Remove Advertisements

Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Paxen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:54 am

KysenMurrin wrote:But I've never really seen it as an issue that when you level you *only* get the usual power increase and access to more content, and I'm not sure how sustainable the new system would be across multiple expacs. Not to mention it's a bunch of new factors for them to change and balance.

I'm thinking that going forward they're going to design for the current expansion being the focus for all content, including leveling. So when the next expac hits (in 2 years) they might remove the boosts you get from 90 to 100, and replace them with new boosts for the new levels.
Paxen

Postby Era » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:29 am

Worldie wrote:Random related thing

Love it. :lol:

Item level upgrader or transmogger seems most likely, although the use for transmog out in the field is rather debatable.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 am

More interesting thought: What if you could choose one of your garrison NPCs to ride on the vendor mount? Access to the profession benefits of one of them while out in the world.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:46 am

I still wonder how they're gonna handle attacks now that hit and exp are gone

Are we:
- never gonna miss
- have a base % of missing our attacks
-- and if so, are they gonna implement a system where we still generate HoPo even on miss or not?

HoPo feels rather binary vis a vis other tank resources...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 am

I think we'll just not miss anymore, similarly to how taunt never misses now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby oldboyz » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:23 am

Teranoid wrote:I've decided that I'm not even gonna worry about what they do with raids. As much as I love being a heroic raider I've already thrown in the towel due to RL and quite frankly the fact that I just don't care as much about raiding anymore.

Still gonna buy the expansion but I'm not fumbling my life for raiding anymore.

whatever new changes Bliz is planning or how our guild will have to be managed : i just dont care as usual since BC :mrgreen:

i've Raid Lead since Vanilla, had some stop, assumed a raid10 for the last 5 tiers - now i've moved to a 25hm raid as simple player = nice vacation time.
no idea how many mates will repop for 6.0 - i don't worry for the moment
oldboyz

Postby Era » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 am

Worldie wrote:I think we'll just not miss anymore, similarly to how taunt never misses now.

Probably/hopefully going for more active gameplay, where survival is based more on your ability to move and use the right abilities at the right time, rather than a passive % chance. I really didn't like combat in Guild Wars 2, it felt sluggish and kind of limited - but one thing they did right: Double-tapping any of the movement keys made you dodge roll quickly in that direction. So amazing for avoiding fire on the ground. I see Wildstar has incorporated this too, as well as double jump and charge running, which I think is both fantastic ideas and have a good place in any basic movement system.

That being said, the best thing about WoW's movement system (to me) is how accurate it feels. I can inch my way in any direction, and when I stop running, I stop running RIGHT there on the spot. Jumping too, feels very nice and tight.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:35 am

After having died on Malkorok heroic by being literally 1 inch too much to right, I sometimes hate the precision of WoW movement <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 am

Worldie wrote:I think we'll just not miss anymore, similarly to how taunt never misses now.

You'd think -- but we're talking about blizz, where they sometime miss the problems, even when presented with proof -- like haste, which was reported about early in the MoP beta, and GC's idea on why haste was so attractive was that it was just that we did not have enough dodge/parry in our gear. >.>
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:41 am

So, I got it right about how the alternate timeline works:

Right. Garrosh goes back to Draenor and starts messing with things to make his perfect Horde which creates an alternate timeline. From that alternate timeline they find a way to come through the Dark Portal to our present. A very real danger to our current Azeroth, but changes on the alternate timeline's past would not affect our present (except for the angry murder-orcs spilling out of the Dark Portal).

As Dave said it's not something you need to worry about, this isn't the time travel/paradox expansion; it's about exploring that setting, visiting those locations, meeting or facing these legendary names and figures from the past, and experiencing some extremely important settings of Warcraft's history in a bigger way than we've ever done before.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=3#58
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:27 am

Fair enough. I'll allow it.

Era

Postby Io.Draco » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:35 am

That being said, the best thing about WoW's movement system (to me) is how accurate it feels. I can inch my way in any direction, and when I stop running, I stop running RIGHT there on the spot. Jumping too, feels very nice and tight.

Quite true really and one of many reasons WoW is still the king of MMOs in terms of quality.
Io.Draco

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 am

A non players opinion, who combed the bits on MMO-C:

Heroic Raiding (mythic) being 20m only is really shitty.
Garrisons are interesting.
Do I understand it correctly, that with the expac, you GET a level 90 character? seems odd.
NO daily's at 100. Finally, they realized how sucktastic daily's really were.
Item Squish, while needed, is sort of /yawn.
New stat types on gear is... "eh? what?" Cleave?
New Models = Cool. Are they doing all the models? or just the two on MMO-c?
Garrosh Escapes? WTF.... That bitch should have died.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 am

All the races from Vanilla and TBC are getting updated. They said they might consider updating goblins and worgen if they have spare resources / time for it.
Garrosh was going to be killed by Thrall or Wrynn, but the Pandaren decided that since they got hurt the most, they would decide of his fate.

And, 20 men only, while it might seemb silly, is the right choice. They talked several times about how much of a nightmare it is to tun 2 different "hardcore" sizes, and how expecially 10 men is too damn setup dependant for several of the fights. Having a fixed size will allow them to properly tune fights without having to completely remove or rework mechanics all the time.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:33 am

On the one hand, Garrosh? Yeah, I agree w/ Shoju.

On the other, it speaks a lot about the pandarens' belief in calm and not letting violence be the answer. Probably from all those generations of dealing with the sha, but still.

Thrall was all for insta-kill, and Varian was portrayed as heading for the same way, until Taran spoke up.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General