Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Soo... It is actually 10% for every tertiary, so likely 0,1% to have all three... fun times.
Also, stop me if I'm dumb, bit didn't they talk about still having some gems?

Could they do say, one gem on all Chests and Legs past a certain ilvl, plus a chance at having one (two total for chests/legs) via the tertiary bonus?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:49 am

Someone should go on the US forums (cause no dev ever reads or answers on EU) and ask about the future of JC.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 am

Worldie wrote:Someone should go on the US forums (cause no dev ever reads or answers on EU) and ask about the future of JC.

One way could be to make gem cuts easier to obtain, do de-emphasize the gem-cutting aspect, and make it more similar to how the armor-making profs earn money (new craftables with each patch that requires a cooldown-limited material - necks and rings).
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 am

Worldie wrote:Someone should go on the US forums (cause no dev ever reads or answers on EU) and ask about the future of JC.

Despite this being a bit beyond the scope of this discussion, we can say that we don’t want to keep a flawed gear design just to ensure revenue for Jewelcrafters. We are, however, considering additional types of things that they could make to offset the need for so many gems.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am

i sense incoming rage similar to engineer rage at the removal of arrows/bullets in cata

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 am

Let us craft more ACTUALLY useful rings, necklaces and trinkets. And some more novelty items. Give me an amulet with passive waterwalking, and a ring that transforms me into a fish if I'm under water or something.

...and a special ring that, when I equip it, turns me invisible and lets me track, Mind Vision and Mind Control any other character wearing any kind of ring. :wink:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 am

The novelty crap and mounts are rarely profitable because every noob with a profession makes them. Sky Golems are barely 27k on my server now.. AH goblins will have to find other means to stay profitable.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:46 am

Used to make a killing on gems back in Wrath. People can miss vanilla till they go blue, but I actually miss Wrath.

The auction house on my current server (Emerald Dream EU, never go there) is completely broken. Most days the crafting materials are more expensive than the things they craft, and that's assuming there's actually something available. Were I a steady raider any more, most likely I'd have to resort to MINING AND PROSPECTING to get gems for my gear. <_<

Probably going to move before the next expansion, but I've got family and friends playing here so I'll stick around for now. Maybe it'll get lucky and be connected to another realm.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:49 am

halabar wrote:The novelty crap and mounts are rarely profitable because every noob with a profession makes them. Sky Golems are barely 27k on my server now..AH goblins will have to find other means to stay profitable.

:o
OH NOES!

:roll: :lol:

im sorry if i am more worried about how loot distribution will work and less so lining the pockets of AH goblins

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:09 am

bldavis wrote:i sense incoming rage similar to engineer rage at the removal of arrows/bullets in cata

That was way before cata - that was in wrath - I didn't pick up a single arrow/bullet in ICC.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Paxen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 am

Era wrote:...and a special ring that, when I equip it, turns me invisible and lets me track, Mind Vision and Mind Control any other character wearing any kind of ring. :wink:

Can't be any kind of ring - that would be broken.

BUT! - the game already tracks who made what craftable items, so a ring that lets you control other characters that wear a ring made by the same crafter...
Paxen

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 am

Time to dust off the JC and make rings for the raidgroup(s)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:36 am

That would FINALLY grant me my fantasy of being in control of my raid. The good ole days of RLeading, only litteraly this time.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:04 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:The novelty crap and mounts are rarely profitable because every noob with a profession makes them. Sky Golems are barely 27k on my server now..AH goblins will have to find other means to stay profitable.

:o
OH NOES!

:roll: :lol:

im sorry if i am more worried about how loot distribution will work and less so lining the pockets of AH goblins

Aww... poor little member of the unwashed poor masses... You mistake my comment for tears, rather, it was a statement of fact. Please do participate in the creation of the new hot items with that masses, while I profit off something else... :twisted:

halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Nooska wrote:
bldavis wrote:i sense incoming rage similar to engineer rage at the removal of arrows/bullets in cata

That was way before cata - that was in wrath - I didn't pick up a single arrow/bullet in ICC.

ok, it was the Halion patch iirc
i know i still dealt with bullets/arrows during ToC..and i say that because i got my first xbow after the 5man was released for ToC, and still have the quiver since i had to switch from a bullet pouch to quiver when i switched ammo types
Last edited by bldavis on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bldavis

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Didn't the last bullet and arrow Eng recipes come from inside ICC?
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:09 pm

halabar wrote:Aww... poor little member of the unwashed poor masses... You mistake my comment for tears, rather, it was a statement of fact. Please do participate in the creation of the new hot items with that masses, while I profit off something else... :twisted:

some of us play to PvP
some play to be a heroic(mythic) raider

some of us play to mass the largest gold pile and are unhappy if anything messes with that possibility of getting more gold
i saw it with the bitching from engineers with the removal of ammunition, and scribes with the new storage of glyphs

im sorry that blizzard is removing your money making routine, same as they did with engineers (and giving them toys/pets/mounts) and scribes (giving them weapons, pets, and BoA items)

i might not agree with the decision, but i am sure they will give you something else you can exploit something in the AH
:roll:

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 pm

You cannot spell Jewelcrafter without Jew!

Of course we're gonna be looking at what else we can exploit for profit in the AH!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 pm

It's not like gems are going away...
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Newsom wrote:It's not like gems are going away...

That's not the problem, the reduced demand is.
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Klaudandus wrote:You cannot spell Jewelcrafter without Jew!

Of course we're gonna be looking at what else we can exploit for profit in the AH!

Indeed. Not quite sure what Bldavis is raging about, but I was simply stating the fact that the new craftables are likely to be fool's gold for money making, and the gold will be found with other things. He should be thanking me for the tip... but hey, if he wants to make Sky Golems....

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Newsom wrote:It's not like gems are going away...

That's not the problem, the reduced demand is.

Which puts them in a danger zone for Goblins, since there are far too many JCers now as it is.

halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Passing from having 10+ gem slots per equipment, to having 1-2 gem slot randomly will hurt gem demands significantly.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:39 pm

halabar wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:You cannot spell Jewelcrafter without Jew!

Indeed. Not quite sure what Bldavis is raging about, but I was simply stating the fact that the new craftables are likely to be fool's gold for money making, and the gold will be found with other things. He should be thanking me for the tip... but hey, if he wants to make Sky Golems....

I'm guessing is the inflated prices of some items... like some glyphs I'd regularly sell for over 300 gold, in spite of the mats costing about 10-15% of that. And it's a market I created years ago almost singlehandedly in Feathermoon. Most of the prices for glyphs are actually down from those heydays, now hovering between 50gs and 200gs, but some still sell for 300 even years after I manipulated the market. Even at 50g, I still double the profit on the crafted item.

That said, there's still a steady demand for glyphs, even after they reduced the number of glyphs needed, but the gem slot reduction is even worse.
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Worldie wrote:Passing from having 10+ gem slots per equipment, to having 1-2 gem slot randomly will hurt gem demands significantly.

My hope would be that they allow the crafting of epic rings and necks, and perhaps trinkets.

There's one other thing here that I just realized that no one has mentioned. This is going to nerf the viability of JC for a raiding spec, as you won't necessarily have the sockets to put the special gems in, and may give BS even more of a boost, unless they take the extra sockets away.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General