Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 am

And.... they're taking away half the perks. Draenor perks are now every other level rather than 1 every level... booo...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:11 am

What difference does that make? The end result will always be the same. Apart from new spells, do people really give a damn about what they gain when they level, other than access to a new set of quests and instances?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:18 am

If I understood right several of other perks have been baselined.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruldar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:11 am

I'm really quite happy that the T16 4pc Ret bonus is now being listed as one of the WoD perks. From a fun perspective I'm pretty fond of that particular effect and was really going to miss it when new gear broke the bonus.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Yelena » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:57 pm

Worldie wrote:If I understood right several of other perks have been baselined.

Most of the flat damage increase perks were baselined (Consecration somehow missed that cut, likely because they haven't thought of anything else to give us), and some overpowered perks were outright removed.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Did they took our AS hitting 2 more targets? I remember people saying here we didn't need holy wrath to be fixed because AS was gonna be our hit-all burst ability.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Yelena » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Did they took our AS hitting 2 more targets? I remember people saying here we didn't need holy wrath to be fixed because AS was gonna be our hit-all burst ability.

Empowered Avenger's Shield is still in there.

Holy Wrath hits like a truck now, with the revamped Sanctified Wrath talent, especially when taking advantage of the Final Wrath glyph. Honestly I'd prefer to see some kind of reset proc to the cooldown of Holy Wrath, if it's viewed as such an iconic ability. Easy enough to tie it to CS/HotR, like Grand Crusader used to be. Just feels off with having a longer cooldown and not having some kind of reset (Avenger's Shield, Exorcism, etc.). That's my own opinion, of course.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena

Postby Fetzie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 pm

Hand of Sacrifice is no longer on the GCD. Sweet.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Arjuna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:43 am

Is it just me that's late to the party or did we loose our wings? :(
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:28 am

Yelena wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Did they took our AS hitting 2 more targets? I remember people saying here we didn't need holy wrath to be fixed because AS was gonna be our hit-all burst ability.

Holy Wrath hits like a truck now, with the revamped Sanctified Wrath talent, especially when taking advantage of the Final Wrath glyph. Honestly I'd prefer to see some kind of reset proc to the cooldown of Holy Wrath, if it's viewed as such an iconic ability. Easy enough to tie it to CS/HotR, like Grand Crusader used to be. Just feels off with having a longer cooldown and not having some kind of reset (Avenger's Shield, Exorcism, etc.). That's my own opinion, of course.

I do remember Theck mentioning on twitter that he would rather see Holy Wrath with its old cd and lower damage (without the meteor effect) than doing more damage and longer cd.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:51 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Yelena wrote:

I do remember Theck mentioning on twitter that he would rather see Holy Wrath with its old cd and lower damage (without the meteor effect) than doing more damage and longer cd.

He's not the only sending Celestalon tweets about how that'd be better :)
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:06 am

i know, seen that, done that. seems to be falling on deaf ears at the moment though.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:51 am

Do 'we' have a deadtime issue with it on the longer cd, or "just" an aoe issue?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:56 am

Nooska wrote:Do 'we' have a deadtime issue with it on the longer cd, or "just" an aoe issue?

I dunno, you have 10 seconds CD with 50% haste, and that isn't too bad, tbh.

The trouble is balancing it for its actual task. Holy Wrath exists to give us snap aggro on multiple targets. The trouble is how it becomes less and less effective the more targets it hits. You can keep buffing its damage (which is what Blizzard is doing), but then it'll become totally ridiculous for single-target fights (and it has).

Fetzie

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:04 am

Hold on, I thought our "snap aoe aggro" was 5 target AS, and that Holy Wrath is just "added oomphf"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General