Page 24 of 83

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:41 am
by Era
Next expansion Varian will time travel back into Northrend during the Vrykul days and we'll see more of the human origins. Instead of raising a pet dragon you get to raise a pet human baby! There'll be baby fighting tournaments and everything, to help ensure the natural selection needed for Varian's future super-breed human army.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 am
by KysenMurrin
Darielle wrote:The logic of this expansionj comes down to:
"Orcs rule, humans drool".

And yet we're travelling back in time to when there were more Orcs so we can kill them all again.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:02 am
by halabar
KysenMurrin wrote:
Darielle wrote:The logic of this expansionj comes down to:
"Orcs rule, humans drool".

And yet we're travelling back in time to when there were more Orcs so we can kill them all again.


Wait... we get to go back and kill more Orcs? Might not be so bad after all. Can't see there there will be a troll instance in Draenor anyway.

The armour models are gonna be crap though...

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 am
by Worldie
Don't worry I'm sure the Zandalari will find a way to sneak into the new Draenor!

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 am
by jere
You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 am
by bldavis
jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?

oh god, dont give them ideas!

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:12 am
by Worldie
bldavis wrote:
jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?

oh god, dont give them ideas!

Image

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm
by Klaudandus
Well, I was clearly not expecting a giant Cadance head here.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:25 pm
by halabar
jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?


I have a tremendous sense of dread now....

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm
by Thels
Trolls aren't native to Draenei, so we won't see a lot of Troll NPCs.

Overall, I'm looking quite forward to the new expansion. The "get to the story" story is a bit sketchy with the alternative timeline and what not, but I agree, I would really like to walk around on old Draenor, so if we have to eat that sketchy back in time plot to get there, I'm fine with that.

Most of the system updates look really interesting. Goodbye, reforging. Totally NOT sorry to see you go. (Yes, of course reforging could still be useful, but it certainly won't be required to perform. Also, no reforging means you'll more likely want a piece that really has your stats, and will more likely pass on a piece with the wrong stats for another class that uses those stats better.)

I'm a little worried about LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic having separate lockouts. I kinda stopped raiding actively for a month or two, when the guild I was in at the moment decided they were fine with 2 tanks and told me to reroll Retri, but otherwise I wonder if I would've been doing Flex+LFR every week, and what I would've been doing on my DK.

That is actually the biggest reason I disagree with Jere that heroic/mythic doesn't need better stats. If mythic had better looks, but not better stats, every top-end guild would have to farm all three modes on each char until the end of times, because that normal-warforged/socketed piece would be better than that mythic piece without warforged/socket. It would be serious disaster for them.

I'm already worried how they're going to take Heroic with loot sharing on a separate lockout. Right now, they're locked out on normal, so during progression, they can run heroic with their best team, and can run LFR and Flex on the sides. Since LFR and Flex are personal loot, no weird shenanigans with alts and what not. Once progression is over, they likely won't care at LFR and Flex level items anymore, as they will eventually drop on Heroic, so it's farming Heroic from then on until the next raid instance, probably in several groups to funnel more gear to mains that still need certain pieces/gear up more alts.

In WoD, next to their progression run, they can do several X mains + Y alts heroic runs, funneling every single drop towards their mains to gear them up like mad, while still continuing on their mythic progression during that same week. I honestly think that'll be more troublesome than there being 4 available modes. Time will tell, though.

Karazhan having anything related makes me think how many players still have Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian to quickly teleport to that place. I doubt it'll be many people.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:29 pm
by jere
Thels wrote:That is actually the biggest reason I disagree with Jere that heroic/mythic doesn't need better stats. If mythic had better looks, but not better stats, every top-end guild would have to farm all three modes on each char until the end of times, because that normal-warforged/socketed piece would be better than that mythic piece without warforged/socket. It would be serious disaster for them.


To be fair, I never said that was my stance. I asked if they didn't need better stats. Only discussion, nothing more. I'm not a heroic raider anymore so I don't have much of a horse in the race. Only trying to think outside the box was all.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:34 am
by Nooska
What if mythic wasn't a full tier ahead, but only *forged ahead in ilvl (or rather, guaranteed *forged and same base ilvl)?
That would eliminate th eneed for doublerunning to double the chances of the *forged item dropping?

(I'll note I have no skin in the game in regards to lowering the ilvl of mythic, just trying to reply to the concern that arose on Jere's question)

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 am
by Thels
It was an idea you brought up, though. Perhaps I should've worded it differently, but it was in no way meant as an accusation.

Either way, I think it's a bad idea, because of the separate lockouts. If the lockouts weren't separate, I might've agreed with it.

And Nooska, I don't think you're right there, either. If Mythic would be the same base ilvl, but guaranteed Warforged, then you'd still run Heroic, because Heroic can still drop Warforged as well, thus more chances to get the right loot.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:38 am
by Nooska
True that.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:04 am
by Newsom
Yeah, the only thing I hate about WoD so far is the new lockout system. Not looking forward to running all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week at the start of the tier... it has been bad enough this expansion. At least the first instance only has 6 bosses.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 am
by Nooska
What am I missing right now? why at least twice?

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:31 am
by lythac
Heroic and Mythic are separate lockouts. No more toggling between difficulties.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:32 am
by Nooska
Yeah, I get that, I'm just wondering why Newsom is saying "[run] all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week" - I get the concern of running all diff every week at the beginning (gearing up and what not), but running all of them twice per week - what am I overlooking here?

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:57 am
by Sagara
At the very high levels, people tend to have multiple toons ready and available for stacking purposes (most basic example is, say melee vs ranged)

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 am
by Thels
Heh, when I first read that, I thought he said dungeons. Perhaps he meant dungeons and just goofed up? Or perhaps he is worried about keeping a geared alt?

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 am
by Worldie
He's worried about having to keep MORE than a single alt geared.

Each alt = run again all 4 difficulties.


Having treckie in my friendlist, I can see him always running Flex LFR and normal/hc on several alts during the week as well. I guess it's for fun though considering it's the last tier :P

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 am
by Io.Draco
Maybe he's getting in BiS gear to be as ready as possible for Warlords release? Would not surprise me.

Oh the insanity of modern day World First raiding.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am
by Worldie
Well considering all the gear will be resetted with leveling, I wouln't know so I think he's just enjoying the well deserved holidays :P

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:44 pm
by Darielle
Nooska wrote:Yeah, I get that, I'm just wondering why Newsom is saying "[run] all difficulties at least twice (probably more) every week" - I get the concern of running all diff every week at the beginning (gearing up and what not), but running all of them twice per week - what am I overlooking here?


Because you can use your mains on infinite runs, it'll work out where you can have severly stacked raids to funnel loot better, using mains to speed up each time.

Let's say that you can adjust your raid comp so that 6 people cover all loot needs.

- Run raid with 6 mains and funnel loot to them.
- Run raid with 6 new mains, the 6 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- Run raid with 6 new mains, 12 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- RUn raid with 6 new mains, 14 existing mains, funnel loot to new mains.
- Run raid with any new mains left + primary alts, 14 existing mains, funnel loot.
.....

Repeat per mode (Heroic and Normal - Mythic won't work this way).

The difference now is that where Normal and Heroic are "the same raid", and because you can only take one character to the raid at the same time, it limits the number of times you personally are inside, on the same character, doing the same old shit. Myself, by around the 3rd time, I'd be bored and wondering if I could solo tank Blackfuse in Blues.

Trolls aren't native to Draenei, so we won't see a lot of Troll NPCs.


When the Dark Portal Opened, King Rastakhan send his Zandalari to invade the portal and claim this new world as a new home to replace their dying one. In a silent and deadly strike, they took control of the portal and sent in an army to pave the way.

These Zandalar were forever changed by this SAVAGE world to become SAVAGE trolls. They also allied with the Gronn, who wished to be free of the Iron Horde. Because Gruul.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:15 pm
by Worldie
Stop giving them ideas >_<