WoW Token

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

WoW Token

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Re: WoW Token

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Not unexpected. I predicted a huge imbalance between demand and offer due to the fact that they cost 20$ (for something that's worth 12$)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:26 am

https://wowtoken.info/

Got as low as 20,370g.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:30 am

Worldie wrote:Not unexpected. I predicted a huge imbalance between demand and offer due to the fact that they cost 20$ (for something that's worth 12$)

Except the price going down means that more people are paying blizz $20 for gold than are willing to buy a sub with gold. I can't wait for it to reach the EU, personally - I'm not great at making gold, but I might just be able to pay the sub with it. Going to resub (with gold) just to see how long I keep it up, and get to run dungeons as a bonus feature.
Paxen

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:45 am

if you do garrison missions on 2 chars and 5-6 treasure hunters and vendor all greens/blues you get, you can reasonably easy pay your wow sub if the price really stays on 20-25k. seems unlikely there are that many people that want to buy these tokens in the store. i'd expect that the price will go up sharply after a few weeks when the guys that wanted to buy gold legally are done buying gold.
Kai

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:26 pm

and now it's going back up... maybe we'll see some sort of weekly trend where it rises on weekends due to more general interest/people logging in
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Paxen » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:39 am

Kai wrote:i'd expect that the price will go up sharply after a few weeks when the guys that wanted to buy gold legally are done buying gold.

Time to dump my gold into tokens then. If EU ever gets access.
Paxen

Postby Nooska » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:33 am

Its a market of supply and demand; gold price will go up to where people think its woth it to spend the 20 $ (or EU equivalent) for the amount of gold, but it won't go higher than what the people wanting to use it are willing to pay in gold (the market will stagnate and prices will drop as more people buy the tokens to sell).
I'd imaging there will be a slight advantage to 'playing the market' over the course of a week, as some patterns likely will emerge on when to buy/sell respectively.

One thing thats certain is that the price of toekns in gold will not skyrocket or plummet completely, because noone /needs/ to buy or sell this stuff.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Ironshield » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:50 am

I wonder how much gold a dedicated farmer makes in a month, that is likely the sustainability point ???
Ironshield

Postby Paxen » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:42 am

Has there been said anything about tokens for EU?
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:24 am

Only "soon(tm)"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:47 am

Probably wiating to see how it pans out in the US, just to atch any problems ahead of time.

Also, I think the equilibrium point will be significantly lower than what a dedicated farmer makes per month, purely because if it isn't, then the dedicated farmer is the only one that can possibly buy them, and obnly at the cost of making no progress at all.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Njall » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:02 am

I've prepaid my subscription till the fall. Could have been longer but I wanted to maintain a sensible reserve of filthy lucre. Now back to earning more gold.

Njall
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:41 pm

I have 3 full level 3 garrisons and 2 starter (level 1) garrisons. Just cycling the missions in the morning, at lunchtime when I happen to be home, and in the evening, I am clearing over 1k per day (average seems to be around 1.5k). With token prices fluctuating between 21k and 24k, I can easily keep up my subscription on Bliz handouts alone - no farming required and only around 20-30 minutes per day with plenty of potential days off.

My nest egg is around 250k, so at the current rate of things I can play for free indefinitely and even absorb significant downtime.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Kai » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:28 am

yeah, i got 3 full garrisons with like 7-8 treasure hunters each. then an addon that vendors all greys/greens from scavenging. along with disenchanting the 610+ blue items, that pulls in a LOT more then 1k/day. just annoyed that i swtiched from epic mount to treasure hunter way too late. now i got like 12-15 epic mounts each but I really cba to do missions more then once/day and twice on weekends. even with addons to send them on missions and just mindlessly clicking the missions, it does take some time.
Kai

Postby Paxen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Coming to Europe tomorrow! :D

...intial price 35k.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I hope it gets a huge flexing at start like in NA so i can snatch a few months for 20k.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am

Shit, price is up to 38k now.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 am

Looks like it's mimicking the NA route.

Atm it's the mass of people puoring tons of golds into purchasing a year of gametime and making the price rise significantly. Once all the rich people are done, the price should drop substantially......... hopefully.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Looks like it's mimicking the NA route.

NA peaked about 2k gold over the initial price according to mmoc. Can't really see the resemblance here.

Atm it's the mass of people puoring tons of golds into purchasing a year of gametime and making the price rise significantly. Once all the rich people are done, the price should drop substantially......... hopefully.

Really hope you're right. Weird that the dynamics are so different in the EU.

edit: currently 6.5k over the initial offering.
Paxen

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:53 pm

EU has a LOT of people that have just gone for gold gold gold over ime, and possibly les speople willing to shell out the money for the token to sell...
currently 42,285G

Currently watching it closely, but still on the rise.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:05 pm

I've heard some weird stuff about some eastern europe with different economies doing stuff, I hope it was just random weird things.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:14 pm

do share - don't hang on to your tips ;)
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Nooska » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Also; 43,135G now
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Paxen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:32 pm

My dream of "going endless" may have ended before it began. Unless things change drastically I doubt I can keep up with the EU economy.
Paxen

Next

Return to General