IFL Science

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

IFL Science

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:43 am

Ok, so this is a thread for any cool/interesting things happening that are science-related.

I think we had a similar thread once (that was focused on something specific) but I decided against hunting for it and necroing it.

Anywho... my reason for creating the thread!

A group of students are in the process of creating a nail polish that can help detect date rape drugs (you stir your drink with your finger and it's supposed to change the color.)
Link
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: IFL Science

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:50 pm

An interesting website I found that helps you understand the vastness of space.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pix ... ystem.html
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Malthrax » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 am

Skye1013 wrote:An interesting website I found that helps you understand the vastness of space.

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pix ... ystem.html

"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space, listen..." - HHGTTG

That's pretty much all you need to know.
Malthrax

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:10 am

I had the patience some time ago to go through that. It's amazingly well done !
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:24 pm

BAM! HI HI ALL!

I was reading about the deep-sea animal species Dendrogramma enigmatica. Why is it built the way that it is? haha at 3000' of water no less! Food enters and exists the same hole?!?! Why!?

I find it interesting that we are always finding new things that challenge what we know. That is why I love science so much. The question! The pursuit of the answer!

Regards,

Holyblaze
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:00 pm

I was reading today that the USGS confirmed the Soviets findings about Afghanistan's rare earth elements. The tech they used is freaking cool! Magnetic and gravity survey's along with a hyperspectral survey. COME ON!

Those that control the rare earth control the tech of the future? Alaska has a huge amount of it too though! GO GO!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Return to General