Newsom

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Lieris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Dragon Soul was merely a setback.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Newsom wrote:Deathwing is not coming back. Stahp it.

i dont want him back, i am merely thinking of ways for his corruption to aid Azshara

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Pretty sure she doesn't need any help there. Even if she'd been ambivalent before, we went and killed her personal handmaiden and Illidan envoy, and then we went back in time to kick her around too. I'm sure she'll remember us.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

We are talking about the Night Elf who thought Sargeras wanted to marry her here.
Darielle

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:14 pm

well she wasnt a night elf at the time, she was a highborne...they werent nelfs until after the sundering :P

but you do have a point (though it was the other way around, she wanted to marry him)

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Darielle » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 pm

bldavis wrote:well she wasnt a night elf at the time, she was a highborne...they werent nelfs until after the sundering :P

but you do have a point (though it was the other way around, she wanted to marry him)

Kaldorei were Kaldorei even before the Sundering. The Priesthood, Elune, all of the things were there. The Highborne were just a group of the Night Elves.
And no, she didn't just want to marry him, she was deeply convinced that he would marry her - because she was so in love with herself that it was natural that everyone else loved her. Mannoroth was laughing a bit privately about that.
Darielle

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:43 am

Hello thread!

I sure wouldn't mind a Dark Below undersea expansion. Obviously it couldn't all be under water, considering the negative reaction Vashj'ir got - but I, for one, loved that zone! Combat was kind of frustrating, but I loved the ambience of the zone. I did Hyjal for completionist purposes, but every other alt went through Vashj, and if I ever return to this game, I suspect every future alt will as well! Vashj'ir and Zangarmarsh were my favourite zones, in terms of aesthetics and ambience.

As for new classes, I don't want any more. I don't mind new races, because that's mostly just aesthetic choices, but more classes means more balancing - and the more classes you have to balance, the harder it is to make them all feel unique. I was more than happy with the amount of classes from Classic, and after allowing Paladins/Shamans on both sides it was all good. Death Knights were a little awkward at first, but eased in over time - then Arthas went down and things got a little awkward again. I quit before MoP so I don't know anything about monks, but I'm sure that'll work out too.

My point, anyway (from somewhere in there), is that the more classes you add, the higher the danger of homogenization and balance issues. I'd rather just have more races and more professions. I think it's time for a new profession. Mason, anyone? Our cities keep getting ruined, don't they. How about dog walker? I'm sure all those stabled hunter pets could use the exercise.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 am

Sorry about the double post, but I went back reading the rest of this thread and Newsom's post and links (below) got me all excited! I would love that idea. :D

Newsom wrote:I really hope it's an Old God expansion, being a huge Lovecraft fan and all.

N'zoth could very much be a possibility. He is said to be sleeping in the sunken city of Ny'alotha (obviously R'lyeh) which also has connection to the Emerald Dream/Nightmare. Possible location?

There's also the theory that Azeroth itself is named after/encased by an old god (see Azathoth) which is why Azeroth is so important to the titans. (Edit: found the article! It's a good read.)

Yogg-Saron wrote:"At the bottom of the ocean even light must die..."

"In the sunken city, he lays dreaming..."

"The drowned god's heart is black ice..."
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Darielle » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:23 am

The drowned god's heart is black ice

SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO MALYGOS.

Dun dun dunnnn
Darielle

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:30 am

Darielle wrote:
The drowned god's heart is black ice

SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO MALYGOS.

Dun dun dunnnn

:O
Era

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 am

Well, it's quite likely that one way or another we'll be going to go fight fish-lips herself, and add in an old god for good measure, since, well, every main story has their influence now.

Races? I think we'll just get the updated character models.

Professions? Likely nothing new, just the MoP style BS speedup applied to the rest.

I do wonder what new things they'll do to hold our attention?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Era » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:49 am

Updated character models is gold worth, imo.

Think we'll see any new race/class combinations? My inner lore geek is fighting a battle with my lust for more Horde paladin races.
Era

Postby bldavis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 am

the only one i could actually stomach being paladin is undead..because they are mostly raised humans (the original paladin race) and there is precedent in sir zelek

orcs and trolls wouldnt have the discipline, and typically dont serve the light in any form (troll priests get their power from the loa)
goblins? pfft goblin shamans and warlocks make sense because they make deals with demons/elementals ...though there are goblin priests so..

bldavis

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 am

Era wrote:Updated character models is gold worth, imo.

Think we'll see any new race/class combinations? My inner lore geek is fighting a battle with my lust for more Horde paladin races.

Gnomes should be all the things.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General