Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: "Warlords of Draenor"

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 am

Ha. Guess that means she won't be a hero too.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:35 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Ha. Guess that means she won't be a hero too.

that and they still dont have monk or dk heroes yet, so even if they add dark rangers as a class, doesnt mean they will be added as heroes in hearthstone

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:39 am

"Yet."

I just assume they're saving the other classes for an expansion set.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:08 am

It wouldnt make any sense to make a Expansion Set for a F2P game :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:19 am

I'm sure they'd find a way. Do a big patch release of new classes and also new ways to spend money.

They need to expand the game every now and then to keep players from collecting everything and no longer needing to buy packs.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 am

KysenMurrin wrote:You know, if they introduced "Dark Ranger" (rather than Demon Hunter) they could add Sylvanas to Hearthstone. ;)

Demon hunter or dark ranger, Hearthstone does mean that if they do add a new class to WoW, it will need to be added to Hearthstone as well. Which will likely slow down or stop new classes, but still gives the option for new races.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Paxen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 am

halabar wrote:Demon hunter or dark ranger, Hearthstone does mean that if they do add a new class to WoW, it will need to be added to Hearthstone as well. Which will likely slow down or stop new classes, but still gives the option for new races.

Adding a new hero to hearthstone should be orders of magnitude easier than introducing a new class to WoW...
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:54 am

They have no obligation to add all of them or do so immediately (they only have the 9 original classes right now, for example).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:23 am

KysenMurrin wrote:They have no obligation to add all of them or do so immediately (they only have the 9 original classes right now, for example).

which is what i was trying to get at :)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Sagara wrote:I have one, single wish for this x-pack.

A recurring vilain, someone that we got rid of a loooooong time ago for trucking with demons. Someone whose name still resonates everytime we see the Dark Portal:

Let Gul'dan come back, and *stay* alive like the backstabbing opportunist hiding in the woodworks he is.

Especially the *stay* alive part.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Belloc » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Worldie wrote:It wouldnt make any sense to make a Expansion Set for a F2P game :P

It would make perfect sense, actually. Just put it up on the store for $15 or 1000 gold (or something like that). That way you can either buy it or earn it.

Of course, it's way too early for them to be trademarking anything related to a Hearthstone expansion when the game isn't even due out until next year.
Belloc

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Someone edited the "warlordsofdraenor" domain.

Though it can tecnically be anyone, still more water to the boiler.

Give tomorrow plz
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:16 pm

MMO-Champion named an entire forum after "Warlords of Draenor". I think he must have had some confirmation beyond just the trademark at this point to make this move.

Can't wait for Blizzcon today!!!!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 am

It was pretty obvious for a couple of days now. The only alternative would have been another product, but Draenor is clearly WoW-related, Hearthstone is too early for an expac, and the movie would not cater to the common moviegoer with a name like that.

What's now left in the air is the storyline:
Is it an "new" part of Outland that was less damaged?
Are we going to broach themes left hanging after BC, namely the Arrakoa, Mok'Nathal, Etherals, surviving orcs and draenei?
Are we going to continue the story from BC and see more of the peeps we met in Shattrah, and possibly more of the Legion? What about Turalyon and Alleria?

Or are we going for a complete 180°? With Draenor being the former name of Outland, and the Bronze Dragonflight probably in complete dissaray with the evens of 4.3 and 5.4, is that time-travel story going to happen?
After all, there ARE Timewalker dungeons programmed in the game, and people had supposed that the "super-duper" feature GC had talked about for 5.4 had actually been dropped.
Make 2 and 2 fit togheter, what if 5.4 was supposed to be both SoO and WoD's foreshadowing via time-related weirdness on the fringes?

A daring scenario would ask: why not both? Who's to say that Draenor isn't suffering from wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff, sending us to explore a continent that popped up à la Timeless Isle, where we actually encounter elements of the current storyline and of one (or multiple!!) past stories.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 am

There's 100% going to be something about time travel. The whole Timeless Isle storyline and the ending about Stormwind devastated by some "black shaish stuff" that also reminds me of Infinite Dragonflight have been given a lot of importance in 5.4.
Also, Wrathion storyline clearly hints to the Legion (or some other major disaster incoming).

I can totally see something that has to do with both the Legion and the Timeways. Not necessarly linked to each other (see mogu vs sha storylines, or ulduar storyline in WotLK that had nothing to do with the Lich King).

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General