WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: WoW or D3 expansion? The Dark Below

Postby Newsom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:16 am

/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Nazjar\\VO_TT_Nazjar_Event08.wav")

"Dark Beyond"... almost? :P
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am

With Blizzcon coming, assuming they are going to announce, they need to start preparing materials, so the name needs to be registered before any of that work starts.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Ruldar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:03 am

KysenMurrin wrote:
Ruldar wrote:My gut feeling on this says D3 expansion.

Seems a tiny bit early to me since we have at least one patch left before the current expansion is played out. Have we ever had a WoW expansion trademark come out in the late-middle of the previous expansion before?

The MoP trademark was taken out at the start of August 2011, with MoP announcement in October 2011, beta launched in March 2012, game release in September 2012. Little over a year between the trademark and the launch. When MoP was trademarked, we were only a couple of months into Firelands.

Huh, well alright then, sounds like the timing works for a WoW expansion.
Ruldar
Maintankadonor

Postby Orthien » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 pm

I have a feeling its a WoW expansion since I can't see how the title relates to the coming events of Diablo that we have heard about.

My thoughts is that there was something trapped within Azeroth, maybe old god related, maybe Burning Legion. Its prison was broken during the Cataclysm since when it has been building strength within the earth.
Definitely will have some BL tie ins for that expansion when we finally get it.
Maybe some more Goblin stuff.
My speculation is we will also see Magni return to the game. Having spent his time one with the earth, he found out about this darkness thats been brewing and stayed so long learning about it so that he could return now to warn and prepare us.
Orthien

Postby Sagara » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:46 pm

Seems the D3 xpack will be "The Reaper of Souls", so "Dark Below" seems a good bet for WoW...

See the page for reaper of souls and MMO-C's page on that
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Newsom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:52 am

I knew it. Can't wait for Blizzcon now. :D
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:08 am

My money on a Naga/Old God oriented expansion.

...or something about the Burning Legion? Wrathion has been talking about that for the whole expansion.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:42 am

D3 Reaper of Souls coming to PC/Xbox Seven and PS14 in 2047!
Teranoid

Postby Treck » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:05 am

If im not mistaken, I believe "the Dark below" is another name for N'zoth or whatever his name is.
The old god that possessed Deathwing.
The seacreature (and only reason people assume its an underwater expansion) from throne of tides is called "<Fiend of the Dark Below>" and he was created by N'zoth if i remember correctly.
While the Dark Below can mean dark below the surface, down in water where the sun doesnt reach, its also a way to describe caves in the same way.
Theres also some correlation with N'zoth beeing hidden below the maelstrom (i guess even below deepholm now?).
And since MoP was a bit of a distraction from normal Azeroth business, I would be more than stoked if the next expansion went back to azeroth (smth they have confirmed) and dealt with an old god or two.
If the Dark Below in fact is the name for the expansion referensing N'zoth, then the expansion is pretty much like the N'zoth expansion like Wrath was about lich king.
Leading up to the old god somehow beeing the endboss.
Im pumped about it atleast.
Treck

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:39 am

Not disagreeing with you really, but technically MoP is set in Azeroth and was all about an old god. ;)
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Taeron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:40 am

Very exciting news. Either way you swing this The Dark Below theory, it feels we're definitely moving away from oversized angry turnips and giant manic rabbits back to a more Diabloesque world of demons and monsters.
Taeron

Postby bldavis » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:51 am

the more i think and read about it, the more and more i am getting excited for it!
i love MoP and its story lines, and all the stuff it brought with it (ok maybe not ALL of it but..) but it would be great to get back to that darker feel of Wrath :D
(i would say BC possibly, but i only played for the last 2 months of BC)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:59 am

I really hope it's an Old God expansion, being a huge Lovecraft fan and all.

N'zoth could very much be a possibility. He is said to be sleeping in the sunken city of Ny'alotha (obviously R'lyeh) which also has connection to the Emerald Dream/Nightmare. Possible location?

There's also the theory that Azeroth itself is named after/encased by an old god (see Azathoth) which is why Azeroth is so important to the titans. (Edit: found the article! It's a good read.)
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Pfife » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 am

I think I'm going to take a stab at the initial plot/story.

As the warriors of Azaroth brought turmoil to Pandaria and freed the Horde from another cycle of dark influence, something boiled underneath the surface of the Maelstrom. Under the command of N'zoth, Queen Azshara has used Deathwing's corpse with remnants of the Well of Eternity to bring her city back to the world. And with it, turmoil begins anew as her naga ravage the coasts of both Kalamdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Horde and Alliance have agreed to put aside recent grudges in order to force the serpent queen to fight on two fronts, but she holds more beneath her power than they realize. Wrathion, in an attempt to prevent the old kingdom from rising, has been captured and sent to the Emerald Dream. He is slowly being twisted as his father once was. The time has come to enter The Dream and end the corruption that has been plaguing it for years. There is no rest for Azaroth's mightiest as they must fight through the ruins, the water, The Dream and The Dark Below.

Edit: included the Well of Eternity.
Last edited by Pfife on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby benebarba » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:10 am

Now if we can just go for an expansion without a troll patch. ;)
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General