Remove Advertisements

Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Phase #2801 - Karazhan 2: Eclectic Boogaloo has been renamed to Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.

They're definitely screwing with us.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6809
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:11 pm

specifically this guy is https://twitter.com/Dave_Maldo
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7499
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Phase #2801 - Karazhan 2: Eclectic Boogaloo has been renamed to Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.


:D
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Cema » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Darielle wrote:That has a few explanations beyond website laziness thogh:
- Maybe Khadgar found a way to reverse the curse.
- Or stepping into an alternate timeline pre-Curse removes the Curse.
- Or he got sick of having a beard and decided to attract some SAVAGE chicks. You know, the whole "shave and suddenly people are like WHOA HE LOOKS HOT" deal.


Why the fuck are you still asking questions about the logic of this Xpack?

It's like forcing pizza into donuts while your little sister is drinking a full bottle of Blair's mega death hot sauce.

BOY ! DON'T DO THAT !
User avatar
Cema
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:46 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Darielle » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Why the fuck are you still asking questions about the logic of this Xpack?

It's like forcing pizza into donuts while your little sister is drinking a full bottle of Blair's mega death hot sauce.

BOY ! DON'T DO THAT !


The logic of this expansionj comes down to:
"Orcs rule, humans drool".
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Era » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:41 am

Next expansion Varian will time travel back into Northrend during the Vrykul days and we'll see more of the human origins. Instead of raising a pet dragon you get to raise a pet human baby! There'll be baby fighting tournaments and everything, to help ensure the natural selection needed for Varian's future super-breed human army.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 am

Darielle wrote:The logic of this expansionj comes down to:
"Orcs rule, humans drool".

And yet we're travelling back in time to when there were more Orcs so we can kill them all again.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6809
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:02 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Darielle wrote:The logic of this expansionj comes down to:
"Orcs rule, humans drool".

And yet we're travelling back in time to when there were more Orcs so we can kill them all again.


Wait... we get to go back and kill more Orcs? Might not be so bad after all. Can't see there there will be a troll instance in Draenor anyway.

The armour models are gonna be crap though...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:41 am

Don't worry I'm sure the Zandalari will find a way to sneak into the new Draenor!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13299
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby jere » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 am

You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2957
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby bldavis » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 am

jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?

oh god, dont give them ideas!
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:12 am

bldavis wrote:
jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?

oh god, dont give them ideas!

Image
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13299
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Well, I was clearly not expecting a giant Cadance head here.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11018
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:25 pm

jere wrote:You didn't know that the Black Temple's original structure was built atop what used to be an ancient Zandalari burial ground?


I have a tremendous sense of dread now....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9372
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Thels » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Trolls aren't native to Draenei, so we won't see a lot of Troll NPCs.

Overall, I'm looking quite forward to the new expansion. The "get to the story" story is a bit sketchy with the alternative timeline and what not, but I agree, I would really like to walk around on old Draenor, so if we have to eat that sketchy back in time plot to get there, I'm fine with that.

Most of the system updates look really interesting. Goodbye, reforging. Totally NOT sorry to see you go. (Yes, of course reforging could still be useful, but it certainly won't be required to perform. Also, no reforging means you'll more likely want a piece that really has your stats, and will more likely pass on a piece with the wrong stats for another class that uses those stats better.)

I'm a little worried about LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic having separate lockouts. I kinda stopped raiding actively for a month or two, when the guild I was in at the moment decided they were fine with 2 tanks and told me to reroll Retri, but otherwise I wonder if I would've been doing Flex+LFR every week, and what I would've been doing on my DK.

That is actually the biggest reason I disagree with Jere that heroic/mythic doesn't need better stats. If mythic had better looks, but not better stats, every top-end guild would have to farm all three modes on each char until the end of times, because that normal-warforged/socketed piece would be better than that mythic piece without warforged/socket. It would be serious disaster for them.

I'm already worried how they're going to take Heroic with loot sharing on a separate lockout. Right now, they're locked out on normal, so during progression, they can run heroic with their best team, and can run LFR and Flex on the sides. Since LFR and Flex are personal loot, no weird shenanigans with alts and what not. Once progression is over, they likely won't care at LFR and Flex level items anymore, as they will eventually drop on Heroic, so it's farming Heroic from then on until the next raid instance, probably in several groups to funnel more gear to mains that still need certain pieces/gear up more alts.

In WoD, next to their progression run, they can do several X mains + Y alts heroic runs, funneling every single drop towards their mains to gear them up like mad, while still continuing on their mythic progression during that same week. I honestly think that'll be more troublesome than there being 4 available modes. Time will tell, though.

Karazhan having anything related makes me think how many players still have Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian to quickly teleport to that place. I doubt it'll be many people.
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest