a shield for it. Just Awe! :)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... Lev/simple
Lev

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:37 pm

what do you need to do to complete the withered army campaign?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:what do you need to do to complete the withered army campaign?

You mean the falanar tunnels scenario?
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:11 am

yes
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:58 am

The aim is to get as many minions as possible, and to empty the scenario without losing them.

There is a set amount of medium and large chests. These contain buffs for the withered, such as more health, more damage and so on. Large chests take 10 withered to retrieve, medium ones take 5.

When you retrieve a chest you lose the withered that carries it away. Only do this when you're done with the scenario.

I generally start with 15 withered. By the time I pull Dro I usually have about 20-23.

Bosses usually have an ability that needs to be stunned and one that needs to be interrupted.

The room to your right at the very beginning of the scenario requires two berserker minions to open. You will lose a lot of minions in that room so save it for last.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:24 am

yeah, but what do I really need to do within that thing to get the hidden skin? like how far deep do I have to go to meet the requirement to earn it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby cdan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:yeah, but what do I really need to do within that thing to get the hidden skin? like how far deep do I have to go to meet the requirement to earn it.

You just have to get to the end and ask to be let out rather than get kicked out for losing all your withered.

Edit: I got the artifact the first time I completed it and I hadn't got all the chests or cleared all of the rooms - just made it to the NPC at the end.
cdan

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Ok, but which is the end? the room that needs to have 2 berserkers with you to open?
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:50 pm

It's after the Elfbreaker and the big spider. I haven't reached it yet. The 2 zerker room is right at the start.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Fetzie wrote:The aim is to get as many minions as possible, and to empty the scenario without losing them.

There is a set amount of medium and large chests. These contain buffs for the withered, such as more health, more damage and so on. Large chests take 10 withered to retrieve, medium ones take 5.

When you retrieve a chest you lose the withered that carries it away. Only do this when you're done with the scenario.

I generally start with 15 withered. By the time I pull Dro I usually have about 20-23.

Bosses usually have an ability that needs to be stunned and one that needs to be interrupted.

The room to your right at the very beginning of the scenario requires two berserker minions to open. You will lose a lot of minions in that room so save it for last.

I guess since we already have WoW Pokemon and WoW PvZ... I guess WoW Pikmin shouldn't surprise me.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:10 pm

So,here i am

Pawn on one side,Mr robot on the other.

Mr Robot seems to value Str and Stam very little on its weights,while the Pawn ones place them way nearer the top stats

That means that Pawn seems to suggest higher ilvl items above all else,while Mr Robot favors better secondary stats

Wtf should i follow....I mean,i see the logic behind both...
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby jere » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 am

Fetzie wrote:I generally start with 15 withered. By the time I pull Dro I usually have about 20-23.

So noob question. Everytime I have done Dro (the rogue right?) he has killed off all of my withered but a couple before I can bring him down. Is there a way to keep him from dashing around and killing them all? Is it just dps faster? My DPS feel slow in tank spec.
jere

Postby Fenris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:03 am

jere wrote:
Fetzie wrote:I generally start with 15 withered. By the time I pull Dro I usually have about 20-23.

So noob question. Everytime I have done Dro (the rogue right?) he has killed off all of my withered but a couple before I can bring him down. Is there a way to keep him from dashing around and killing them all? Is it just dps faster? My DPS feel slow in tank spec.

Stun him as he starts charging (or even while he's jumping around).That will stop the charge

If you have enough withered,you can almost kill him in a HoJ by berserking them

And if you still arent sure,just talent repentance (or blinding light,never tested but it should work too,dont think they made him immune to blinds) before the scenario,so you can stop him twice
Fenris

Postby Fetzie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:22 am

It takes about 15 seconds for 20 withered to kill him in berserker mode if you have a few upgrades. He starts to charge after about 5 seconds, and then he wont charge again after HoJ runs out.

Fetzie

Postby Daeva001 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:40 am

Fenris wrote:And if you still arent sure,just talent repentance (or blinding light,never tested but it should work too,dont think they made him immune to blinds) before the scenario,so you can stop him twice

Dro is not immune to Blinding Light, and it will stop his charge.
Daeva001

Postby honorshammer » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:43 am

Fenris wrote:So,here i am

Pawn on one side,Mr robot on the other.

Mr Robot seems to value Str and Stam very little on its weights,while the Pawn ones place them way nearer the top stats

That means that Pawn seems to suggest higher ilvl items above all else,while Mr Robot favors better secondary stats

Wtf should i follow....I mean,i see the logic behind both...

If the ilevel difference is greater than 5, I usually go with ilevel.
honorshammer

Previous

Return to General