Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid, Siege of Orgrimmar, and more!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.4 - Flex Raid!

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:23 am

A thought: Right now, in 5.3, it's Heroic Scenarios and the Barrens gear that occupy the "ilevel in between LFR and Normal" slot. What's gonna happen in 5.4 if Flexible Raid is meant to sit there?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:34 am

Probably will have equivalent ilvl to "alternative to raid stuff". So you can either gear through Flexibles or through solo content.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:00 am

What I don't like about the "Flex" replaces "Normal" idea is that it means everyone's going to expect a raid spot, even if you deem they're not "worthy". I don't want lesser content just to accommodate people who can't figure out how to play their class. This is why I don't see Flex replacing normal mode. I hope Flex remains family friendly and nothing more.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 am

As a side note... I barely keep up with my gear list with LFR/normal/heroic. Fuck Flex. Think I'll stick to Normal and Heroic. And dear god I don't want to see Thunderforged again either.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 am

honestly i hope they have shared lockouts between /flex, normal and heroic on a toon by toon basis
that way you can have your normal 10 man, your alt flex, and your solo queue LFR

LFR can still be hey lets get easy valor and a chance at an upgrade for that one slot that still hasnt dropped in normal/heroic

i think this way you dont feel like it is mandatory to raid 4 times each week (toc flashbacks anyone?)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 am

To be honest, as someone who will very possibly end up doing some flex-modes and hasn't raided in a while... I actually think I'd have preferred if it was the same ilvl as LFR but tuned to be a bit more of a challenge for an organized group. I really don't see why there's a need for another gear level if the goal is basically to make up for what LFR didn't deliver on: to provide good introductory raiding experience.

You'd basically get up to 4 chances at the same loot tables per week. Assuming your LFR runs weren't nearly full guild runs, I'd assume the flex experience would be more fun and that combined with the extra chance at the same loot would be a sufficient carrot to make people want to do it. Or have we totally abandoned the idea that folks might actually do things for fun?
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:42 am

just thought of another perk
when you get to a sticking point you can switch down to flex from normal and finish the rest of the instance

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:49 am

Invisusira

Postby bldavis » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:55 am

they spelled LFR wrong....

bldavis

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:01 am

bldavis wrote:just thought of another perk
when you get to a sticking point you can switch down to flex from normal and finish the rest of the instance

Nope. As it says in the announcement, they're seperate lockouts.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 am

soo... srs bzns time: does this mean I have to turn off my patch 5.4 speculation generator?

:(
benebarba

Postby Qeeze » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 am

lythac wrote:My main concern is the quality of players in LFR is going to take a complete nosedive. Normal raiders who raid Normal and LFR will instead raid Normal and Flex.

For 25 man guilds I wonder if their 10 man alt runs will be replaced by Flex runs instead.

Without a doubt LFR will suffer the most when /flex goes in. I think that's Blizzards intent to be honest. In many ways this will make Open Raid and yes /2, the defacto tools guilds use to insure raids happen. Flex raids will allow guilds to learn fights faster and develop effective strategies for normal and heroic. The ability to bring in players with more experience to help groups beat fights is a good thing for the game.

Blizzard has said repeatedly they are going to make changes to server population imbalances and this is probably the first step. Cross realm technology is here to stay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Cross Realm Guilds at some point. If the valor cap remains the same, LFR will become pointless since you'll get your VP's and higher Itl gear from Flex raiding. More importantly there will finally be some accountability for bad players.

This is after all a social game. My real ID list is fairly long, and my friends have friends to btw, so I expect my list is going to get used a lot more for this. LFR will still be available for the socially inept who no one likes playing with anyways. Run LFR now days and you regularly see geared players using the bosses as glorified target dummies. Ninja pulls, no pull countdowns, and some incredibly bad tanking, dps, & healing, going on at times. Chronic afk & DC'ers, tunnelers, guys trying to play WoW on shitty connections who then type "Lag" as to why they suck. The 5 to 10 players who actually do the things needed to kill bosses will never set foot in LFR once Flex goes live, and that alone will kill off LFR.
Qeeze

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:21 am

bldavis wrote:i think this way you dont feel like it is mandatory to raid 4 times each week (toc flashbacks anyone?)

I think people who bring up this argument are forgetting that back then there were different loot tables for 10s and 25s, so to get some of your BiS gear you *had* to do both. This isn't the case anymore -- shared loot tables with different iLvls pretty much kills that entire argument, and the need to "raid below your level."

Flex doesn't affect heroic raiders at all. It gives normal social guilds an additional option. It'll impact LFR a lot, but I'm really not sure how much. In my guild we have plenty of 502 alts, and people solo queue LFR at all hours of the day. The introduction of Flex isn't going to magically cause the entire guild to log on alts at the same time to run a Flex raid -- people run alts during off hours, and I think LFR will continue to service people who 1) don't have raiding guilds, and 2) don't have 10+ friends online at the same time to Flex.

High pop servers might pug even more, but depending on the ilvl difference betweel LFR and Flex and your particular realm's peculiarities, queuing LFR may still be the path of least resistance for a nontrivial percentage of the population.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 am

I wish they'd called it something other than Flex. It makes me think of Flex here on MT every time. >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General