WoW Token

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: WoW Token

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Worldie wrote:I'm not so sure about it... bags tend to fall in price as soon as new exp and new bags are released. Making a bag every so many days for 200g isn't exactly going to be even worth the time.

Well.. there will be millions of new DHs.. and no one will be able to make the new bags for a while. Right now the bags are ~700-800G. So it depends, but the mats are free, so...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 am

DHs start with pretty big bags already I'm afraid. Iirc 22 slotters (not sure, at work so can't log to confirm)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dion » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:10 am

Bags tend to sell pretty well. And it's going to take some time before people can mass produce new bags.

But eventually new bags will replace old bags. (Note: I'm person that uses Netherweave bags on all alts. Because they are extremely cheap.)
Dion

Postby halabar » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:02 am

Worldie wrote:DHs start with pretty big bags already I'm afraid. Iirc 22 slotters (not sure, at work so can't log to confirm)

Yeah, but not any bags in the bank.

halabar

Postby honorshammer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:15 am

Do you think US tokens will get back down under 30k after Legion releases and a bunch of people come back? I'm trying to decide if I should buy one now or wait to see if they go way down at Legion launch.
Last edited by honorshammer on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorshammer

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:47 am

"down under 30k", considering EU tokens are hitting 90k soon....

Sighface.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:09 pm

honorshammer wrote:Do you think US tokens will get back down under 30k after Legion releases and a bunch of people come back? I'm trying to decide if I should buy one now or wait to see if they go way down at Legion launch.

Probably for a short while, but I still suspect Blizz is controlling the market to some degree (at least putting controls in to inhibit larte swings), so they may stop that.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 pm

Worldie wrote:"down under 30k", considering EU tokens are hitting 90k soon....

Sighface.

Looks like there's a downward trend this week. Max and min seem to have dropped by a couple thousand since the weekend.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:28 am

Regarding the bags, I don't think they will stay that high in price, simply due to the new transmog system. I know I'll get almost half my bank space back across characters.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:30 am

Nooska wrote:Regarding the bags, I don't think they will stay that high in price, simply due to the new transmog system. I know I'll get almost half my bank space back across characters.

Oh yeah, after the initial surge of new characters, the price will drop. But.. the mats are free, just a few clicks daily.

halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:09 pm

I still don't understand why transmog's such a big popular thing. Who even looks at what a character is wearing?
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:13 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I still don't understand why transmog's such a big popular thing. Who even looks at what a character is wearing?

As a shadow priest... only on the char select screen.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:51 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I still don't understand why transmog's such a big popular thing. Who even looks at what a character is wearing?

<- what my character looks like is of utmost importance
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

<- what my character looks like is of utmost importance

My hunters certainly care...

halabar

Postby Koatanga » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:56 pm

I see my toons all the time. I like that they look the part of fantasy heroes.

Don't you recall the clown-costume days of leveling in Hellfire Penninsula?
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby lythac » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:09 am

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:03 am

rainbow warrior right there...

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:55 am

To be fair... with heirlooms, most level ranges don't have that problem anymore. Also, since they started making all of the gear for a zone look alike... even without heirlooms it's not really an issue for long.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:55 am

Anyone wanna trade some wow gold for plex or isk?

halabar

Postby Koatanga » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:19 pm

Skye1013 wrote:To be fair... with heirlooms, most level ranges don't have that problem anymore. Also, since they started making all of the gear for a zone look alike... even without heirlooms it's not really an issue for long.

Except that my view of heroic fantasy differs from the view of the game designers in terms of what I find attractive in armor set design. I grew up reading fantasy novels illustrated by Michael Whelan and Boris Vallejo so that developed my expectation for the look of fantasy heroes. I prefer my toons to look closer to Elric of Melnibone than to Optimus Prime.

I find the vast majority of armour past TBC to be bulky, derivative, and downright ugly.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:To be fair... with heirlooms, most level ranges don't have that problem anymore. Also, since they started making all of the gear for a zone look alike... even without heirlooms it's not really an issue for long.

Except that my view of heroic fantasy differs from the view of the game designers in terms of what I find attractive in armor set design. I grew up reading fantasy novels illustrated by Michael Whelan and Boris Vallejo so that developed my expectation for the look of fantasy heroes. I prefer my toons to look closer to Elric of Melnibone than to Optimus Prime.

I find the vast majority of armour past TBC to be bulky, derivative, and downright ugly.

I think he meant just for leveling...

However..

The travesty that a good deal of the artifact weapons are is appalling. Compare the hunter weapons to the work that went into the mage weapons. Pisses me off.

halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:50 pm

halabar wrote:I think he meant just for leveling...

This. I never said they were good sets... just whole sets (mostly, 3 types of str plate shoulders, but two for every other slot??).
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General