solo tank 10h kardris (no healer) dark shamans

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

solo tank 10h kardris (no healer) dark shamans

Postby Slakedog » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi guys, I've been a lurker on this board since back in BC, I love the paladin tanking community here and I recently did something I'm quite proud of. I haven't really gotten any good feedback like I want from my video so I thought I'd post it here.

My guild was struggling on killing Dark Shamans and after sitting on Earthbreaker being bored to death with our strat. I came up with the idea to solo tank Kardris with no healers. I woke up that morning mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do. I played a bunch of epic and motivational music prior to the attempts. We ended up killing it in 3 attempts and I never died on any of them.

I searched on google and youtube to see if anyone had done this before. I found nothing and I'm wondering if this is a world first? I'm also wondering if I could inspire some people here to try it. I'm curious as to the difficulty of it.

Thanks in advance and here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0LCFbEgdGc

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodscalp/Slake/advanced
Slakedog

Re: solo tank 10h kardris (no healer) dark shamans

Postby Thels » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:52 am

You had some really close calls there.

I don't think overall it's the best strategy if the entire raid knows what to do. However, if you're bringing a few people that aren't quick on their toes, this tactic may help things out for them.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:14 am

But if you solo tank Kardis... who is going to survive Haromm's stack? I don't think in 10 men you run 3 tanks, or do you o.o

p.s. should be down in the raiding section, I move it there :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 am

Worldie wrote:But if you solo tank Kardis... who is going to survive Haromm's stack? I don't think in 10 men you run 3 tanks, or do you o.o

p.s. should be down in the raiding section, I move it there :P

We three-tank Dark Shamans. Two "proper" tanks on Haromm with a healer and a dps, one re-specced dps with the rest of the raid on Kardris.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:43 am

Even on 10 men? My guild back then did that for shamans hc 25, didn't know it's worth losing a DPS for it in 10 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:13 am

Yeah, 3-tanking trivializes the encounter even on 10 man. The enrage timer is not very strict.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Soloz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Grats ;)

One thing that probably would help you is instead of kiting the blobs the whole time is actually tank them, their aoe doesn't hurt that bad, its only the spawns that do the big numbers. You wouldn't have to be using FoL so much then.
Soloz

Postby Slakedog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:49 pm

Thels wrote:You had some really close calls there.

I don't think overall it's the best strategy if the entire raid knows what to do. However, if you're bringing a few people that aren't quick on their toes, this tactic may help things out for them.

I definitely got pretty low at some points. However, I was very conscious of my damage intake and tried to use my cds appropriately to stay alive. In that video I took some unnecessary damage that was avoidable. To mitigate more damage you could use sotr for every Iron Prison.

I have been in two heroic 10 man guilds that were unable to kill dark shamans after a number of attempts. Solo tanking Kardris allowed me to essentially carry the raid on my back lol. Most 10 man guilds I know of 3 tank that fight to trivialize it. The guilds I was in had trouble 1 healing each side, and by solo tanking 1 side we could have 2 healers together.

Solo tanking it like this has been alot of fun for me and has been the most challenging thing I have done this expansion.

Here is a video of a kill this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nF4BdwXuAo

I think I cleaned it up a little bit compared to my last video. There are still some things I could improve on though.
Slakedog

Return to General