2%
Flex + LFR
19%
N/H + flex + LFR
16%

Total votes : 43

Re: What will you run?

Postby Jabari » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 am

halabar wrote:Having now run SoO LFR2, with a guild group.. omg. No way going to do that for alts with pug groups.

Heh, I actually got through the first two fights last night with only one wipe each. Only "coordination" was a few of us for the tower group on Galakras.

Dark Shaman on the other hand... We wiped like 3 times on the trash (and lots of other random deaths too). Booted one tank (completely ungemmed/un-enchanted), and the tank that replaced him was ... interesting. He first asked for a third tank - evidently thought that you could "cheese" the encounter by keeping two tanks and a healer inside the war-room with Haroom, and have everyone else with Kardis outside.

(No idea if this works or not - first I'd heard of it.)

Someone then ninja-pulled the boss, and we had our usual wipe. Were doing ok actually until the Huge Red Circle of Doom ate like 6 people at once. Then the new crazy tank just left, and it was really late so the 4 of us in our guild left too.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:17 am

econ21 wrote:Take heroic scenarios - why can't there be a queuing tool for them?

Pretty sure part of the reason is they don't want every group activity in the game built around a random queue button in the UI.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:18 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:Having now run SoO LFR2, with a guild group.. omg. No way going to do that for alts with pug groups.

Heh, I actually got through the first two fights last night with only one wipe each. Only "coordination" was a few of us for the tower group on Galakras.

Dark Shaman on the other hand... We wiped like 3 times on the trash (and lots of other random deaths too). Booted one tank (completely ungemmed/un-enchanted), and the tank that replaced him was ... interesting. He first asked for a third tank - evidently thought that you could "cheese" the encounter by keeping two tanks and a healer inside the war-room with Haroom, and have everyone else with Kardis outside.

(No idea if this works or not - first I'd heard of it.)

Someone then ninja-pulled the boss, and we had our usual wipe. Were doing ok actually until the Huge Red Circle of Doom ate like 6 people at once. Then the new crazy tank just left, and it was really late so the 4 of us in our guild left too.

A somewhat simpler strat with 3 tanks is 2 tanks and melee up the hill with one shaman, and ranged down below with the other one that does all the ranged crap. Getting an LFR group to listen to that might be a challenge...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby econ21 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 am

What's SoO2 like on Flex? It seemed so scarey on LFR (tanking Dark Shamans in particular), I was not brave enough to try it on Flex last week.
econ21

Postby Winkle » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:47 am

I can only think Flex is easier by the simple nature that if you form an organised group as lteast you know everyone's at least attempting to do the same thing.
Winkle

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:11 pm

For those of you running Flex how much does your group size fluctuate during a single raid? We've gone from starting with 12, going up to 16 and ending at 15.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:41 pm

We've actually gone the past 2 weeks with a full 25 but we generally don't have anyone leave or let anyone join after we queue since it's a joint raid between various guilds.
Teranoid

Postby Ruldar » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

I run entirely pick-up Flex, and I generally I see them shrink if they change size at all.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General