Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Someone was speculating that all profession bonuses were gonna get removed.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Someone was speculating that all profession bonuses were gonna get removed.


Possible, but the crafters might revolt. If they did remove the bonuses, I'd likely go back to mining/engineering on my main.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Gosh imagine that you could pick the professions you find the most enjoyable without being forced to pick if you want to min/max!

The horror!
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:16 pm

The thing is, outside of Engineering, JC will become the only crafting profession whose value in raid will be totally dependent on RNG.

Everyone has gloves and bracers they can modify (BS), or legs and wrists (LW), shoulders (Scribes) and rings (enchanters)...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Teranoid wrote:Gosh imagine that you could pick the professions you find the most enjoyable without being forced to pick if you want to min/max!

The horror!


Sigh... you're as bad as Bldavis.

Enjoyable professions? Outside of engineering, what professions actually have something that's "enjoyable"?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Amirya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Wait a minute, engineering is enjoyable?

What the hell?
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Era » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Probably just because it has more vanity items.

WISH I COULD GO SKINNING/SKINNING WITH DUAL WIELD SKINNING KNIFE MAN
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway/Japan

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:40 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Gosh imagine that you could pick the professions you find the most enjoyable without being forced to pick if you want to min/max!

The horror!


Sigh... you're as bad as Bldavis.

Enjoyable professions? Outside of engineering, what professions actually have something that's "enjoyable"?


Yeah as in this will be enjoyable because no more "I better have a gathering alt because their bonuses are shit for raiding"

Maybe you should spend some of your gold on reading comprehension classes.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 pm

halabar wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Gosh imagine that you could pick the professions you find the most enjoyable without being forced to pick if you want to min/max!

The horror!


Sigh... you're as bad as Bldavis.

Enjoyable professions? Outside of engineering, what professions actually have something that's "enjoyable"?

im horrible because i am looking at the changes not from a bottomline but from a raid team perspective and get tired of reading your QQ over losing ways to get even more gold, when you probably have enough you can stop now and still never find ways to spend it all?

what is wrong with having professions that you want your character to have based on RP or something like that?
a lot of mine are for RP purposes, as well as being self sustaining.

my gnome and goblin are both engineers, my priest and horde mage are both tailor/enchanters, i have 2 plate wearing mining/bs

the professions werent put in just to make people money, they were put in to give crafters something to do, and to add diversity to the game.
but hey if you play to just play the AH, go for it
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The thing is, outside of Engineering, JC will become the only crafting profession whose value in raid will be totally dependent on RNG.


I did not known an on demand DPS cooldown was RNG.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The thing is, outside of Engineering, JC will become the only crafting profession whose value in raid will be totally dependent on RNG.


I did not known an on demand DPS cooldown was RNG.


Completely forgot about that. I think my point still stands tho.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:41 pm

bldavis wrote:im horrible because i am looking at the changes not from a bottomline but from a raid team perspective and get tired of reading your QQ over losing ways to get even more gold, when you probably have enough you can stop now and still never find ways to spend it all?


Oh please... you really can't tell the difference between analysis of the new situation and QQ? Give me a break. Saying a profession is going to loose a lot of gold making potential is not QQ, it's analysis of what we know sofar.

But perhaps you are right, Klaud and I should really keep that discussion to the AH thread, or the gold making forums, and leave the ignorance here be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Teranoid wrote:Yeah as in this will be enjoyable because no more "I better have a gathering alt because their bonuses are shit for raiding"

Maybe you should spend some of your gold on reading comprehension classes.


No, as I should have gathering on my main, since no flying till 6.1 will potentially favor gathering mains.

But you missed my point.. if the bonuses are taken away.. does any profession besides engineering bring anything else that's "fun" or beneficial? Depends on how far they go with the changes.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 pm

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:im horrible because i am looking at the changes not from a bottomline but from a raid team perspective and get tired of reading your QQ over losing ways to get even more gold, when you probably have enough you can stop now and still never find ways to spend it all?


Oh please... you really can't tell the difference between analysis of the new situation and QQ? Give me a break. Saying a profession is going to loose a lot of gold making potential is not QQ, it's analysis of what we know sofar.

But perhaps you are right, Klaud and I should really keep that discussion to the AH thread, or the gold making forums, and leave the ignorance here be.

all i can say is wow...just wow
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:42 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The thing is, outside of Engineering, JC will become the only crafting profession whose value in raid will be totally dependent on RNG.


I did not known an on demand DPS cooldown was RNG.


Completely forgot about that. I think my point still stands tho.


Your point is kind of silly since it is "Jewelcrafting as it is now will suck in the future if they don't change it to not suck." I know they miss things from time to time but frankly I doubt they'd miss that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Lieris » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:34 pm

You used to just have to worry about enchanting your gear.

Now everything, even rings, has gem sockets, you've still got to enchant your stuff, upgrade them with VP, pay the reforging costs... it's too much, too tedious.

I am glad they're toning this nonsense down and getting rid of hit/expertise. Getting a new piece of gear should be fun and empowering, not this boring balancing act trying to delicately tweak values so that you're over a cap but not too over it. I think that players should be able to do their upgrades within 10 seconds of getting an item assuming they have the enchant scroll and gem(s) in their bag.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Flex wrote:Your point is kind of silly since it is "Jewelcrafting as it is now will suck in the future if they don't change it to not suck." I know they miss things from time to time but frankly I doubt they'd miss that.

Don't see why they couldn't just make the JC gems like enchants or something that don't require a gem slot for use. Or perhaps allow JCs to add gem sockets to certain slots (a la BS.) I'm sure whatever the case is, assuming profession bonuses aren't removed entirely, JCs will be compensated...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Lieris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 am

JCing has been the best or second best money making and raiding profession since its creation. JCs don't deserve any compensation.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:05 am

we are not talking about compensating us for loss of revenue. we're talking about a profession bonus that might be useless unless the RNG gods smile on us and give us gem slots on the gear that drops -- otherwise, our bonus is wasted.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9730
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Lieris » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 am

Klaudandus wrote:we are not talking about compensating us for loss of revenue. we're talking about a profession bonus that might be useless unless the RNG gods smile on us and give us gem slots on the gear that drops -- otherwise, our bonus is wasted.


You only need 2 gem sockets to make full use of your profession bonus. You won't have any problems.

Gem sockets will go from 3 to probably 1 on your tier chest for example, they won't be rare! :) The bonus sockets from RNG won't be the only way to get them, some will be guaranteed.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:57 am

I wouldn't be surprised if you only need 1 JC gem for the full bonus either (remember, it used to be 3 gems but now it's 2). That is if profession bonuses are still a thing in WoD.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Sagara » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Also, I don't think they're gonna completely remove sockets (besides the special tertiary). Remember we have what? 15 sockets right now? Dialing it down to one on chest, one on pants only, plus any tertiary you're lucky enough to find would still reach their objective or "less management", the same way they limited the amount of slots where enchantments are available, while not nixxing enchantments outright.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3276
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Newsom wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if you only need 1 JC gem for the full bonus either (remember, it used to be 3 gems but now it's 2). That is if profession bonuses are still a thing in WoD.


It could even just be something like Jewelcrafters allowed to add a Meta to Helms and then socket a "320 Agi" Meta.
Darielle
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Paxen » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:49 pm

I think you guys are discussing the last expacs problems while preparing for the next expac. Gems will be more worth than they are, and it's not even certain that they'll keep the perk system as it is.

IF blizzard retains profession perks, I can't imagine that they'll NOT give every prof the same bonus to primary stats, either a static bonus or an averaged proc like now. Stuff can come up like how BS is better and JC is worse if your spec wants to gem secondary stats, but if all profs give you access to +40 str/agi/int JC will also provide it in starting raid gear, in some way.
Paxen
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby oldboyz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:15 am

I am glad they're toning this nonsense down and getting rid of hit/expertise. Getting a new piece of gear should be fun and empowering, not this boring balancing act trying to delicately tweak values so that you're over a cap but not too over it.


well.. for me, it is part of the fun to change my stuff :mrgreen: one of the few moment where my brain activate, otherwise this game is pretty much boring :mrgreen:

what people seems to forget is that you dont need to be 100% optimized all the time... understand a new fight and better raid coordination is far more effective :wink: (almost the same who deadly need stuff because they lack confidence in their real skill)


so yes, WoD look to much too much simplier at the moment, one more simplification, and Wow will be as complex as Sim's ! :shock:
oldboyz
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest