Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:33 am

Having 5.1 on PTR less than a month after MOP was released was idiotic.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Dion » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

Kai wrote:the problem is this:

Blizzard has managed to spread four major expansions over those nine years. There have also been, as Street points out, smaller patches , but shifting to a yearly release schedule for expansions would be a considerable step up. It's a move that could change the way new and returning players view WoW, according to Street.

"We find that expansions are what bring players back to World of Warcraft," Street tells Digital Spy . "Really good patches will keep them, but they aren't as good at bringing players back to the game.

iif you google for something along the lines of wow+expansions+release you'll find lots of similar statements over the last years from different people in the blizzard management chain. cutting a raid tier is fair enough IF the expansions really come out faster. but this is just a joke. over a year of the same patch. designing another raid tier with 4-5 bosses can't be THAT much effort.

That effort comes from somewhere ast they don't have limitless resources so I'm happy if they use them on next expansion instead of this one. It's not completely true that it's same patch till release as there is that pre-Legion set-up patch. Yes, it could be pre-MoP patch with only Theramore or it could be more. Well see, lot of stuff probably will be announced in Blizzcon.

When there is not content, I tend to stop paying and stop playing as I treat WoW as a game instead of bloody serious hobby. I think it's just not worth putting bamboo under nails voluntarily and pay money to do that.
Dion

Postby Fenris » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Dion wrote:
Worldie wrote:Because releasing an expansion for a HUGE game like WoW that is not broken and has no gamebreaking bugs or fucked up balance is not such a easy task as people expect.

Many people are dissapointed because they had hopes up that expansion would come out fast. And some of the "bought 36 tokens, got all covered!"-people have started to think how many Annual Passes they have bought. I think Blizzard has heard feedback and is probably making sure that there is more content in Legion and this is why it also takes time to release the game. This is optimistic scenario, I admit.

Also the same scenario everyone hoped for Draenor (since they already started the "smaller x-pac,faster release" press right before it)

We know all too well how that ended
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:02 pm

The following Shipyard changes are still in testing.
Naval Missions

Rare naval missions should now appear more frequently.
Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is at or above 90%, no ships will be lost on the mission.
Naval blockade missions now have a shorter duration of 30 minutes (down from 4 hours), reduced Oil cost to 50 (down from 100), and increased the amount of time before a naval blockade returns to 7 days (up from 5 days).

Ships and Crews

Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Human Crew by 50%.
Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Pandaren Crew by 33% and the bonus will now apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours or longer).
Significantly increased the effectiveness and bonuses provided by Naval Equipment items by 100%.

So,now the shipyard wont be designed to be stupid.Better late than never
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Nooska » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:32 am

... Still in testing....

So we getr them in Legion prepatch... <.<
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenris » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Seems everything went live back at th start of december but they so mehow forgot to update the hotfix notes :lol:

Yay for using the billion tons of oil i've saved so far....

BTW,i told the story of my guild breaking itself apart way too much already in other threads so i'll skip it.Now i'm in a new guild where i've finally managed to pick up raiding enough to kill Archimonde a few weeks back and start to finally upgrade my gear...

I got the libram of vindication and 4p-t18 almost at the same time.

How can that stuff still be in the game i have no idea :lol: healing meters,i'm outhealing the other tank (a dk).Damage meters,i've gained more than 10k dps on average.All this while still being the lower ilvl in our raid.Kind of ridiculous :D
Fenris

Postby halabar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:49 am

Nooska wrote:... Still in testing....

So we getr them in Legion prepatch... <.<

Yeah, it's live.

The challenge now is getting enough dwarven crews so you can double up on the gold.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Previous

Return to General