WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:33 am

no we cant, we still have the zandilari on zandilar to deal with..thier island is sinking, but hasnt sunk yet

i personally like Pfife's idea..plus it would bring in the emerald dream/nightmare and would lead us fairly straight into a burning legion expansion being queen azshara was at one point wanting/going to be (or possibly was? i dont remember exaclty) Sargera's consort/bride.

the reactivation of the well of eternity, as well as the cry of queen azshara might be enough to bring sargera's eye back to azeroth, which he has never forgotten.. we are the only planet to survive an attack from the burning legion, so you know he wants to get a second chance at us

this could be the end of wow wrapped up nice and neat, esp given 2 years per expansion.
we could have the dark below, late 2014, so the fall of argus? (someone book mark this page just to see if i am right in 2 years lol) being launched late 2016, and they said project titan was pushed back til 2016 at least...so we could be seeing the last expansion of wow, which would fit with the old rumors of the engine only handling up to level 100 (dark below - 95, fall of argus - 100) and as wow was winding down with us defeating the burning legion on argus and the draenei returning home possibly, project titan would be picking up more and more steam...

one thing we havent talked about is if it is a wow expansion, like we are fairly sure of now, new class? new race? both? neither?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby cdan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:41 am

A new race? What is the current version of Kung Fu Panda? Smurfs 2? Despicable Me 2?

So we're going to get blue, goblin / gnome like figures. Or little yellow dudes with stupid voices.

Smurf race will be Poppa - tank, Smurfette - healer, Clumsy - DPS.
Minion race would be Dave - Tank, Phil- healer, Carl - DPS
cdan

Postby benebarba » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:49 am

If we get minions, I'll keep playing. I won't care what the story is, as long as I can send minions to do my bidding with hilarious consequences.
benebarba

Postby Taeron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:01 am

Aaaaand it seems The Dark Below might have been a troll register at that .gov site.

Damn it.
Taeron

Postby benebarba » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 am

See? The Trolls are at it again.

Stupid trolls.
benebarba

Postby Pfife » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:09 am

BAH!

Ooh well, I guess I can turn all the ideas I got in the last half an hour into some form of fan fiction. I had the whole expansion mapped out, ending with N'zoth using Azshara (after some form of betrail) to signal the Legion.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Flex » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 am

World of Warcraft: Trollnation
World of Warcraft: Trolltastic
World of Warcraft: Trollriffic
World of Warcraft: Zandaloony
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 am

cdan wrote:A new race? What is the current version of Kung Fu Panda? Smurfs 2? Despicable Me 2?

i would agree, but panderan were in lore long before kung fu panda came out...
panderan brewmasters in WC3 :?
plus chen was at the founding of ogrimmar

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby cdan » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:30 am

bldavis wrote:
cdan wrote:A new race? What is the current version of Kung Fu Panda? Smurfs 2? Despicable Me 2?

i would agree, but panderan were in lore long before kung fu panda came out...
panderan brewmasters in WC3 :?
plus chen was at the founding of ogrimmar

Don't interrupt my fabrication with your facts. I even called my one and only (female) Panda char Jackblackina.
cdan

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:24 pm

sorry its just one of those lines i hear all the time from friends who claim WTF BLIIZ IS JUST CASHING IN ON KUNG FU PANDA!

nice name btw :)

bldavis

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:25 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Not disagreeing with you really, but technically MoP is set in Azeroth and was all about an old god. ;)

Even the developers said that the next expansion is going to take us back to azeroth (if he said "back to the old azeroth we know and love" or smth like that i dont remember)
MoP is not all about an old god tho.
Yes sure, an old god is involved, but so was one in Cata, I never considered it to be the case that much tho, it wasn all about deathwing, not all about the old god.
Garrosh is doing all this crazy stuff cause he found a great powersource, but he was crazy before he found it as well, but he was hungry for power tho.
Not to mention ToT was (like many mid tier raids) a tangent boss not really relevant to the main storyarch.
Treck

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Anyhow, all this talk about the new expansion has gotten me really excited about all that kind of stuff again, been on wowpedia for a while now :P
Treck

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:47 pm

Treck wrote:Anyhow, all this talk about the new expansion has gotten me really excited about all that kind of stuff again, been on wowpedia for a while now :P

same here...i am actually excited for blizzcon now

bldavis

Postby Lieris » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:36 pm

Wishlist:

1. Not another corruption or redemption story.

2. A "big bad" on the box who makes their presence felt throughout the expansion but doesn't behave like a saturday morning cartoon villain.

3. Important story bits are in-game, not exclusive to books.

4. Chris Metzen to retire; the last Blizzard game to have a great story was vanilla WoW. SC2 was especially embarrassing.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:45 pm

and no more f-ing RETCONS!
in before malfurion tutored cenarious in the art of druidism, or slightly more plausible (cause i would hate...and kinda love to see the shit storm on the forums if the first one happened) Velen was really an agent with the Burning Legion after all, duping the entire draenei race, as well as the naruu and every other major lore figure he has met since...including anduin, who he tutored in the preistly ways!

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General