Remove Advertisements

WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:54 pm

bldavis wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:@Pfife, the only issue with your story arch is that Deathwing was blasted into oblivion, there is no corpse. /end nick pick XD

And Velen is an agent for the Legion? Did I miss horribly miss some retcon here?

are we SURE DW was blasted to oblivion? or was he just destroyed enough to let what was left of his corpse fall into the water?

and no not yet at any rate..though i will be estatic/pissed as all hell if that retcon happens (estatic cause i called it, but pissed as all hell cause it happened)

Yea, unless those tiny particles from the Dragon Soul can come back together. But I am sure they'll retcon it if it fits into their designs.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Hmm. Trying to work through the timeline convolutions gave me a thought. They could just go ahead and rearrange the levelling path while overhauling Outland. Cut out the 60-70 Outland, insert the new Outland at 90+, move around level ranges of WotLK (60-70)/Cata(70-80)/MoP(80-90) to fill the gap.
Never gonna happen, because damn that's a lot of work.

I think more, "never gonna happen" because its a reuse of an already known area - what would they do with it to make it not feel like a repeat of TBC? make a completely new outland? then they could just make that new one from scratch and not redo the levelling anyway.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 am

do we already have a thread for speculation about new expansions? if we dont why dont we rename this one?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 am

bldavis wrote:do we already have a thread for speculation about new expansions? if we dont why dont we rename this one?

Myeah, my original thread name was more along those lines. :P
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Pfife » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 am

Fenrìr wrote:
bldavis wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:@Pfife, the only issue with your story arch is that Deathwing was blasted into oblivion, there is no corpse. /end nick pick XD

And Velen is an agent for the Legion? Did I miss horribly miss some retcon here?

are we SURE DW was blasted to oblivion? or was he just destroyed enough to let what was left of his corpse fall into the water?

and no not yet at any rate..though i will be estatic/pissed as all hell if that retcon happens (estatic cause i called it, but pissed as all hell cause it happened)

Yea, unless those tiny particles from the Dragon Soul can come back together. But I am sure they'll retcon it if it fits into their designs.

If that giant chunk in the background survived (and two other parts wound up in Ogg and SW), then it is entirely possible that a sizable chunk of his lower half survived as well. I'm not going with a resurrection or anything, just a usage of the latent energies of his corpse. I hate pointless revivals as much as the next fanboy.

I think I may flesh out my original idea over the weekend. I like something I came up with that uses phasing and I really want to script the dialogue of the last two boss fights after thinking of how I want the lead in for the next next (or final). I think you can expect a wall of text from me at some point.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 am

there is the jaw chunks that are in SW/Ogr, as well as the one on the rock..
in the madness fight, we only say his front legs, head, and wings...basically from shoulders down is underwater

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:40 am

So.. apparently The Dark Below was also registered in the EU.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Petrus » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:06 am

I really hope it's a WoW expansion - I'm looking forward to killing Azshara, but I really hope it doesn't involve too much underwater stuff. I was one of the few people who enjoyed Vashj'ir and even I admit that it would have been better at around 2/3 of the length it was.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I just hope it's not all over the place like Cata was. Having a whole "continent" is way more fun.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:03 pm

bldavis wrote:there is the jaw chunks that are in SW/Ogr, as well as the one on the rock..
in the madness fight, we only say his front legs, head, and wings...basically from shoulders down is underwater

But wasn't it stated the jaw chucks that are in SW/Org the only thing that survived the blast?
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Fenrìr wrote:
bldavis wrote:there is the jaw chunks that are in SW/Ogr, as well as the one on the rock..

But wasn't it stated the jaw chucks that are in SW/Org the only thing that survived the blast?

where was that stated?
i dont remember anything either way

bldavis

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Not going to put much stock in it, but Wowpedia states his body was obliterated with only pieces of his armor surviving.

Gods...I really feel like something was stated in game too. Hrm...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:08 am

if there was, i dont remember anything

ok just rewatched the end of the madness fight...and yeah it does appear his body does get obliterated..

if there is armor still, there could be some back plates (like the ones we blast off in the spine fight) down there...

bldavis

Postby benebarba » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 am

bldavis wrote:if there was, i dont remember anything

ok just rewatched the end of the madness fight...and yeah it does appear his body does get obliterated..

if there is armor still, there could be some back plates (like the ones we blast off in the spine fight) down there...

I thought the jaw chunk on the rock was supposed to be brought back by the heroes to display in SW/Org (based on faction)...not that some peons came along to haul it away and were all like 'hey, this one's too big. Let's take that other one down there in the water instead.'.

the fact that the one on display is smaller may just be artistic license, kind of like having one in both SW *and* org. But then again, like any story franchise: if there is money to be made, the retcon will probably happen.
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:01 am

huh?

the jaw chunk is something we have already said is on the rock/in SW/Ogr
i was talking about the plates on his spine, which 1 was knocked off of his back by the first dragon soul attack after ultraxion, then we knocked 2 more off (or was it 3?) in the spine fight. but there was still several more on either side of the spine fight area.

being we had to kill tendons holding them down, you can say that they were connected to his body, and probably have a bit of his corruption left attached, but being adamandite plates, they wouldnt be destroyed by the dragon soul that destroyed his body (case in point, his adamadite jaw was left)

but as you said, if there is a story arc that "needs it" *cough* retcons WILL happen...i mean look at the sargeras and eredar story!
original story was sargeras was corrupted by the eredar, and that lasted through the warcraft games and clear through classic
then with BC, and the introduction of the Draenei, suddenly Sargeras was driven mad by the futility of his task, gave in to chaos and approached the Eredar promising them power, which 2 of the 3 leaders took him up on...

bit of an about face isnt it?

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General