Coming Back to WoW?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Coming Back to WoW?

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:40 am

Just be aware that the game has changed a lot since Cataclysm, and the gameplay might be different from what you were used to :)

Well that and leveling dungeons have been dumbed down extremely up to WoD :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:53 am

My gear includes big boy pants, not those damned skirts. LFG Heroics isn't quite the cesspool that it was in Wrath/Cata. Apparently, thoe proving ground is working somewhat as intended... because LFG non-heroic is a cesspool.

And I don't miss talent trees in the least. I do miss the 'everything' talents from TSW. No classes (!). 9 weapons. Pick 14 talents from array of ones you've learned.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:02 am

I'm on a break until the pay-with-gold comes live, but last time I checked a month ago or so, Heroics were still often wipefeasts. PG silver is extremely easy to achieve (even easier as DPS) so it doesn't really "gate" anything.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Njall » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:13 am

Huh. I've had really good experiences on the whole in the last month. People have geared up through LFR and they are usually there because they want to be... or are paying me. Even the runs for my DPS have been pretty smooth and scary fast. I think it's a gearing issue now that BRF is on LFR now too.

Heck, poor Njall is the undergeared one.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:48 am

Dnow, back a month ago I was still having DPS not passing 8k DPS while having a 636 weapon :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 am

Njall wrote:And I don't miss talent trees in the least. I do miss the 'everything' talents from TSW. No classes (!). 9 weapons. Pick 14 talents from array of ones you've learned.

TSW has a nice system... but they keep adding in things and I'm not active enough to keep up with it all. I do like that it's free (and I bought the Grandmaster Pack before it went F2P, so I get the bonus points every month to pick up new issues.)

As for your guild issues... see if you can join a cross server guild. Or do raids with realID friends. That might allow you to expand beyond LFR anyway.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:24 am

This is true. Old college buddy has a guild over on Liam. And I admit, Fenris is still the underachiving pool of hatred it always was. Seems everyone who was really intersted in progression left for other servers. That said, I need a bigger ignore list due to the cross-server trade and general chat.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 am

Alternately... turn off trade/general? Turn them on only when actively using?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 am

I have had Trade amd General off since over a year, such peace

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Njall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:33 am

but...but... who would by my motorcycles then?

I suppose I could but that would make the game even more isolated as I am currently guildless and pondering moving to a new server. Or something.

Njall

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:59 am

Worldie wrote:I have had Trade amd General off since over a year, such peace

I put all public channels in a separate tab so I don't have to read the banality.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Njall » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm

Fetzie wrote:
Worldie wrote:I have had Trade amd General off since over a year, such peace

I put all public channels in a separate tab so I don't have to read the banality.

I may do that. That said, I need to make the game into an MMO rather than an RPG.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:11 am

Resubbed and bought WoD. Looks pretty OK so far.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 am

WoD is amazing for the time it takes you to "cap". It's the replayability that it really lacks.

They even admitted in the conference that "they fucked up dungeons badly".

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Worldie wrote:WoD is amazing for the time it takes you to "cap". It's the replayability that it really lacks.

They even admitted in the conference that "they fucked up dungeons badly".

Seems like a relatively easy fix to make them relevant again though. Just add whatever item people need to the end dungeon reward. Apexis, reputation, whatever. Honour, maybe even? We kind of had that before, when we could farm justice and then trade it for honour at a cost.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Previous

Return to General