Warlords of Draenor

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Warlords of Draenor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Item - Paladin T17 Protection 4P Bonus (New) When you block an attack, you have a chance to gain the Defender of the Light effect. Defender of the Light increases your shield block value by 50% for 8 sec. (Approximately procrppm procs per minute)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Taikishi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:46 am

Got my beta invite this morning. What do you theorycrafters need me to do to help your testing?
Taikishi

Postby Zalaria » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:31 am

Taikishi wrote:Got my beta invite this morning. What do you theorycrafters need me to do to help your testing?

Theckhd keeps a list of what he needs tested here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33707
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:59 am

If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:12 am

MMO-C wrote: Additionally, Bashiok has confirmed that Beta will start today on Twitter and mentioned that they are targeting veteran WoW players for invites instead of picking mostly at random.

Well this has to be true because this is the first time I've ever gotten a first wave beta invite. Usually I had to do add-on author shenanigans.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:10 am

I got an invite again despite being in alpha. My guess is that they just went through and flagged accounts that have been continuously active since, like, 2003. Figuring that if you're still here and paying, you're at least moderately serious.

Downside: I think logging is still broken in this build, which makes it difficult to properly test anything.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 am

They're not confirming how they're selecting "veteran" players, but they have confirmed you don't need a currently active WoW account.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:20 am

Yeah, I got a beta invite even though I've been in Alpha for the last two weeks. Maybe we got it because they changed the account flag from alpha to beta, Theck?
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:40 am

Managed to hit 91 before they disabled Draenor.

:D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:48 am

Fetzie wrote:Yeah, I got a beta invite even though I've been in Alpha for the last two weeks. Maybe we got it because they changed the account flag from alpha to beta, Theck?

I know some people who were in alpha that didn't get a beta e-mail. It's probably just an automated process that didn't check to see if you were already flagged before sending out the e-mail. *shrug*
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:02 pm

I feel trolled though :<

I did get the e-mail (real one) but my account is still not flagged for the Beta :\ Wanted to log tonight.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:08 pm

Worldie wrote:I feel trolled though :<

I did get the e-mail (real one) but my account is still not flagged for the Beta :\ Wanted to log tonight.

Maybe they didn't want THAT much of a stress test.. :-)

(and woot! I got in.. time for hunter pet exploration... )
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 pm

I can only imagine what happens if the <World Destroyer> logs during the beta stress test.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Random quote from Bashiok

To clarify: targeted first wave was at accounts that have been playing recently, with a long history of active subscription.

Ahah for once I feel like I've earned the beta :P (other times I just obtained it through friends or fansite collaboration)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Which server are you guys playing on? Anyone want to start, or do we already have a maintankadin channel/guild?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nooska » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 pm

That would also explain why I haven't gotten a beta invite for sure, since I've been unsubbed for some months. Gonna use the 7 day free pass that I got mailed before it expires though.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:17 pm

theckhd wrote:Downside: I think logging is still broken in this build, which makes it difficult to properly test anything.

yeah I bet these changes are responsible:

COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
SWING_DAMAGE/SPELL_DAMAGE/SPELL_PERIODIC_DAMAGE gain new parameters after crushing (isOffHand, multistrike)
SPELL_HEAL/SPELL_PERIODIC_HEAL gains new parameter after critical (multistrike)

Honestly the varargs in the event system are like... one of the most poorly thought out choices they've made in the API, especially for COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
Sabindeus

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Newsom wrote:Managed to hit 91 before they disabled Draenor.

:D

I got that perk at level 91 and at level 92. Shame it doesn't count twice (7 strike AS would be nice :( )
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:20 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Which server are you guys playing on? Anyone want to start, or do we already have a maintankadin channel/guild?

Lost Isles / Mekatorque
Lost Isles is the PvE normal test server with level 90 premades in item level 500 gear.
Mekkatorque is the level 100 premade server for dungeons, mechanics testing and PvP.

Fetzie#2779 if you want to add me.

Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Fetzie wrote:I got that perk at level 91 and at level 92. Shame it doesn't count twice (7 strike AS would be nice :( )

Same! On my 2nd paladin however I got +100% consecration damage instead at 91.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Treck » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:06 am

2x Emp AVS was a bug pre SMV alpha, it always rolled emp AVS, but the 2nd time i think you always got emp judgement.
The first 2 was not random the first time around, altho after the char wipe, it seems like its truly random now, so kinda sucks not getting AVS the first 2 levels cause you cant level higher :P
My pally got improved divprot, so not bad, but pallys are really easy to survive with compared to most other tanks.

My main concern is tanks questing, its way to overpowered doing about the same damage as the dpsers, but then taking absolutely no damage in comparison.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:47 am

Treck wrote:2x Emp AVS was a bug pre SMV alpha, it always rolled emp AVS, but the 2nd time i think you always got emp judgement.
The first 2 was not random the first time around, altho after the char wipe, it seems like its truly random now, so kinda sucks not getting AVS the first 2 levels cause you cant level higher :P
My pally got improved divprot, so not bad, but pallys are really easy to survive with compared to most other tanks.

My main concern is tanks questing, its way to overpowered doing about the same damage as the dpsers, but then taking absolutely no damage in comparison.

The same damage might be because you got uber gear compared to the plebs =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:47 am

Klaudandus wrote:The same damage might be because you got uber gear compared to the plebs =P

Not really. EU players are stuck with premades, which all start with item level 500 greens and nobody had copied characters in Alpha. Levelling as prot was so much easier and didn't feel slow, while I felt really fragile as retribution in the same gear.

Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:37 am

Fetzie wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The same damage might be because you got uber gear compared to the plebs =P

Not really. EU players are stuck with premades, which all start with item level 500 greens and nobody had copied characters in Alpha. Levelling as prot was so much easier and didn't feel slow, while I felt really fragile as retribution in the same gear.

Well, I am sure that aint gonna last, that is, having the same DPS output as a proper dps.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 am

Quite sure they mentioned that Tanks will end up with "70%ish of the dps of a real dps". On random quest trash, that's not gonna be noticeable.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General