Remove Advertisements

Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

I think what they are trying to do is make gear more random, more like the D3 model. A piece of gear might be Lwarforged" it might have a socket, it might give bonus sppeed or cleave. And with reforging gone, you do nned to think about if that piece with crit is good for you or not.

Hit and expertise are a legacy from the days of weapon skills. Good riddance. If you just need an addon to calculate the optimal level, it's not interesting or good for the game.

On the other hand, haste caps do seperate good players from great players, hopefully those stay.

Hopefully the gems and enchants will be more inteesting.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Also, played the starting zone demo, felt fine with the squish. If you didn't look at the numbers, you would not notice a difference.

A hunter in full 528 gear had 30k health.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Lieris » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:39 pm

Teranoid wrote:Speed
Lifesteal
Avoidance
Cleave
Sturdiness

Wat.

I actually really like this. Lets face it, gearing has become really boring, the numbers have gotten ridiculous and having to gem, enchant, reforge and valor upgrade everything each time is a very expensive and lengthy ritual. Having items with fun new stats and procs is the way to go instead of incremental upgrades each tier. This along with the item squish is the itemisation overhaul the game desperately needed.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:53 am

It does seem like there'd be some interesting, fun tricks you could pull with the new stats.

See "no Annual Pass", read: "Without the auction house we need people to actually pay for the Diablo expansion this time."
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenris » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:37 am

Enchanting is still around, but fewer items can be enchanted. There will be more enchant choices for those items.

:roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Amirya » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:12 am

Just caught up, and whoa.

Dodge, parry, and holy shield.

I may actually pick up my paladin as a tank this next expac, instead of a part time healer.

I guess my burning question for 4am is, do I keep going with my shaman as first 100 in WoD, or do I pick up the paladin again?

Hmmmm......
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:53 am

Amirya wrote:Just caught up, and whoa.

Dodge, parry, and holy shield.

I may actually pick up my paladin as a tank this next expac, instead of a part time healer.

I guess my burning question for 4am is, do I keep going with my shaman as first 100 in WoD, or do I pick up the paladin again?

Hmmmm......

http://justflipacoin.com/
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:52 am

They say they're going to try to get the expansion out faster this time, and that there won't be any more MoP content because it would delay the expac. So I wouldn't at all be surprised if there's another 10-12 months of Siege of Orgrimmar.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Ruldar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 am

Eh, at least that'll mean plenty of chances at the heirloom weapons off Garrosh.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:38 am

Guess I should maybe try to get back into raiding before the next expansion, just so I have a shot at some heirlooms... :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:52 am

Teranoid wrote:
"All future raids on normal/heroic difficulty will be cross realm enabled on release"

Hey that's prett-

"Each difficulty level will have it's own lockout!"

I'm surprised there's not more chatter about this. Also the inability to change difficulty on the fly. That means no more working on heroic(mythic) progression, then ratcheting down a difficulty to finish the clear for gear.

Which means if you do the first 4 bosses in Mythic, you have to go back and do all 10 in heroic to farm gear. This strikes me as being an absurd increase in raid time. For a 12-hr a week guild this makes my head hurt.

They did make an off-hand comment about "clear wing X times, get key to skip thing," so maybe killing a boss in Mythic will give you the option to skip it on Heroic.

We'll see how it shakes out, but I'd really like to see them explicitly address this.

Also flex *still* doesn't do anything for "casual heroic guilds," since we're still going to have roster and bench issues, except with 20 people it's a marginally larger logistical headache.

They made a big deal about being able to go in with your friends and help them out on another difficulty; I'm hoping this means raids will be more bosses and less trash; sub-10min boss fights with 15 minutes of trash between bosses seems unbalanced. To be fair the SoO trash seems really reasonable, compared to, say, ToT.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 am

fuzzygeek wrote:They made a big deal about being able to go in with your friends and help them out on another difficulty; I'm hoping this means raids will be more bosses and less trash; sub-10min boss fights with 15 minutes of trash between bosses seems unbalanced. To be fair the SoO trash seems really reasonable, compared to, say, ToT.

How did you feel about the Dragon Soul trash (or rather the almost complete lack thereof)?

As a raid leader it was nice to just get on with the boss-business, but I do kind of feel that trash packs have their place in raids.
Not only for the story and "feel" of the raid, but also as a good way to introduce/prepare for certain boss mechanics.

EDIT: Ignoring the Ultraxion trash, because damn. :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:00 am

It is a balance. No trash isn't very good either -- ToGC was, like, what "everyone" was asking for, but it turned the raid into srs business all the time every time. It's hard to say whether it was just being in a room, or the lack of trash that made that raid feel so soul-suckingly horrible.

Some trash is good -- it's nice to have a bit of downtime, and some of my fondest memories are things that happened while we were shitting around on vent during trash.

Trash that introduces fight mechanics: good. Small packs of challenging trash can also be fun -- bonus points if they become mini-bosses and actually award loot or valor or something other than "I've just sucked X minutes of your life away. Tell me, how do you feel?"

Calling a raid 30 minutes early because "we don't have time to clear the trash and kill the boss" is pretty stupid. 15 minute cut-off much more reasonable.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:12 am

fuzzygeek wrote:... some of my fondest memories are things that happened while we were shitting around on vent during trash.

That's very true! :lol:

The downtime aspect might be the best point about having some trash, other than the light introduction to mechanics.
At least for more serious raiders, trash and farm bosses is basically where people unwind and mess around.
Where it's ALMOST OKAY for your hunter to misdirect pull onto the healer, and for the Paladin tank to bubble-hearth. :roll:

fuzzygeek wrote:Small packs of challenging trash can also be fun -- bonus points if they become mini-bosses and actually award loot or valor or something

Yeah. Especially in a non-linear raid, because it allows for trash farming - which is actually a nice thing for the highly casual groups. I know my aunt (who runs a super-causal guild) really misses trash farm runs, like we had in BoT (despite it's linear layout) and to some degree Firelands. They were a nice way for sub-normal raid groups to get their hands on a few beneficial item upgrades, and if they can learn some boss mechanics along the way then that's superb!
Era

Postby Cema » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 am

I really like how they re-use Holy Shield every time they have no idea for a prot paladin talent xD "Let's give em Holy Shield back ... and get rid of it in 6 month ... and give it back in one year ..."

:D
Cema

PreviousNext

Return to General