Remove Advertisements

Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 am

Newsom wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Aren't both places (Ashran and Karabor) in the corners of the map?


They kind of are, yeah.

I'm probably going to build a mage tower and then set hearth in my Garrison. I believe there will be portals to each zone including Ashran in the mage tower.


The mage tower stage 2 or 3 has the city portals.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Fetzie wrote:
Newsom wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Aren't both places (Ashran and Karabor) in the corners of the map?


They kind of are, yeah.

I'm probably going to build a mage tower and then set hearth in my Garrison. I believe there will be portals to each zone including Ashran in the mage tower.


The mage tower stage 2 or 3 has the city portals.


No, they recently tweeted the city portals will be in Ashran. The mage tower will instead have portals to Draenor zones.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 pm

No, they recently tweeted the city portals will be in Ashran. The mage tower will instead have portals to Draenor zones.

Image
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11103
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Yelena » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:16 am

While I'm normally one who cares about the lore and flavor of the game, I also want to get from point A to B in a timely fashion. Given that, if the staging areas outside Ashran work as they advertise, I'm fine with it. Honestly, so long as I don't have to AFK auto-run while crossing the West Commonlands, on my way to the Karanas, I'll be happy. For the ocean of tears over Karabor... the place will still be accessible for visiting.

Ultimately it doesn't matter where they park us, so long as whatever solution Blizzard comes up with works and is efficient. At the end of the day, whatever staging area we get will be the same as every other expansion; a place where we AFK or duel outside (or in the sewers /nod@Dalaran).
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Kelerei » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 am

Newsom wrote:No, they recently tweeted the city portals will be in Ashran. The mage tower will instead have portals to Draenor zones.


In which case, one can still set up one's hearthstone in the garrison. It would just then be: get a mage tower, upgrade said mage tower sufficiently, port to Ashran, then port to the city of your choice.

Of course, this assumes that 1) there'll be an Ashran portal from the garrison (which seems a given, but it's still beta), and 2) the Ashran portal doesn't drop you in an inconvenient location in the zone.
Kelerei
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am
Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:02 am

Exactly.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:21 am

However, Seraphim does give you a really sweet-looking custom 2H hammer, or 1H hammer and shield.

Hmm, can't wait to see pics of this...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

http://wod.wowhead.com/building=39

Level 1 - Ashran
Level 2 - Talador
Level 3 - Nagrand and Gorgrond
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby melisandyr » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:34 pm

What do other people think about the Horde buildings?

I know they're somewhat evocative of the Warcraft 2 and 3 buildings, but I'm really struggling to get excited about them. I guess I was really hoping (as a blood elf) I could have some Forsaken architecture, not a set of cave-orc huts.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:51 am
Location: York, United Kingdom

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Newsom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Hand of Salvation (New) Places a Hand on the party or raid member, temporarily removing all their threat for 10 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time. Paladin - Protection Spec. 6% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 2 min cooldown.

Image
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Thels » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

So instead of wiping it completely, it's going to be prot-only.

I guess it's meant to make up for us only having a single taunt...
ImageImage
User avatar
Thels
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:30 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Yelena » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:02 am

Thels wrote:So instead of wiping it completely, it's going to be prot-only.

I guess it's meant to make up for us only having a single taunt...

If that's the intended purpose... I'd rather just have Righteous Defense back.

The only thing I use Hand of Salvation for these days is to flip Kovok around so he cleaves the melee.
Valleri - Frostwolf
Yelena
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:54 am
Location: Behind the Eight Ball

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:31 am

I still ended up occasionally using it on overzealous DPS at pulls, expecially large aoe packs. Not that they'd die anyway, large aoe packs are usually meant to be partially facetanked by some dps, but still I hate seeing red squares on my Grid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13370
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 am

Worldie wrote:I still ended up occasionally using it on overzealous DPS at pulls, expecially large aoe packs. Not that they'd die anyway, large aoe packs are usually meant to be partially facetanked by some dps, but still I hate seeing red squares on my Grid.


I use hand of protection on over-zealous melee dps :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2194
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 am

I occasionally pretend to be a nice guy and let the melee still dps when they overaggro :P

On a different note, I dislike running Clemency thus having HoS + HoP makes for 2 DPS saved rather than one.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13370
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?