Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fenris » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:21 am

Good times ahead
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Fenris
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 am

Sagara wrote:I can't resist the urge - inbe4:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Blizzard, my healers in BG's dont actually heal and you don't care!"

And

"Waaaaaaaaaah! Blizzard the DPS queue for BG's is too darn long and you don't care!"

BAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:29 am

bldavis wrote:
Sagara wrote:I can't resist the urge - inbe4:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Blizzard, my healers in BG's dont actually heal and you don't care!"

And

"Waaaaaaaaaah! Blizzard the DPS queue for BG's is too darn long and you don't care!"

BAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:


Heck, since there are no loot drops, why not queue as a healer if you can to get in faster?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Not sure of mentioned but Heroic Scenarios will work like challenge modes in that there is no LFG queue.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby twinkfist » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:35 am

so, i was reading mmo-champion and came across something where it said that blizz is working on having warriors be able to dual-wield polearms? if that is the case...yes, i may change my main from pally to warrior.
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:51 am

twinkfist wrote:so, i was reading mmo-champion and came across something where it said that blizz is working on having warriors be able to dual-wield polearms? if that is the case...yes, i may change my main from pally to warrior.


GC tweeted out that it is one of their active projects.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby twinkfist » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:21 pm

warrior=new main
User avatar
twinkfist
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Chunes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 pm

In the game, that sounds pretty sweet, but can you imagine trying to wield two polearms IRL?

You'd probably get fucked by a swordsman 2handing just due to the unwieldiness of basically managing a spear 1-handed times 2.

:o
User avatar
Chunes
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 pm

even a short spear would cause issues like that, much less glaives, ransuers, and other true pole-arms
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Paxen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:32 am

Just confirms that Titan's Grip is the most retarded idea in WoW ever.

So happy that they added Single-Minded Fury so I don't have to worry about that shit.
Paxen
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 am

Paxen wrote:Just confirms that Titan's Grip is the most retarded idea in WoW ever.

So happy that they added Single-Minded Fury so I don't have to worry about that shit.


nah, in the standard 'epic barbarian wielding 2 giant axes/swords/whatever' way, it was pretty cool. It's a fantasty game with plenty of other standard tropes (hi, armorkini!) I'd rather see go first :P


though the animations for the polearms may look a bit silly (unless they get changed), it was kind of annoying to get a polearm on my fury warrior from a scenario lootbag, knowing I couldn't actually use it. Similarly, it seems kinda dumb to have a spec basically have 2 completely different and incompatable weapon schemes.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 am

so there should be a titan-minded fury?
ala combat rogues with a slow MH and fast OH? just scaled up to be a 2hd MH and 1 hd OH? (that actually sounds interesting, but would prob be a bitch to try to balance 3 different weapon sets for one spec)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 am

bldavis wrote:so there should be a titan-minded fury?
ala combat rogues with a slow MH and fast OH? just scaled up to be a 2hd MH and 1 hd OH? (that actually sounds interesting, but would prob be a bitch to try to balance 3 different weapon sets for one spec)


that is one option: basically set the abilities, and let the community figure out the optimum or simply choose one and make it so you don't need to do the balance dance twice for one spec (though the current ~3% spread based on noxxic's guide seems pretty darn good).

just voicing an opinion, not really able to propose something better.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:48 am

According to MMO-Champ, you'll be able to Tmog directly from your bank or void storage!
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Paxen » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

benebarba wrote:
Paxen wrote:Just confirms that Titan's Grip is the most retarded idea in WoW ever.

So happy that they added Single-Minded Fury so I don't have to worry about that shit.


nah, in the standard 'epic barbarian wielding 2 giant axes/swords/whatever' way, it was pretty cool. It's a fantasty game with plenty of other standard tropes (hi, armorkini!) I'd rather see go first :P


Sure, I get that lots of people like it (brain damage from too much anime is my guess), so I don't actually mind Titan's Grip. I do love that they added SMF so that using one handers is viable again, so I don't have to use TG.
Paxen
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:11 am

halabar wrote:According to MMO-Champ, you'll be able to Tmog directly from your bank or void storage!



And there was much rejoicing. I wonder if they'll still charge you for accessing void storage.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

Anybody know if the quest for the item level 600 cloaks are spec specific (so if you do the quest as a paladin tank, you wouldn't be offered the dps cloak with haste/mastery/crit)?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 am

Fetzie wrote:Anybody know if the quest for the item level 600 cloaks are spec specific (so if you do the quest as a paladin tank, you wouldn't be offered the dps cloak with haste/mastery/crit)?


good question, though given the work they are putting in to allow people to specify specs, I hope they'll work that into the questing system somehow.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:28 am

Who knows, they might even have the flash of brilliance to give paladin tanks the option of the dps cloak by default...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:30 am

Fetzie wrote:Who knows, they might even have the flash of brilliance to give paladin tanks the option of the dps cloak by default...


butbutbut grand crusader changes!

you'll eat your dodge+parry and like it!

:P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:41 pm

All quests with significant rewards (epics) have allowed you to choose the rewards like old quests.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8588
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Latest from the blues:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569598546
Those client strings for an in-game browser we've been seeing on the datamining sites are now explained. Blizzard is indeed putting a web browser into the game, which will link to the Battle.net support site. This will replace the existing in game support system.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4773
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Andurin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:49 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Latest from the blues:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569598546
Those client strings for an in-game browser we've been seeing on the datamining sites are now explained. Blizzard is indeed putting a web browser into the game, which will link to the Battle.net support site. This will replace the existing in game support system.


Am I the only one scared by this idea? Web browsers are like buckets with a lot of holes in them, with some of them fixed by putting something over them...

Wowojuju even goes as far as claiming that it is an IE browser... (source)

This scares me even more >.< Same with the comment on that post... "would be nice to access anything from there". No it wouldnt >.< I think its a huge backdoor for hackers with big neon letters saying: Please hack us, you can enter here.

Bah, I dont like it :p (and I surely wont use it if you can visit any website with it...)
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 am

If it's limited so that it can only go to the support site and nothing else, and perhaps even loads the site through your game connection, then it might still be safe. I assume they're smart enough not to open up their support system to third party addons, as well.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4773
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 am

I'm not that scared - Eve has had an ingame browser for ages, without any significant issues - it just has to not use any of the backdoor coding possibilities (Pure HTML cannot hijack anything)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest