Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:56 pm

ouch, looks like incoming nerfs =/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby degre » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:28 am

Newsom wrote:They just moved a bunch of stuff from redundant passives to the actual spells to clean up the spellbook.

I was reading a few days ago that they have actually removed a bunch of passives that will not be moved anywhere else, just to clean up.

The idea is that if that ability doesn't offer you any choice, there is no point in cluttering the spellbook. On the other hand, they have confirmed that stuff that has vanished will be available to be gathered via datamining for use by theorycrafter.

Will have a look if I find the source.

EDIT:
Celestalon's Twitter
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/4 ... 6180478976

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon Aug 8
@RyuPlaneswalker The argument for hiding it is that it never matters to any decision you make.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:41 am

Yeah, but having those passive listed somewhere helps theorycrafting in verifying if X ability is properly effected by Y passive.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 am

Am I the only one who missed the latest change on setbonuses?
Datamined T17 items are:
(2) 50% block for 5 sec after casting Avengers shield.
(4) when you block you have a chance to get 50% block value (rppm)

2piece would be close to mandatory together with Holy shield, 90% chance to block 40% dmg, and with 4piece should (when it does procc) give you 60% block, on everything.
I already like holy shield atm on beta this is pretty insane.

Seraphim also seems pretty strong atm since they went from +% of your gearvalue, to static 1500 stats.

And Emp seals is still equally unattractive having to get three more keybinds.
Treck

Postby Newsom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:15 am

Treck wrote:And Emp seals is still equally unattractive having to get three more keybinds.

Get a /castsequence macro for your seals. Once you're used to it, it's actually not as tedious as you'd think.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby econ21 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:07 am

Newsom wrote:Get a /castsequence macro for your seals. Once you're used to it, it's actually not as tedious as you'd think.

Can you give an example of a castsequence macro and how it would work here? I've never used one before but it sounds intriguing.
econ21

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:44 am

/castsequence Judgement, Seal 1, Judgement, Seal 2, Judgement, Seal 3

That's it really :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Newsom » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 am

No need to use Truth if you're tanking unless you're wiping to some DPS check. I use this on beta:
/castsequence seal of righteousness, seal of insight

Then I just change seal every 3 judgements to keep both buffs up.

For ret, just swap Insight with Truth and do the same.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 am

I'll stick with Holy Shield.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm

I don't really see why a Prot would even think about not taking Holy Shield tbh in its current form.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:08 am

Worldie wrote:I don't really see why a Prot would even think about not taking Holy Shield tbh in its current form.

Because on a 30 second alternating tank swap, the 5 holy power for Seraphim is a lot less punishing to save up in the last few seconds before you taunt and the buff it gives you is fucking amazeballs.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 am

But they promised us a lot less of those. Of course, Blizzard promises a lot of stuff...
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:59 am

Fetzie wrote:
Worldie wrote:I don't really see why a Prot would even think about not taking Holy Shield tbh in its current form.

Because on a 30 second alternating tank swap, the 5 holy power for Seraphim is a lot less punishing to save up in the last few seconds before you taunt and the buff it gives you is fucking amazeballs.

I'd still take the extra block and spell block over any sort of dps increase you can propose me. Maybe I'm too oldschool and dont care for my dps but rather for my survivability.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:48 am

Someone explain the Empowered Seals talent to me. Do seals not have a GCD and I'm just forgetting? If they do and judgements do, I'm having a hard time imagining burning two or three extra GCDs every 20 seconds to refresh the seal buffs. Or are they simply powerful enough to be worth it?
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Thels » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:44 am

Afaik, they do still take up GCDs, but the buffs are supposed to make it worth it, if you use the seals in the correct fillers.

It does remind me a bit of the old days, where Judgment consumed your Seal.
ImageImage
Thels

PreviousNext

Return to General