Surviving the Summer

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Surviving the Summer

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

You don't really classify as trade pug Fez :p
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 am

Well, the problems are really starting for my group. For the last 2 weeks, most players have been logging on only for raids, and then logging over to Diablo 3 the moment the raid was over. The guild downed Garrosh normal for the first time a week and a half ago, and literally 20 seconds later, only 2 guildies were still online. :P

We tried some Heroic Norushen last week, but were just a little tight on DPS, so we went for normal. In the end, we didn't manage to kill Garrosh last week, so some of our more steady raiders are really considering on unsubscribing until WoD is here.

Problem is, everyone still wants to go Mythic when WoD hits, but I doubt they'll log back on before that to start building up a solid team for that, so we'll have to wait and see how stuff pans out.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Kai » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:52 am

that's unfortunately how it often works out. the worst was in vanilla when they made the high warlord gear 'free'. amount of guilds stopped raiding as soon as that happened was ridiculous. my guild went down to 1 raid day now and got one guy that's a savage raid logger as well. doesn't really help with the quality of raids if people only log on once per week to play 3 hours.
can only hope that they push the new talent patch early enough, say july or so. that usually gets people back in as they want to try the new stuff. but i'm kinda expecting that for sept/oct and then exp very late in the year, which would mean a pretty rough summer for a lot of guilds.
Kai

Postby Nooska » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 am

@Thels

If there is a large group of your raiders that want to go mythic in WoD, make sure you've had a discussion in teh group, so everyon knows that for that to be realistic, you need to know the majority of your roster ahead of WoD release, and be able to recruit whats missing prior to WoD release.
We broke out back twice on some of that, from TBC->WotLK and from cata->MoP - in that people that wanted to continue dind't log in / resub or commit when we needed them.

I would, learning from past experience, also set a deadline for when they had to show (ahead of WoD, not necessarily resub if they unsubbed, but activity on a website or the like) to prepare and commit finally, or lose their spot from the start, so you can recruit to fill in the spots of people that don't show.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Thels » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Yeah, we'll probably set up a forum in advance and gather everyone over there to poll opinions and expectations. It does help that practically the entire guild knows each other IRL, so people won't be out of touch.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby mclem » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 am

Our guild has actually done quite well during the various slow periods in the past; while attendance is variable, it's rare that we can't run at least a ten-man. Indeed - and this is my cynical side coming to the fore - I'm hoping that slow periods on our server will help boost our recruitment in preparation for Warlords, because now much of the content is going to be Flex, I don't have to have the worry about recruiting people during slow periods then having to bench folks when the major new raids start again.

It sort of helps that we're not great but persistent, and do get on reasonably well with one another - we only got Garrosh a few weeks ago, and got our first heroic kill (Norushen) last week - so now we do at least have a foothold into the next stage of content.
mclem

Postby Fenris » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:59 am

Half of my guild has already frozen accounts around the announcment of "lol,wait another year for the expansion please lol"

And of the half that is still playing with the replacements we recruited,a lot are going closer and closer to freezing too (heck,i used to play at least 8 our each day myself,now i barely log in 5 minute before raiding and log out 1 minute after we end)

And this at the end of April.I can't really see how we'll keep going till late autumn (at best).
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 am

I gave up and froze myself (well, tecnically account still payed till June, but w/e).
Just no real motivation to keep logging even for raids considering we need to always get 3-4 Pugs to even fill a 10 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenris » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:21 am

Eh,i've 2 weeks paid left myself,then i'll switch to 1 month renews and see what happens
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby oldboyz » Sun May 04, 2014 5:14 am

farming Garrosh?

just let you know you may have bad surprise with heirloom drop : once you get our main spec weapon, same can drop again later...
so for 1 toon, not only it take long time to have a drop, and then random can be cruel (especially if you have only 1 other alt, very low % to have the right weapon!)

it is what happened to my hunt : bow drop while i've got it already...
i've contacted a GM : no bug, dev didn't care/took time to code some protection about it

PS, i've calculated atm : garrosh killed 25 time (with 3 different toons) = 4 heirloom
-1 dooblon (bow)
-1 2Haxe i will use on 2 differents alt (pal&DK)
-1 useless (int shield, no use)

so it is 3 toons done, still have 5 to equip

good new is this week i've been able to OQ garrosh with my 2 healeurs for the first time! so now i've 5 toons able to farm garrosh now xD (hope OQ will continue to provide lot of Garrosh PU raid)
oldboyz

Postby Fetzie » Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am

oldboyz wrote:farming Garrosh?

just let you know you may have bad surprise with heirloom drop : once you get our main spec weapon, same can drop again later...
so for 1 toon, not only it take long time to have a drop, and then random can be cruel (especially if you have only 1 other alt, very low % to have the right weapon!)

it is what happened to my hunt : bow drop while i've got it already...
i've contacted a GM : no bug, dev didn't care/took time to code some protection about it

PS, i've calculated atm : garrosh killed 25 time (with 3 different toons) = 4 heirloom
-1 dooblon (bow)
-1 2Haxe i will use on 2 differents alt (pal&DK)
-1 useless (int shield, no use)

so it is 3 toons done, still have 5 to equip

good new is this week i've been able to OQ garrosh with my 2 healeurs for the first time! so now i've 5 toons able to farm garrosh now xD (hope OQ will continue to provide lot of Garrosh PU raid)

I cheated a bit with gearing my warrior: ret spec for the 2h axe on the paladin, arms spec for the 2h axe on the warrior -> Titans' Grip Fury with two axes on the warrior :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Thels » Sun May 04, 2014 9:22 am

Having a Prot/Ret Paladin and a Blood/DW Frost DK also lead to weird loot combinations, where both characters looted items that were better off being used by the other. Right now I got 3 of the 2handers and 1 onehander. 1-2 more onehanders would be nice, though, as would 1 shield.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby oldboyz » Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 am

i've try to equip both bows, but dual is not allowed for troll :/

yea.. now my pal on heal spec, hoping for some usable int loot for my casters (i've already the shield, worse is behind)
As i've now 2 heal on Garrosh, i may be able to get a staff... (but i may have to spe dps on my monk to get agi weapon for my low stuff rogue...) yuup weird stuff to do to compensate Blizz lazyness
oldboyz

Postby Newsom » Sun May 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Fetzie wrote:I cheated a bit with gearing my warrior: ret spec for the 2h axe on the paladin, arms spec for the 2h axe on the warrior -> Titans' Grip Fury with two axes on the warrior :)

I did that for my Shaman - set Holy spec and got the healer mace. Now I really regret it 25 heroic Garrosh kills later and still "need" both the tank shield and the tank weapon for leveling. :<

On heroic I've had:
- 2 polearms
- 5 healer shields
- 2 caster maces (first guaranteed thingy)

And last time I got an heirloom was ~15 weeks ago.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 am

Now you are making me sad, I only got 2 items, Flex staff and Flex 1h str sword, despite several Normal and Flex kills.

I would have really loved the 2h axe look for tmog honestly :(

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General