Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: "Warlords of Draenor"

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 am

Worldie wrote:There's 100% going to be something about time travel. The whole Timeless Isle storyline and the ending about Stormwind devastated by some "black shaish stuff" that also reminds me of Infinite Dragonflight have been given a lot of importance in 5.4.
Also, Wrathion storyline clearly hints to the Legion (or some other major disaster incoming).

I can totally see something that has to do with both the Legion and the Timeways. Not necessarly linked to each other (see mogu vs sha storylines, or ulduar storyline in WotLK that had nothing to do with the Lich King).

Hell, throw in the Old Gods for a nice little Melee à Quatre.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Andurin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:49 am

Sagara wrote:A daring scenario would ask: why not both? Who's to say that Draenor isn't suffering from wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff, sending us to explore a continent that popped up à la Timeless Isle, where we actually encounter elements of the current storyline and of one (or multiple!!) past stories.

I see what you did there... Also making new engineering items? Screwdrivers with sonic technologies? Some kind of portalble blue boxes? :p
Andurin

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:00 am

I could go for an alternate timeline... in which Thrall, Varok Saurfang and all the other major orcs are evil, led by Dranosh Saurfang, and are oppressing Draenor? That way you can have a Draenei stronghold and AU Velen and Velen!Prime can do fusion dance and have more Draenei story in the game?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby melisandyr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:02 am

I worry when I see a lot of the rumours popping up about alternative realities and time travel, as this is really hard to build into a credible narrative. This is amply demonstrated by how difficult the Dr Who executive producers have found building the narrative arcs across the past few seasons. It really is much better when it is contained in a small doses and focuses on the heart of the show - which is a strong adventure story.

Highly personal reflection, so it might be shared by everyone.

I am really excited by the possibility of Turalyon and Alleria being rediscovered - and think it would be fun if the three Windrunner sisters took the core of the narrative for this expansion (although I would be annoyed if they turn Sylvanus into the prime villain).

I can also see that it is hard to think of a genuine idea to propel the story forward if they have to reuse here's another unexplored and undiscovered landmass that was lost in: the mists, through a portal, over the sea, down the back of grandma's sofa (delete as appropriate) if they don't feel the time was right for a Naga or Emerald Dream expansion. The potential for an arc including cleansing Norzdormu, preventing the murder of his consort as we saw in the hourglass could also be quite interesting if the prime mover is revealed to be the Legion.

I do think the less Garrosh has to do with things the better though. I wish they'd just put him out to grass (feel there's a good Tauren joke here, but can't quite get there).

I guess we'll know in a few hours!
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:05 am

There will be no Emerald Dream expansion, they closed the book on that in the horrible Stormrage book.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby melisandyr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 am

I must admit, I've never been brave enough to read a warcraft novel. Very arrogantly of me, I assume that what goes on in my own head is better than the vision they can conjure from the page & written word. I do like some of the fan fiction pieces though, in short story doses.

Makes sense about the Emerald Dream.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Winkle » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 am

I haven't read the books either, in fact i know very little warcraft lore. It's all a bit hocus pocus and crazy for me tbh, MoP's really the first expansion where i've felt i've actually been able to follow the story arc just via the in game experience.

In that regard i assume i'm probably in the majority, personally i'm just looking forward to more raiding and building upon the strength's of this expansion.
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am

Klaudandus wrote:There will be no Emerald Dream expansion, they closed the book on that in the horrible Stormrage book.

Didn't the Emeral Dream disappear when Ysera became mortal anyway?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 am

Most probably not. We don't know what the ED is, but we know that Ysera was appointed to guard it, not create it. it's probaly still out there, and Druids are probably handling it for now.

Sagara

Postby Winkle » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:05 am

Worldie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:There will be no Emerald Dream expansion, they closed the book on that in the horrible Stormrage book.

Didn't the Emeral Dream disappear when Ysera became mortal anyway?

According to this: http://wowpedia.org/Emerald_Dream she just happened to mosey on back to Azeroth to help out, apprently the ED is still doing the rounds, just that not many people can get there these days.
Winkle

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 am

the emerald dream is supposed to be a copy of azeroth as the titans created it, iow pre-sundering

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am

bldavis wrote:the emerald dream is supposed to be a copy of azeroth as the titans created it, iow pre-sundering

I remember reading that on multiple places, but I don't remember that ever being confirmed.

Was that in the Stormrage novel?

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:47 am

I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 am

Sagara wrote:
bldavis wrote:the emerald dream is supposed to be a copy of azeroth as the titans created it, iow pre-sundering

I remember reading that on multiple places, but I don't remember that ever being confirmed.

Was that in the Stormrage novel?

i dont remember where i read it...i didnt read stormrage yet
that is why i said "supposed to be" instead of is :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:49 pm

All the nostalgia about the history of warcraft, how many of the great villains came from Draenor...has to be time travel.

edit:
Update 2:44 PM EST: Draenor produced some of the biggest villains of Warcraft, but the races of Azeroth came together to stop them.
Update 2:43 PM EST: Many WoW players never got to see the early Blizzard games or earlier Warcraft story.
Update 2:42 PM EST: The team has been thinking about the early days with the first Blizzard games.
Paxen

PreviousNext

Return to General