Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:49 am

I wonder what abilities Paladins will lose... I really hope they don't mess with our Hand spells.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Era » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 am

Better not touch our wings!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Darielle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:08 am

Newsom wrote:I wonder what abilities Paladins will lose... I really hope they don't mess with our Hand spells.

I doubt they'll change Hand spells. Most likely they'll just bake in AW into Ret GoAK or remove AW and bake the graphic elsewhere.
Darielle

Postby Newsom » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

I dunno, in a raid night I for one use almost all of my spells on my bars. Maybe not Turn Evil so much, but even Blinding Light is useful on Klaxxi.

That said I was helping a friend set up her Prot spec the other day and she was complaining she was running out of keybinds.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Honestly speaking at the moment on any of my 90s I really ran out of keybindings and have to click several CDs due to no reliable key to bind them to.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby culhag » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Darielle wrote:
Newsom wrote:I wonder what abilities Paladins will lose... I really hope they don't mess with our Hand spells.

I doubt they'll change Hand spells. Most likely they'll just bake in AW into Ret GoAK or remove AW and bake the graphic elsewhere.

I think hands spells are the easiest target for us. They're completely unique abilities. Hand of Protection in particular can be very powerful on some fights.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:06 am

I dunno, in a raid night I for one use almost all of my spells on my bars. Maybe not Turn Evil so much, but even Blinding Light is useful on Klaxxi.

That said I was helping a friend set up her Prot spec the other day and she was complaining she was running out of keybinds.

WHat I mean is that Ret in particular has always been a spec that's very focused on stacking multiple cooldowns, so when they're looking to remove that kind of thing, they'll probably consolidate.

Take something like this for example:
Avenging Wrath is no longer a baseline ability.

Guardian of Ancient Kings has been readjusted within specs -
Ret = Crusader of Ancient Kings, combines the effects of AW and current Ret Guardian, perhaps minus the Str boost which will just be baked into spell coefficients baseline.
Prot = Guardian of Ancient Kings, unchanged
Holy = whatever, combine Divine Favour with current Guardian or something

Then Sanctified Wrath is reworked a little bit to extend Crusader of Ancient Kings for Ret and do the HoW thing, and for Prot it gives a clicky with Avenging Wrath that reduces Judgment cd like it does now.

End result:
No GoAK/AW stacking for the norm, or HA/AW stacking. Removes a level of macro and button that serves similar purpose.

That Hand spells are unique and have a purpose is one of the main reasons they most likely won't be touched. They're not trying to remove unique utility. They're trying to consolidate similar-purpose or exceptionally niche abilities, which Hands aren't, maybe you could argue Hand of Salvation is more obsolete now. Blinding Light might qualify, because it's basically mainly useful with the glyph. HoW might be removed for Prot and made Ret-only. HW might be removed since you can essentially consider it equivalent to Consecration. Devotion Aura might be Holy-only IF Blizzard made some commitment to reworking raid cooldowns, they've currently not really indicated so, depending on how you interpret https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 1447056384
Darielle

Postby Newsom » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 am

Who the hell macros HA to AW? The main point in taking it is to get an extra defensive cooldown. Sure it can be nice for burst damage too, but that isn't the point of the talent. It'd be really weird to not have any damage increase cooldown at all as Prot.

I could totally see them consolidating GoAK and AW for Ret somehow though.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:16 am

I'd think the most likely change is actually keeping Avenging Wrath across the board and making GoAK Prot-only.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 am

Avenging Wrath is too much of a iconic paladin skill, I don't really see them merging it into something else. Rather they will bake the Goatk effect for ret and holy to AW, and for tanks keep it separate, as tank cooldowns are a different from DPS cds.
(tanks don't stack cds on top of each other, DPS do)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 am

Newsom wrote:Who the hell macros HA to AW? The main point in taking it is to get an extra defensive cooldown. Sure it can be nice for burst damage too, but that isn't the point of the talent. It'd be really weird to not have any damage increase cooldown at all as Prot.

I could totally see them consolidating GoAK and AW for Ret somehow though.

Stacking them doesn't require macro'ing them. It's more about when you time AW - you're best off popping AW when you pop HA anyway for most situations when you can; on fights that you can just stack them on the pull with the prepot, even better. For harsh dps check portions of fights, basically everyone works things out to have both of them available TO stack.

Avenging Wrath is too much of a iconic paladin skill, I don't really see them merging it into something else. Rather they will bake the Goatk effect for ret and holy to AW

Are you saying that the spell name Avenging Wrath is too iconic? Or that the effect (wings) which could exist either way to whichever side they merge it is iconic?

The only reason I see them not particularly caring about AW itself is because the only really iconic part about AW is the wings, and you can bake that graphic into anything appropriate - such as whatever the name of the merged offensive cooldown would be, or <insert spell, minor glyph here>
Darielle

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:41 am

Talking about the wings graphic, not really about its effect or name.
If they are to merge GoatK and AW I can see them keeping the AW graphic over the guardian one.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Worldie wrote:Talking about the wings graphic, not really about its effect or name.
If they are to merge GoatK and AW I can see them keeping the AW graphic over the guardian one.

Why would they have to choose? ALL THE SPELL EFFECTS
Darielle

Postby Newsom » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Would be kind of silly to merge a talent with a baseline ability.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Not sure which talent would be merged with a baseline, but it's probably no sillier than a baseline ability becoming a talent.
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General