Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 pm

But I don't want to spec Disc :\
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Qeeze » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:43 pm

The 3 spec thing is a great idea. Remember this allows you to set up your bars (even if only slightly) and use different talent/glyph set ups. Some will never make use of it, but others will. Now if they'd increase the number of macro slots....
Qeeze

Postby Invisusira » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Man

what's the point of even having specs if you can just be whatever you want, whenever you want. It's not like it was even a big deal any more; drop combat, respec.

They're lucky they're adding a whole bunch of new pets to keep me distracted or I may be forced to make a pointless post moaning about the good ol days and how Blizzard has become completely misguided and WoW has lost its sense of wonder.

WORLD... OF WARCRAFT
Invisusira

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 am

I know things change and stuff, but I sort of chuckled as I remember blizzard's stance on a third spec...vehemently stating no, it'd never happen because they're already leary enough about having a dual one.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 am

Well, talents then were *much* different from talents now.

Back then, having players abuse talent respec for gimmick fights was a problem, because not everyone had that freedom (tanks and healers who wanted a DPS spec had one of each, while DPSers could make an "AoE" spec and a "single target" spec). Right now, it's almost expected to switch talents on a fight-by-fight basis.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby ulushnar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:00 am

I've no burning desire to add a holy string to my bow and I generally carry a stack of reagents to swap talents/glyphs on the fly.Only people I can see benefiting from this are priests who absolutely have to have both healing specs and still wanna solo stuff.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:09 am

I'm pretty much with ya on that Ulushnar. I have no desire for a holy spec and it's not that hard to just swap a few talents/glyphs.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:32 am

Maybe the third spec is intended only for druids.

Or maybe it might be extremely expensive to buy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Paxen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah, the old argument against tri-spec (that it makes people switch around too much from fight to fight) is kinda dead with the new talent system where you are totally expected to switch around talents and glyphs from fight to fight.

TBH I think they should take it one step further and allow unlimited number of different specs at a time, but each extra "slot" costs an exponentially increasing amount of gold to unlock. (So something like 50g first, 250g second, 1250g third and so on, or 50g/1000g/20000g if you want most chars to stay at 3.)
Paxen

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:06 am

Another idea would have been to make *spec change* available on the fly as well, but with glyphs and talents remaining unmodified (i.e. you have to change all the talents and glyphs you want to change as well).

With something like that, there would be no point in dual/triple/omni spec anyway.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby lythac » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 am

As a LFR only DPS warrior I welcome the changes, both roll as whatever spec and tri spec. At my gear level (low) Arms is the highest DPS spec, but I will require 1H weapons for SMF later on (which don't drop for Arms). Currently in LFR I seem to be waiting around for tanks for the trash, so a Prot spec would be useful.

Play as Arms (1), Fury for rolls (2), Prot for trash when needed (3).
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby ulushnar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 am

Yeah, but in the next patch you'll be able to queue as one spec and roll for loot as another. Problem solved.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 am

Come on, you guys are complaining? I for one am very happy I can finally PvP as holy, raid as protection and do dailies as retribution.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby ulushnar » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 am

I don't think anyone's really complaining, just failing to see a *need* outside of a few specific instances, like the one you mentioned.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 am

I dont think I was complaining about it, just merely noting I have no need for it. =P
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General