Remove Advertisements

WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:12 am

WTB undead paladin. Would there be any more zealous?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 am

Goblins and Gnomes are sort of irrelevant for me, I just can't enjoy playing them. I made several attempts in my time, but I always either delete or race change them. :(

As for lore, to me a Goblin paladin would feel way worse than a Forsaken paladin. Orcs/Trolls as paladins have reached a stalemate in my brainparts - between not being appropriate lore-wise, but being awesome character-wise. I wants me a Troll paladin. :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:31 am

i can see possibly a troll/orc paladin, but they would have to be fricken rare and i would say NPC only. the average troll and orc just dont have the mind set for a paladin

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 am

I'd like some more insight into the differences of the Light that priests access, and the Light that paladins access - seeing as all races (I think?) can be priests.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby cdan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I want them to take Goblins and Gnomes out of the game. That would be a v6.0 change I would really go for.

I would also really, really like it if some humans defected to the Horde because they can't abide the nelfs and their arrogant prissiness. I really miss being a human (in game - out of game I don't), but I can't take dwarves, gnomes and nelfs.

There. I feel all better now I've had a mini-rage. :)
cdan

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Era wrote:I'd like some more insight into the differences of the Light that priests access, and the Light that paladins access - seeing as all races (I think?) can be priests.

it depends on the race, and not all races can be priests btw *cough*orcs*cough*. for example, tauren priests and paladins worship the sun and get their power from the sun, the nelf priests worship the moon, Elune, trolls worship the Loa (same as troll druids), and i believe everyone else is just the light

gnomes learned priesting from humans, dwarves, and draenei, goblins i dont know where they got it from, but i am sure they had some worship all along (it is one of those basic needs of humanoids - there will always be hot head warriors, and there will always those that worship)

the way i look at it is that to be a priest - you just worship and do it enough you can be a priest
to be a paladin, you have to give your life to the light and let it infuse with you.

remember that the original order of the silver hand paladins were clerics from northshire abbey, and thus were priests that felt the call to give more to the light and go into combat.

edit: note this is based just off the lore i remember off the top of my head and personal theories

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Thels » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:15 am

The Light is actually specific to Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes and High Elves. Might include Worgen now that I think of it, since they're basically Humans, but cursed. Haven't played a Worgen yet, so not sure if anything in their starting area tells anything about it. Night Elves get it from Elune, the Moon goddess. Draenei used the Naaru as their source IIRC, and Pandaren probably use the celestials.

On the horde side, Tauren use the Sun god (which is related to Elune) and Trolls use the Loa. Blood Elves used captured and corrupted Naaru for their Paladin powers, right? Can't recall if they also used it for Priests.

Not exactly sure what source Forsaken use. I kinda doubt it's the light, even though they're former humans and high elves. And goblins probably made a deal with some Elder God for their powers.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Era » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:02 am

Forsaken and the Light is really interesting, although there doesn't seem to be a lot of canon lore on it.

I particularly love the bit you get from the priest trainer in Deathknell, the forsaken starter area. I think bldavis mentioned this somewhere as well; the undead wielding the light starts regaining some of their senses - like taste and smell, and thus taste/smell their own rotting flesh. Grisly, yet wonderful, wouldn't you agree? ^^

Still, can't find any lore on how they're able to wield the light, just fan speculation. I'm fairly torn between what I'd love the most, a forsaken, orc or troll paladin!
I'll be severely brought down if we end up with goblin and/or panda paladins though. :(
Era

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:34 am

Ethereal paladins with a blink racial.

Don't pretend you wouldn't want that.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:42 am

Blink is such a wonderful spell. I'd blink ALL the things, man.
Era

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Ethereal paladins with a blink racial.

Don't pretend you wouldn't want that.

if we get etherals..oh hell yes!

one of my theories was that we would return to argus, but after befriending a faction of the ethereals which would be a neutral race like the pandaren, and they would provide us with the means to get there

since you brought it up...any ideas what classes ethereals could be?

i say:
warrior (always hot heads in every race)
paladin (im sure they have dealt with the naruu at some point)
priest (see paladin plus there are ethereal priests in game already)
warlock (similar reasoning as goblins, making deals with demons, but they also have been around the legion a lot more then most of the other races)
hunter (bound to be some traders specializing in wild goods right?)
monk (not the same as panderan monks except in gameplay)
mage (pretty sure there are ethereal mages in game already)
rogue (again like goblins, i am sure there are some sneaky underhanded one)

that just leaves out shaman, druid, and dk
no contact to azeroth besides adventurers in outland prior to cata so no way to be a dk
shamans are tied to the elements, and i dont think there are elements in the twisting nether
and druids? well it would be a stretch to get them somehow tied to druidism period...but they did it with worgen druids

bldavis

Postby Amirya » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:18 am

I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

I also would dispute paladins and priests because I've always pictured it as tied to faith, and just because they've dealt with naaru doesn't mean they have the faith. Can't do much about npc priests, though.

So I guess that leaves warlocks and mages lol
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 am

oops wrong thread
Last edited by bldavis on Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bldavis

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:23 am

Amirya wrote:I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

I also would dispute paladins and priests because I've always pictured it as tied to faith, and just because they've dealt with naaru doesn't mean they have the faith. Can't do much about npc priests, though.

belfs are one of the most elegent and refined races on azeroth arguably, but they have all of them...
plus he is a nexus prince..that title leads me to believe he is a higher class of ethereal. player ethereals would be more common ones, like the trade princes and player goblins, so in a way they WOULD be the underlings

what is your issue with monks though?
and priests and paladins, i am sure there are a few devoted ones that have faith...even if in lore they are rare

bldavis

Postby halabar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:26 pm

bldavis wrote:
Amirya wrote:I would dispute the warriors, hunters, monks, and rogues - granted, it's based almost entirely off of Nexus-Prince Shaffar, but his voice and mannerisms speak to me as more elegant and refined, and more aloof. They may deal in wild goods, or be sneaky and underhanded, but I don't see them doing it directly. Utilize underlings for that, let those nasty Azerothian races get their hands dirty.

belfs are one of the most elegent and refined races on azeroth arguably, but they have all of them...
plus he is a nexus prince..that title leads me to believe he is a higher class of ethereal. player ethereals would be more common ones, like the trade princes and player goblins, so in a way they WOULD be the underlings

what is your issue with monks though?
and priests and paladins, i am sure there are a few devoted ones that have faith...even if in lore they are rare

Ethereals are refined goblins. I think you are forgetting their dealings in Outlands. They believe in gold the way goblins do.

So paladins? no way. Perhaps priests, but that's a stretch. No to monks as well, as I can't see them doing the Zen.

However, they would certainly get their hands dirty if there was profit in it, so no problems with the other damage dealing classes.

Basically whatever a goblin can be.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General