LFR/Flex and heroic raiders

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR/Flex and heroic raiders

Postby Amirya » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:57 pm

This is true, and also reflects a difference in raid style. Once Cataclysm hit, it didn't just affect Azeroth, it also hit the guild pretty hard. People decided to go to school, have kids, quit jobs and disappear into the ether, faction change, server ninja, and whatever else. Our current guildmaster has seriously been considering moving the guild to a different server, even if he has to pay for the character transfers for some of the steadiest players.

In theory, though, if my group were as steadfast as you, I am with you all the way.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:25 am

Well, despite all the consternation here.. the new raid schedule is up.

After the second week, it's basically alternating between Flex and LFR unlocks, with everything open before the end of Oct.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:43 am

And the crying of "why can't I kill Garrosh day one" has already begun.

I'm really starting to despise the people that play this game.
Teranoid

Postby Winkle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 am

He'll be dead in week one on normal, i can't remember the reason they gave before for the slow release schedule. If people were considering re-subbing due to the introduction of flex this may slow their return somewhat. Obviously in the long term the impact is probably negligible.
Winkle

Postby oldboyz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am

totally agree with all Koatanga's comment
(i lead since Vanilla)

i used to have first nights dedicated to roster rotation, and the last nights for "best" player

i'm gonna apply same philosophie with flex/nm*

someone who doesn't have time to improve his characters should be happy to have a guarantee slot in Flex raid. Up to him to demonstrate he can contribute enough to be then also considered for the Normal raid :wink: he has no pression to do it if the flex progression is fine for him
oldboyz

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 am

Seeing how Flex Garrosh wont be available till Oct 15, and LFR Garrosh a week later, I imagine the bemoaning of getting burnout will be somewhat quelled
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am

Doubt it
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sagara » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:12 am

People NOT whining about something?

When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:58 pm

It was part snark. =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Seeing how Flex Garrosh wont be available till Oct 15, and LFR Garrosh a week later, I imagine the bemoaning of getting burnout will be somewhat quelled

I know that belittling people who see the burnout issue is the hip thing to do these days, but I fail to see why that wouldn't represent the beginning of the real burnout phase.

Is it your position that everyone will already have everything they need from the last wing of the raid before Oct. 22nd? While that may be true for you, I assure you my raid will not have seen Garrosh by then, much less had a kill. We'll still be running LFR and Flex to get the gear we need to get a Garrosh kill.

Even the ones that have cleared him each week will not mean everyone has everything they want/need. My raid has 12 Horridon kills (yes, we're quite slow, and started late), but the healing trinket has only dropped once. The axe from Jin'Rokh has only dropped once in 16 kills. Random loot is random.

So why does the Oct 22nd date mean no burnout? I don't understand.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:55 pm

I went all of 5.2 and 5.3 without getting any gear off Nalak, even with Bonus rolls. I am known here for having terrible luck on drops, going more than 35 times in a row not getting heroic never ending winter -- Nika and I often bet who will be the last one to get a shield in their respective raid.

I know bad RNG, I dance with it often... I just won't kill myself doing content I don't want.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I went all of 5.2 and 5.3 without getting any gear off Nalak, even with Bonus rolls. I am known here for having terrible luck on drops, going more than 35 times in a row not getting heroic never ending winter -- Nika and I often bet who will be the last one to get a shield in their respective raid.

I know bad RNG, I dance with it often... I just won't kill myself doing content I don't want.

That's fine, and your raid history and performance is probably such that your raid lead isn't hounding you to run additional content to improve your performance, and you're probably comfortable with your performance so as not to feel the need to fill in gaps from lower tier content, so you're not really in the "at risk" group for burnout.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Winkle » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:01 am

Are you actually being hounded by your RL to complete LFR and Flex? I think your RL needs to access his priorities. I always imagined burnout to be a bit of a self imposed phenomenon i.e. "I should probably run LFR in case that offhand drops so i can up my dps a little more and we can beat that enrage".
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:39 am

There's a lot of wannabe-hardcore-RLs and guilds who, despite their skill being far below a real heroic raider, demand their raid team to put the same effort of a top end hc raider would do.

I've seen those guilds on some friends and I'm like, why is your RL stressing you so much if anyway you can't even clear normal? Having 1 more ilvl wont really make your guildies stand out of fire.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 pm

I've seen those guilds on some friends and I'm like, why is your RL stressing you so much if anyway you can't even clear normal? Having 1 more ilvl wont really make your guildies stand out of fire.

Can't fix people? Carry them with more numbers instead so that you limp across instead of wiping to 2% when you finally get to P3.

That's essentially what the entire point of item upgrades, raid nerfs, etc. is and the atmosphere that the majority of raiders experience anyway. Hell, that's the entire point of the "gear from lower difficulty modes" to begin with.

There's also a slight difference between "1 more ilvl" and "the gear once can get out of repeatedly farming LFR when unable to full clear Normal".
Darielle

PreviousNext

Return to General