World of Warcraft: Legion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

World of Warcraft: Legion

Postby Era » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 am

Let the delicious delicious speculation commence (please)! I haven't kept up with the chatter. Do we know anything at all about where this is headed? And if we don't, anyone have any thoughts/ideas? Any registered trademarks and such? :lol:

I may very well be the only one, but I'd love some more underwater zones... Really enjoyed Vashj'ir!

Last edited by Era on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Re: New Expansion Announcement

Postby jere » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Era wrote:
I may very well be the only one, but I'd love some more underwater zones... Really enjoyed Vashj'ir!

You and I may be the only two people in the world that share this opinion. All of my alts levelled to 82 in Vashj'ir. Loved the place.

I'm actually excited for a new expansion. Despite the lack of content, I will say I enjoyed how this last one began. I think if I could take the Beginning of Wod and merge it with the storytelling questlines of MoP near the end (not Timeless Isle, but all the lion's landing and similar quest lines), more later dungeon content, and toss in less of the 1+ years of last raid before expansion, then I would have something really enjoyable.
jere

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:18 pm

One problem with underwater zones is that in order to be feasible there had to be some mechanic that negated the underwater aspect of the zone. You had to have something that allowed you to breathe underwater, and then some way to travel at land speeds underwater, at which point you might as well be on land except for the aquatic graphics and the fact that you had to put up with being underwater long enough to acquire the negating mechanics.

I don't mind visiting water zones, but I don't like an entire zone under water.

I think the leveling zones in general are too easy, which is why I think I enjoyed some of the challenge of the "parkour" bits in Draenor where you had to navigate obstacles and figure out how to get somewhere. Wouldn't mind seeing some of that creep into the questing process.

Dungeon content is difficult. They spend a lot of time developing areas and bosses to have it relevant for only a short time. That's something that needs addressing. I think they put too much emphasis on collecting currencies and daily quest items in the regular world and should shift some of that so currencies can be gained through instancing.

I still think they need to have some bot functions to alleviate instance queues, like a healbot and a tankbot in instances such that a group of 5 DPS could get through it if they have two people manning the bots. Give players a tick on the dungeon roles screen to allow then to state they are happy to run a heal bot or a tank bot, and then pure DPS classes will have an opportunity to get faster queues and heal/tank incentive bags. Create an area in the world where players can test-drive the bots and set up their UIs appropriately in a non-pressure situation so they are ready to drive when they hit the instance.

And then of course introduce the Engineer class which would have Mechanical, Chemical, and Biological options:
Mechanical engineers create mech-suits and upgrade them by incorporating loot items. They would be a melee tank/dps option.
Chemical engineers are the Mad Bombers, creating thrown items (corrosive DoTs, explosives, gas-based AoEs, etc). Ranged DPS class.
Biological engineers would be a hybrid healing/enhancement class that would use genetically-engineered viruses and chemical stimulants to heal or buff raid members. Healing specialty would be HoTs and absorbs with very few big heals. Raids would have to balance the buffs they get from a Bio with the fairly wimpy healing output. Meter-whores need not apply.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Honor » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:01 pm

Era wrote:I may very well be the only one, but I'd love some more underwater zones... Really enjoyed Vashj'ir!

Funny I feel the same way, but everyone I've talked to about underwater hates it. Heres to hoping for Ogre race and a new class.
Honor

Postby Torquemada » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

I enjoyed it the first time, and the second, but by the 5th time I was putting an alt through there I opted for other zones. Part of it is that in all the Cataclysm zones are some of my least favorite (other than maybe Hyjal). The Naga questline is really cumbersome, slow, and navigating around that temple is a chore.
Torquemada

Postby Nooska » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Seems liek we have a lot of Vashj'ir fans on here (I'm one too)
Though I did go for MH with a lot of my klater levelled chars, it wa spurely because of less of the awesome videos, and that it was easier for levelling quickly. I went vash with 3 characters, my first, and 2 others to mix it up, it was an absolutely beautiful zone with great scenery.

YEs you need something to breahe, and something to let you move faster, but the three dimensional aspect of it was awesome (though you had to start thinking threedimensionally too)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Era » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:07 am

I went through MH once or twice with some alts, and with the main for the loremaster/exploration achis, but I keep going back to Vashj on new alts. I love the music, the scenery, the gameplay - always feels like a really fresh breath of air, as it were. I realise a full underwater raid/dungeon would probably be a bad idea, but I wouldn't mind some underwater navigation between bosses, and maybe one underwater encounter. On Mythic mode your water breathing spells fail and you have to go up to breathe. ;)
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:43 am

jere wrote:
Era wrote:

You can count me on that, also loved Vashjir, but mainly for the impressively awesome storyline (and the area being much bigger than other Cata areas). Hyjal been a huge flop to me mostly cause I played mainly on PvP realms before MoP, and Hyjal is a gank festival on those.

I'm very curious about two points:
1) What will the expansion be about? There's a few possibilities: the Draenor Burning Legion doing stuff, our Burning Legion doing stuff, the Lich King Bolvar doing stuff, and some Old God are the ones that come to my mind. I can also see something related to Turalyon and Alleria (seeing also Alleria was featured in Hearthstone).
2) Will they manage to hook me back? As a currently super casual due to no time to dedicate to a serious raiding guild, WoD has been a disastrous flop to me: it's the first expansion since WotLK that didn't hook me enough to have 1+ of each class to max level by the end of it.

Looking forward to the new title, also kind of sad cause I will be spending 60 euros shortly for SC2 expansion, and I can assume another 60 for the WoW exp if it hooks me.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:54 am

I'm hoping for a full up burning legion based expansion. I feel like we keep dancing around them in each of the expansions. They have presence, but I am normally distracted by things like Garrosh, the iron horde, Illidan, etc.
jere

Postby Era » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am

I want us to unleash an Old God (or several) at the Burning Legion to help weaken them for us. The enemy of my enemy, etc.
Of course that could backfire. :roll:
Era

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:42 am

^^ "could" ?
Thats patch 7.2 :p
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:14 pm

Maybe an old god will be the main antagonist until it gets captured in 7.1 and then we rescue it and we become friends with it and it will give a rousing victory speech in the ending cinematic.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:13 am

Surprise surprise I was right.

That silence after the trailer though...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:27 am

Blz1:Quick,we need a new expansion,Legion or Emerald dream

Blz2:Why not both

Blz1:Genious!
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:28 am

I am hype
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:31 am

I'm very divided. On one side I'd want to play this and hope it's better than WoD. On the other, I'm scared to spend money and get bored again after 10 days.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:33 am

So,rets will finally be able to use Ashbringer

Took only a few expansions more than expected :lol:
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:02 am

Obligatory "Black Temple was merely a setback" joke.

(By the way: Have they said outright which side he's on? Cinematic shows Gul'dan reviving him, but the fact that the Illidari join the Alliance and Horde, when they should be loyal to him, suggests he might stick around as leader of the Demon Hunters.)

Interesting thing: The Demon Hunter class page only shows two talent specs. I can understand them not wanting to design two distinct melee dps specs in one class again, honestly.

Dalaran again is interesting. Wonder how they'll make it different enough to not annoy people who spent three years there already.
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:10 am

<- original system Grand Marshal

Hearing them say that honor system v.1 had "some minor flaws" has me chuckle
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:14 am

Wait.

Pvp talents,totally unrelated to pve ones

Is this next expansion going to be "Ideas eveyone suggested for...Well,forever....But we never cared about-the exp.pack"?
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:15 am

I am actually REALLY liking this new PvP system.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am

Prestige :lol:
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

The idea of putting cosmetic items behind mindless honor farming is fine.

Completely removing PvP gear and creating PvP only skills is what they really needed to finally split PvP from PvE.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:24 am

Yeah,i just can't avoid thinking "you could make the taking-clues-from-the-Activision-side a bit less obvious"
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:53 am

Well most of the MMOrpgs have been around for many many years, it's inevitable they copy stuff from each other :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General