Installed Mists a week ago, need some guidance.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Installed Mists a week ago, need some guidance.

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:58 am

Just wanted to update and say "thanks!" again for all the tips.

Since I last posted, I've gotten almost a full set of 496+ gear on my paladin, including the Burden of Eternity (which I got by riding the albatross and then ghost-jumping to it, using the AOE disorient to give me time to open it.

I've done every MoP raid up through the first SoO LFR. I had to do every single one to get the required achievements for each subsequent raid. This led to me getting most of the seal thingys I needed for the legendary quest, though I'm still far short on rep and not sure if I feel like grinding it. I did the first SoO while valor-capped, but it was worth it since I won two of the epic 522 swords from the Sha of Pride (I won it on the regular role, then again when I used a war-forged seal. :lol: )

I'll probably wait till Tuesday to do more so I can get more seals and actually continue to accrue VP. In the mean time, I'm probably going to work on Loremaster of Pandaria (since I have it for every other expo, and I only have two more zones to clear) or level my warrior/hunter/rogue to actually use all those tokens I got from the Isle.
Brute

Postby Ruldar » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 am

Awesome!

Regarding faction for the Legendary chain, I highly recommend this location. Killing there gives faction through the end of honored and has a constant stream of easy to kill horde soldiers. I went there a couple weeks ago on my Mage to see how long it would take to grind through honored, and was pleasantly surprised when around 30 minutes of killing got me the 11k faction I was missing.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:33 am

It's probably too late for you, but one thing I wish I'd done on my Timeless geared alts was use the Burden of Eternity on a helm. You need 502+ to fit the legendary meta-gem, so 496 won't do but 535 will. You'll probably get a helm from LFR, but why take the chance?
econ21

Postby Brute » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:52 pm

econ21 wrote:It's probably too late for you, but one thing I wish I'd done on my Timeless geared alts was use the Burden of Eternity on a helm. You need 502+ to fit the legendary meta-gem, so 496 won't do but 535 will. You'll probably get a helm from LFR, but why take the chance?

Actually, Lythac (up above) suggested I do this, and I did. Then I upgraded it twice. :D
Brute

Postby Kelerei » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

Ruldar wrote:Awesome!

Regarding faction for the Legendary chain, I highly recommend this location. Killing there gives faction through the end of honored and has a constant stream of easy to kill horde soldiers. I went there a couple weeks ago on my Mage to see how long it would take to grind through honored, and was pleasantly surprised when around 30 minutes of killing got me the 11k faction I was missing.

If you're going for exalted (which, if you're going for the meta gem and beyond, you'll have to do), this place on the Isle of Thunder is even better. Endlessly spawning mogu, and some Shado-Pan to help you out. ;)
Kelerei

Postby Ruldar » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 am

Kelerei wrote:If you're going for exalted (which, if you're going for the meta gem and beyond, you'll have to do), this place on the Isle of Thunder is even better. Endlessly spawning mogu, and some Shado-Pan to help you out. ;)

Ooo, good suggestion. I'll keep that in mind for when my Mage needs to work through revered.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General