So uh, SoO flex group anyone? (Alliance EU)

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: So uh, SoO flex group anyone? (Alliance EU)

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:34 am

Pretty sure the item level scaling for Flex testing was 496 early wings and 510 later wings.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:40 am

Flex wrote:Pretty sure the item level scaling for Flex testing was 496 early wings and 510 later wings.

From the other thread:
Winkle wrote:In other news:

The feedback from Flex PTR testing has made for interesting reading.

Testing was conducted at an ilvl of 522.
Testers reported that the raids were more difficult than they were expecting, some groups failed to even clear trash.
Watcher commented that he believed the test ilvl was to low and the fights would be more likely balanced for 530 ilvl.
They did test the 3rd of 4 parts of the raid mind you, so perhaps its reasonable to assume a 530 ilvl by the time that segment releases.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:11 am

And how exactly do they assume people can get 530 ilvl if Flex is tuned for people who can't even clear normal tot.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am

Worldie wrote:And how exactly do they assume people can get 530 ilvl if Flex is tuned for people who can't even clear normal tot.

It is hard not to get a high item level via ToT LFR since rep items are 522 and double upgrades to 530. So you're left with 1 trinket, 1 ring and weapons as 502/510.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Jabari » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:23 am

Worldie wrote:And how exactly do they assume people can get 530 ilvl if Flex is tuned for people who can't even clear normal tot.

530 for the last half, so I'd imagine somewhere between 515 to 520 for the first half is about right.

That's really easy to get to if you actually play the character - Nalak/OON, VP stuff, H-Scenarios, crafted helm/boots, and the upgrade vendor get you there. Not to mention whatever comes from the new area.

My warrior is at 525-ish for both specs, and has gotten a total of like 3 items from normal ToT. *shrug*

It sounds like it's meant to be "progressed through", not "cleared first week", so you're getting stuff from that at well over time.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Newsom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:00 am

You're forgetting that the target audience are friend & family guilds who aren't the best players. LFR gear with a few 522 items and some valor upgrades (510ish overall) sounds about right. And then a few people can stand in fire without wiping the raid.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:38 am

Yeah. The target audience is probably going to have something like 510 at the start. 502 LFR gear with valor upgrades, with perhaps some 522 gear mixed in (SPA, World Bosses, Craftables, perhaps a Jin'Rokh normal item).

So the earlier wings are probably providing a decent, overcome-able challenge for the more casual player in 510 gear. In 510 gear, it won't be a walk through the park, but neither should it be impossible for them. It can probably be done in lower level gear, but it would require more skill than the target audience.

As the patch continues, and more wings open up, players will have looted some 540 gear from Flex, perhaps some 528 gear from LFR in addition, or some 535 Timeless gear. They might get lucky on the world bosses and get some 553 gear there, or perhaps have crafted themselves some gear. They can also upgrade some of those items with Valor. I can certainly see the later wings being tuned more towards 540. That might be too high of an item level for the people that cleared every Flex wing on the week it was released, and thus arrive there in like week 4, but they're ahead of schedule, so it should be fine for things to be a little harder than intended.

Of course, that's all speculation. Either way, since we're players that are reading forums, checking into stuff and should know our classes, I think it should be doable with a 500 average itemlevel. Since we're also having some people in the 530s (or higher?), we can probably carry some weaker geared players. Time will tell, though.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Newsom » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:58 am

Yep, that's what I'd expect as well.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Nooska » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 am

Winkle wrote:I've committed my main to a guild run and i simply don't have any alts beyond even 500ilvl. I may join this in the future but getting upto 520ivl for flex is an ask unless you have an organized alt run.

Setting the bar high right now ;)
Nooska has 492 ilvl (currently working on getting it up ofc)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:22 am

As stated above, we'll likely have a few of us with over 530 ilvi (or 550 in my case), so we'll surely be able to drag some lower lvls as long as they actually play well :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:58 am

Flex not fully opening before 15 october... I'm sad.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby MetalM » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:04 am

I can fill in most roles but I'd like a chance to play my enhance shaman Shalamanezer in something less snoozeworthy than LFR. My gear isn't particularly impressive but I'm not a complete spastic :< (or so I claim...). Also ignore the gear if it's resto, I just use that for q-boosting lfr.

Almost forgot to add, my hashtag is Starhammer#2566 if anyone wants to drop me a line :o
MetalM

Postby Thels » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 am

6 people overall. That's not very much at all... :(

Guess this is off the table?
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Paxen » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:44 am

Thels wrote:6 people overall. That's not very much at all... :(

Come join the dark si.., err, Horde this friday!
Paxen

Postby Lieris » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:21 am

Thels wrote:6 people overall. That's not very much at all... :(

Let's postpone it a week. If we can't get a core of 8-10 people I don't think this will work. :(
Lieris
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General