Remove Advertisements

Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: "Warlords of Draenor"

Postby Newsom » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:53 pm

halabar wrote:Reading all the speculation and the leaks about time travel and whatnot... Not impressed at all, and contemplating retirement. If the whole thing winds up being Garrosh redemption in Outlands 2.0, I might really be done.

Same. I'll keep playing as long as the raiding is good but not excited about this at all. But let's see what happens at Blizzcon first.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Paxen » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:01 am

How about that rumour that the Siege of Orgrimmar was originally intended to be the first raid of the next expac? Assuming that's true, what kind of storyline would follow that?
Paxen

Postby halabar » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:33 am

Paxen wrote:How about that rumour that the Siege of Orgrimmar was originally intended to be the first raid of the next expac? Assuming that's true, what kind of storyline would follow that?

The obvious one would be that Anduin releases Garrosh for some reason, and Garrosh escapes back in time and we have to go kick his daddy's butt, all the while the Burning Legion are attacking...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Newsom » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Orgrimmar was merely a setback?
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Paxen » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Not as it ended up as - as the end of expac raid. But rather than what the next expac would have been like if Garrosh hadn't cracked just yet, and instead of SoO as we have it would have been the boss of the first raid of WoD.
Paxen

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 am

Okay. Why in the FLYING F*CK am I asleep when all the shit hits the fan only to wake up when all the interesting stuff is deleted? How am I supposed to be productive at work after that?

F*ck sleep.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Nooska » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:06 am

Sagara wrote:Okay. Why in the FLYING F*CK am I asleep when all the shit hits the fan only to wake up when all the interesting stuff is deleted? How am I supposed to be productive at work after that?

F*ck sleep.

que?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 am

There appears to have been a leak of some sort on the official forums, MMOC and other places.
Blizz released its MiB pronto, and well, cleaned up the place.

Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:12 am

If there had been someone would have managed to keep hold of it and repost, surely?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 am

If it's an hoax, it's a goddamn long and complex one, as it implies two people clearly collaborating to spread the story, at least one more to say "hey, where did this leak go?", not even mentionning how Scrolls of Lore has seen a near-complete shutdown on its expansion theory thread.

Further, there ARE a couple of versions to be found on MMOC (and possibly elsewhere), but at this point, it's hard to separate honest retellings of the leak from hoax, jokes and copycats. So it's not "it's no longer available", it's more "drowned in the static".

Sagara

Postby Passionario » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 am

This one?

No new class or races. All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers. I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape. 5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel. The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra. Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch. Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms. Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold. The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves. The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God. There's some new tiger race as well but no details. The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR. The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren. There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres.

Worldie wrote:Assuming this is true and just a VERY EVIL teaser from Blizzard few days before Blizzcon, and not a joke...

There's always the possibility that "Warlords of Draenor" will be the title of the WoW movie.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:12 am

Trademark registered in the US, and the beta profile image has been changed to show Thrall.

I'm more and more confident that it's a Burning Legion themed expansion.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 am

Passionario wrote:This one?

No new class or races. All of this is pre demon blood so no humans with the draenei being the main Alliance force. Garrosh goes back in time and stops his father from drinking the demons blood and Gul'dan is banished. He brings technology from the current time to reinforce the Horde. Ner'zhul uses this and rises to power once more to try and gain Garrosh's trust in the....Iron Horde. The Iron Horde forbids demon magic but it's pretty likely Gul'dan may end up summoning the Legion still even on his own. We get there via the Timewalkers. I dunno how exactly Garrosh gets to the past yet. But his escape is explained in a upcoming short story with the start being his trial. Garrosh says he regrets nothing while laughing crazily but Anduin still believes he can be redeemed. Baine wants to personally execute Garrosh and Jaina is still her raging self. Eventually it comes to that scene we see in that Timeless Isle quest with Anduin talking to Garrosh. I dunno the rest of the story yet but it's likely Anduin and Zaela help Garrosh escape. 5.5 was to be 2 scenario's showing Garrosh's escape but since they are short on time 5.5 was scrapped for the above story with maybe parts ending up in 6.0. It was also to tie into the Timeless Isle. The ORIGINAL story for the expansion was that Garrosh was banished to Outland but managed to get a artifact of Nozdormu. He used the artifact to summon the great heroes of the Horde and then 're makes' Draenor with the artifact pulling in new landmasses that just tears things up more. This was later scrapped for time travel. The Alliance start in Shadowmoon and their capital is Karabor which is similar to Terokkar now. Karabor looks like how it does in the TBC trailer with Akama but brighter. The Horde starting zone is a new zone west of Blade's Edge in the Frost Wolf Homelands where their capital is a captured Ogre stronghold city. The zone itself is a tundra. Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch. Hellfire is a jungle where Garrosh is constructing the Dark Portal so he can invade Azeroth and 'make things right'. Zangar is a sea full of giant mushrooms. Shattrath is taken over by the Iron Horde and is a raid along with Auchindoun being a dungeon/raid. The other raids are The Blackrock Clan Citadel and a Ogre Stronghold. The first dungeon is in the Horde starting zone and is a Ogre Dungeon Cave where we rescue slaves. The zone south of Terrokkar is the capital of the Arrakoa and is where their palace is located. It's like Terokkar but has a LOT more tree houses and flying Arrakoa. Maybe they end up doing something with their Old God. There's some new tiger race as well but no details. The Iron Horde has dominated the Gronn and uses them as giant siege mounts similar to the mammoths in LotR. The 'Warlords' are all the chieftains of the old Horde with Durotan being the only good guy. Some of the main heroes of the expansion are Velen (dunno if its Velen meeting himself or just past Velen), Maarad, Vol'jin, Thrall, Durotan, and some dwarf and tauren. There's a continent southwest of Draenor which is the homeland of the Ogres.

Worldie wrote:Assuming this is true and just a VERY EVIL teaser from Blizzard few days before Blizzcon, and not a joke...

There's always the possibility that "Warlords of Draenor" will be the title of the WoW movie.

That's one of them.

Sagara

Postby Paxen » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:34 am

Apart from where they immediately recycle MoP's endboss this seems promising.
Paxen

Postby Andurin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 am

I should buy more popcorn... If this is up here now, and we gotta wait till Friday, I`ll need a lot of popcorn ^^

Seriously tough, I love these theory's. It's great to see what people come up with ^^ Also found this one, just cant find the source in my browser history :(

Jaina and Anduin, with the aid of the bronze dragonflight, created a false future of old draenor, as it would have gone under the old horde. Garrosh escapes, and takes control of the future past horde, molding them into his personal army. Using a legion of enslaved ethereals, he forges cybernetic replacement parts for his new army, which are infused with the blood of bronze dragons so they'll survive even if the false future is destroyed. (they're making a short film for the intro). Turning most of the continent into a shattered wasteland, he and his forces travel around in airships (hence the name)

The alliance and horde must now tend to the timelines, sending their forces to aid the timewalkers. They are based in an island chain to the north of the central continent. Alliance will gain merfolk, a titan-planted race, as their new members, while the horde will get an alternative breed of murlocs native to outland.
Andurin

PreviousNext

Return to General