Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Passionario » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:21 am

valura wrote:From Ingame Calendar
Wow’s 10 anniversary event starts on November 17th at 10:00AM
Wow’s 10 anniversary event ends on December 2nd at 10:00AM

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/4 ... 3761651712

"The dates are not correct. That is a recurring calendar event that was set up a while back. This year's will be different."
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby valura » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 am

Passionario wrote:
valura wrote:From Ingame Calendar
Wow’s 10 anniversary event starts on November 17th at 10:00AM
Wow’s 10 anniversary event ends on December 2nd at 10:00AM

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/4 ... 3761651712

"The dates are not correct. That is a recurring calendar event that was set up a while back. This year's will be different."

That's a relief. However I am surely not the only one noticing this (as the twitter post proves), and it wouldn't have been much trouble imho to remove it from the ingame calendar to avoid any confusion.

Furthermore, I do have to call utter and complete b***shit on behalf of the Dev that made that reply, seeing as the previous Anniversary events only lasted for 1 (one!) day (although the associated tabard lasted for 7 days), while this one is appearently intended to last at least 2 weeks, and it has been in the ingame calendar for ages (i think I noticed it around easter).

I'll stop throwing bricks now (glass houses and all), but I still think their communication could do with some upgrading... perhaps that would make for a very nice 10 year anniversary gift from Blizzard :P
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Nooska » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 pm

valura wrote:Furthermore, I do have to call utter and complete b***shit on behalf of the Dev that made that reply, seeing as the previous Anniversary events only lasted for 1 (one!) day

The last 2 (at least) anniversaries lasted for at least a week, I know cause I didn't grab some characters till the last day, and the tabard lasted only for the anniversary (it ran out faster on the later characters to grab it).
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:03 pm

They've always had an extended period for the anniversary, as far as I can recall. Always had plenty of time to log in and get the achievement and rewards; at least a week, I think more.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:53 pm

You know what? I give up on even trying to get to the beta. I've had people try to use their contacts to get me in because they know I can do the grunt work of whacking the same target again and again... and blizz just decides to give a bunch of keys to twitch streamers... I just give up.

The whole thing about fighting another orc as the final boss, even if the situation is different, just makes my eyes roll... the fact they have to explicitly say it's not gonna be SoO again makes me think it will actually be, sorta...

my interest in continuing playing probably at around 5%...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Did they really reveal who the final boss is gonna be in WoD? That kinda kills the excitement. Also, another orc final boss... yay...

Did I read correctly that it's Garrosh again er, Grommash?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:34 pm

yes
---
Klaudandus

Postby Quinny » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Klaudandus wrote:You know what? I give up on even trying to get to the beta. I've had people try to use their contacts to get me in because they know I can do the grunt work of whacking the same target again and again... and blizz just decides to give a bunch of keys to twitch streamers... I just give up.

You are not alone. Played since release. Every one a Collectors Ed inc Vanilla, played in 2 alpha and all beta and this time nada. By the time I get a token one now just cant be bothered.
Quinny

Postby Nooska » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 am

I've given up on the beta (but I've resubbed end of last week) - if I get a betakey tomorrow I'd go in and have a look around and how a level 90 feels with the squish, and thats probably about it - not enough time to devote to actually experiencing anything just to do it again when the exp hits.

Beta-smeta.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:10 pm

Every time I try to play in the beta I get various crashing failures so don't feel too bad about it. :/
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:37 pm

Well, all I used the beta for in the past was to whack the same dummy for hours at a time. One weekend I logged in more than 12 hrs at the same dummy.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Seeing on the notes today that Crusader Strike isn't a HP generator for Holy/Prot now?

Where is our HP generation from other than Judgement at this point? I can't beta to find out. :\
Lumenactio

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if that's just a oversight or datamining error: removing the HP gain from CS/HOTR would destroy Protection's mitigation.

edit: note that in the datamined tooltip there's also a random "Word of Glory" in the spec listing: makes me think there's just a error in the tooltip.

edit n2: That is also not coming from the actual spell: this is the actual HotR spell for example http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/53595-hamm ... -righteous and it includes Protection in the 1 HP gain.

I'm 100% convinced someone messed up the tooltips :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lumenactio » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:57 pm

That's a relief. I wasn't sure if they were trying some weird iteration where we got our HP from something else...

Or if it was a fubar tooltip.

Cheers.
Lumenactio

Postby Newsom » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:31 pm

They just moved a bunch of stuff from redundant passives to the actual spells to clean up the spellbook.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

PreviousNext

Return to General