WoW Token

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: WoW Token

Postby Koatanga » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am

Looks like the North American tokens are back to normal, or at least the rate of change has resumed a more natural-looking pattern.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:43 pm

It looks like the same thing happened on the 16th November, the demand spike just didn't last as long.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Started playing again (paying for a month) to see if I can accrue enough gold to self sustain via tokens... suddenly I understand where my disconnect was with tokens and the AH. I was assuming it was like other games where you buy the token and list it like any other item... I wasn't aware it was a "set" value that only raises/lowers a certain amount per day (based on supply/demand).

On that note... when raising money, I hear a lot of people talking about getting it from Garrison missions. I just opened up the Harbor/Tanaan Jungle. Are there certain missions I should be looking for? I get a few gold missions every now and again, plus whatever gear I vendor. Am I missing something? If it helps, I don't have the Inn right now (needed for Treasure missions, I think? It's been too long...)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:17 pm

You'll want the inn for treasure missions yeah. And recruiting followers with the Treasure Hunter trait (increases gold rewards). And there's gold missions from the shipyard as well, though I don't think there's any specific way to increase their frequency. Dwarven crews increase the gold reward from them though. You can't sustain your sub with this on just one alt though, you'd have to set it up on several characters. Dunno how many, maybe someone else knows? 4-5? Unless you're doing other things too, like gathering materials or playing the AH. Some old raids pay decently too (1000-2000g), though takes time.

EDIT: Just bought my first one because my sub is about to run out and I had some luck with auctions this month. It's soulbound??? Why would it be soulbound. If I knew, I would've sent some gold to an alt and bought it there. My main do not have the luxury of bag space. T_T
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I plan to hit up some of the old raids... still need to finish up MC/BT rep grinds anyway. I have... 5 toons (though one is horde on another server) that have active garrisons. Only two of them are tier 3 though (one with an Inn, the other without.) I plan to continue leveling some of the toons to get higher tier garrisons and such, so that's a work in progress.

On a bit of a tangent (but still kind of related): is it worth it to try and upgrade the crafted gear ilvls? I'm currently sitting on almost a full set of 640 gear in my bags (been replacing with LFR.) I don't expect to do much raiding outside of LFR, so it's mostly just gear upgrades for my own satisfaction. The alternative is to just keep running LFR and hoping for gear drops, while replacing my Butcher with an Inn.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:02 pm

Also don't forget to farm Kazzak weekly for the Felblight. ~110G each on my server.

If you have alts at 100, the Garrison/Shipyard adds up.

Also, right now, if you get the mount from the WinterVeil thing, it's BoE and expensive... 175k on my server currently.

The other items like Champion's honor and all that sell well.

Finally, if no professions, just convert your GR to raw mats to sell.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Skye1013 wrote:On a bit of a tangent (but still kind of related): is it worth it to try and upgrade the crafted gear ilvls? I'm currently sitting on almost a full set of 640 gear in my bags (been replacing with LFR.) I don't expect to do much raiding outside of LFR, so it's mostly just gear upgrades for my own satisfaction. The alternative is to just keep running LFR and hoping for gear drops, while replacing my Butcher with an Inn.

Actually, run mythic dungeons. Chance at items up to ilvl 725. Otherwise farm baleful tokens, and use Apexis to upgrade those items to 695.

halabar

Postby Era » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:04 am

By far the quickest way to gear up is Ashran, I've found. They throw strongboxes and honor after you like crazy, giving you perfectly viable ilvl 700 gear fairly quickly. Unless you're a tank. Not a lot of bonus armour things.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:21 pm

I was in Ashran for awhile my first day back. First time ever in Ashran, so no clue what I was supposed to be doing. Mostly just ran around killing things (hoping for the garrison AH drops that I still need, got 1 of the 3) and occasionally joined the mass of people trying to clear an event. Wasn't as bad as I would have thought, based on everything I've read about the place. Server reset kicked me from the group, so I figured that was as good a time to move on as any.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Dion » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:28 pm

Skye1013 wrote:On that note... when raising money, I hear a lot of people talking about getting it from Garrison missions. I just opened up the Harbor/Tanaan Jungle. Are there certain missions I should be looking for? I get a few gold missions every now and again, plus whatever gear I vendor. Am I missing something? If it helps, I don't have the Inn right now (needed for Treasure missions, I think? It's been too long...)

In my experience, more characters you have, less you want do garrisons. Level 3 Mine takes around 3min to clear, but if you do it with 10 chars it suddenly takes 30min. Take note that if you pay month with gold, you pretty much have to some garrison stuff. If you pay with real money, you don't have do them. My suggestion is you think what time you want use daily across all of your characters. If you have 2hours gametime per day, you don't really want to use 1h of it to garrisons.

Era, you can use that token now and save some space, it adds instantly that 30 day gametime, but if you plan to let it lapse, that is another story.
Dion

Postby Worldie » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:13 am

Era wrote:By far the quickest way to gear up is Ashran, I've found. They throw strongboxes and honor after you like crazy, giving you perfectly viable ilvl 700 gear fairly quickly. Unless you're a tank. Not a lot of bonus armour things.

The only annoyance I found with gearing in Ashran is that you need to hope your faction has the AA when you join. If you join when the enemy just took the Artifact, chances are your faction won't be winning anything for the next hour and you might as well go farm mobs for turnins.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Dion wrote:Era, you can use that token now and save some space, it adds instantly that 30 day gametime, but if you plan to let it lapse, that is another story.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna let it lapse with the holidays coming up. Got a few days left on my current sub, then gonna wait and see how busy I'll be. Didn't know though, so thanks anyway. :lol:

Worldie wrote:The only annoyance I found with gearing in Ashran is that you need to hope your faction has the AA when you join. If you join when the enemy just took the Artifact, chances are your faction won't be winning anything for the next hour and you might as well go farm mobs for turnins.

Yeah. At least if the group doesn't have a good leader. I think if you can convince the group to focus on other things while the opposite faction has AA, it's still possible to get some things done. For example if they're going for the boss with the AA, then go do an event. If they're doing event, then go for their boss. Basically stay out of the AA's way unless you've got a group coordinated enough to chain-grip and spike that AA down. Which seems to be rare. :roll:

It ain't exactly helpful to the situation, but I will admit I tend to join an Ashran and gauge the group's chances of success within the 5 minute "tour of duty" deserter window, then just leave and rejoin another one if it seems bad. Or just go do something else for a while and come back later. I have too many alts and not enough time to sit down and help save a sinking ship.

Also, as someone with alts on both factions, insert obligatory PvP "[current faction] sucks! Lose every time! [opposite faction] is much better" comment. Grass is always greener and all that, eh.
Era

Postby Dion » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 am

EU tokens have risen to 67k - 71k due to loss of subscritions. While there were very little content in WoD, money is handed out in abundance, which is hilarous as there are less and less stuff to spend it besides on Tokens so things start to cost multiple gold caps, for example mythic Archimonde boost+mount (no gear and only Archimonde) costs 2.5m. People buy things like Spectral Tiger in BMAH 960k and then sell it for 1.8m. I started WoD with 40k and I have 900k now. I bought Mimiron's Head in BMAH in MoP 280k, now I recently saw Stonecore drake with 300k bid in BMAH.
Dion

Postby halabar » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Meh, it's been stable here between 35-39k for months...

And Mimron's been a max-buyout item here ever since the BMAH started.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:01 am

Considering in US it started at 20k and in eu at 33k, we have a very comparable > 100% increase in price
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dion » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:11 am

halabar wrote:Meh, it's been stable here between 35-39k for months...

And Mimron's been a max-buyout item here ever since the BMAH started.

It's probably been gold cap in big servers in EU too, like Draenor, Silvermoon and Twisting Nether. And realm connections did affect certainly, as my small backwater realm got bigger, but it's still small realm. I'm not also completely convinced that EVERY realm in US it has always been gold capped before realm connections. In big realms? Likely. Medium? Somewhat iffy. Small ones? I doubt it.
Dion

Postby Dion » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:25 am

Currently, I can't buy token from AH as it states that there isn't any available. This EU side. Either tokens ran out or maintenance caused problems.

Edit:There are now tokens now in AH.
Dion

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:28 am

90k per token, I'd be surprised if there's anyone rich enough to actually afford subbing like that every month.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 am

If people weren't buying, the price would drop, so they must be able to afford it.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to token prices when easy garrison gold dries up. I also wonder how many are like me and are capped on tokens. I can't buy another until next June.

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 am

Are they reducing the gold obtained from garrisons in the xpac or are you just predicting people won't do much with their garrisons? Even if it's the former, Blizz always manages to shoot itself in the foot when it comes to limiting the gold influx, so I'm sure something in the xpac will sustain people.

Personally, I'm hoping token costs drop a bit when the xpac hits with the influx of people coming back/new people joining the game. Unless the returnees are sitting on piles of gold, it seems more likely they'd be buying tokens for cash (if at all).
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:11 am

If I remember correctly, the gold missions are disabled once WoD goes live.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dion » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:34 am

There certainly are people that can afford it, me among them. But risen Token costs cut how much extra gold I can make while paying Token. My absolute pain limit would be around 120k but I might stop playing around 100k, depending my mood and how much fun I'm having. Switching to subscrition with real money is option to hoard gold. FOR THE HOARD!

Less people are going to comfortably afford buying Token with gold and they either stop playing or switch to subscrition with real money. There isn't too many people that are willing to spend majority of their play time to making gold to cover Token prices. Token prices are going up because demand for Tokens is higher than supply of Tokens. But since it goes up in jumps, I think there are fewer and fewer supplier of those Tokens.

I'm believing that there are going to be easy ways to accuire gold in Legion. Class halls follower missions is one option. This is because Blizzard makes extra money with each token so Blizzard is likely to provide ways to gain that gold. Funny psychological thing: I didn't buy ponys/pets from Blizzard store earlier as I payed them already with hard cash. So when I used Tokens, I bought couple of pets: Lil'Xt, Lil'Kt, Lil' Ragnaros. So I have given them 30€ instead of 15€ on more than one occasion.

In Legion, gold missions award Garrison resources. And all treasure hunters were turned to scavengers if I recall right.
Dion

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 am

Dion wrote:In Legion, gold missions award Garrison resources. And all treasure hunters were turned to scavengers if I recall right.

And the gold ship missions are gone as well.

Which means... if you have crafters that can take advantage of GR>raw-mats, then you can still make bank, especially with all that GR flowing. I'll have 5 tailors sitting in their garrisons making hexweave bags well into Legion.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:50 am

I'm not so sure about it... bags tend to fall in price as soon as new exp and new bags are released. Making a bag every so many days for 200g isn't exactly going to be even worth the time.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General