Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:42 pm

well, we have neither right now. XD
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:43 am

That's cause content is built so that when you need snap threat it's usually max 3-4 targets that spawn close to each other.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Yelena » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:51 am

Klaudandus wrote:i know, seen that, done that. seems to be falling on deaf ears at the moment though.

As they stated numerous times in the Fury thread, the developers don't really feel keen on enlightening us to their design ideas until they drop them in our laps, regardless of how good (or batshit insane) they may be. While simply axing the meteor component would likely do a better job of making Holy Wrath suck less than the current Live version, their current design idea does not align with that simple solution.

That being said; if they're going to insist on this "higher damage/longer cooldown" model, improvement ideas which compliment the model may be received better than simply saying it sucks. No matter how one looks at it, a longer cooldown is going to introduce additional gaps; some way of resetting the cooldown alleviates that somewhat.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:37 am

The problem with the meteor is that it was put in place because of Retribution. Now that holy wrath is prot exclusive, it makes no sense for Holy Wrath to keep that archaic mechanic tacked onto it.

I feel less and less inclined to remain subscribed...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Seems like we go through this dance every xpac - the Devs create a priority that in practice leaves gaps, then the Paladin community bitches about the gaps and the Devs do some tweaks to fill the gaps.

I've toyed with a DK and it seems to me there are not only gaps, but ones such that if you press anything available you'll screw up your resource management for an entire cycle.

I like the regular rotation - it'll probably be the determining factor to my re-subscription for Draenor. I have absolutely no interest in having to juggle basic abilities while tanking.

For me, tanking is about using our extra abilities at the appropriate time. I think most of us here have some recollection about a time when our OT died and we had to do this and that in a precise way to manage our cooldowns sufficiently to make it through the fight by the skin of our teeth. I doubt anyone here has a particularly joyous recollection of having executed an intricate attack rotation so as to achieve the statistical maximum HP generation.

The fun of the game is to figure out how to defeat a boss when you have X resources and the boss appears to require X + N resources to defeat, so you have to find new and clever ways to balance your resources and those of your OT, healers, and even DPS to achieve the extra N resources, with just enough randomness to keep it interesting once you've worked out the resource management.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Koatanga wrote:Seems like we go through this dance every xpac - the Devs create a priority that in practice leaves gaps, then the Paladin community bitches about the gaps and the Devs do some tweaks to fill the gaps.

Problem is, we shouldn't have to do that every xpac. I'm just running out of patience and stamina... I could just see myself quitting and not coming back to WoW. I know a couple of people have tried to get me into beta to no avail, that would at least keep me going if only to get the data Theck needs, but with no beta, no real raid, no real guild and no real interest in WoD, the temptation to unsub looms larger and larger each day, everyone be damned.

If anything at least that would kick my butt into socializing and exercising more.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Kelerei » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:06 am

Arjuna wrote:Is it just me that's late to the party or did we loose our wings? :(

You're just late to the party. (: Avenging Wrath was listed as ret-only right from the first iteration of the patch notes (though I see Holy got it back at some point).
Kelerei

Postby Newsom » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Well appearantly the meteor effect is "iconic" now, so they don't want to change it. I don't think anyone likes that about it.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:50 pm

You know what was iconic? A two second cast that stunned all undead within 20 yards.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Yelena » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:20 am

Kelerei wrote:
Arjuna wrote:Is it just me that's late to the party or did we loose our wings? :(

You're just late to the party. (: Avenging Wrath was listed as ret-only right from the first iteration of the patch notes (though I see Holy got it back at some point).

The wings were also added to the Guardian of Ancient Kings animation, for Protection.

Personally I'd like to see a minor glyph that removes the "guardian" and just leaves the wings, I also wouldn't mind seeing a 4-wing option available, as that's limited to Retribution and Holy now. The pool of available minor glyphs shrunk for Protection, this would at least give another option.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 am

Seraphim should give ret and prot 6 wings... ~duhuhu~
---
Klaudandus

Postby Yelena » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

I actually like the Seraphim animation, though the crown is a bit over the top.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 am

I know it's the logical thing to do from their PoV and i expected it,but still.....They could have started the cinematic reveal with the CINEMATIC and keep the release date for the last second to keep people glued to the whole conference

The interviews are just making me wish they'll end talking soon this way
Last edited by Fenris on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 am

13 november...I dont even know what to say.......
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Amirya » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 am

Since I'm at work...

Is November 13 the official release date of Draenor?

(So I can put in for time off, if necessary, mostly.)

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General