Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Taeron » Thu May 23, 2013 2:24 am

Do these changes affect our approach to certain bosses we used to one tank, for example, do we need to go to Horridon HC switching on stacks or will I do just fine soaking up stacks and clearing them up as before?
Taeron

Postby Worldie » Thu May 23, 2013 3:38 am

Our Prot pala on Horridon Hc just did same as usual.
He also died when he forgot a shor :mrgreen:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Thu May 23, 2013 6:03 am

Jabari wrote:(Again, WTF is with the test realm. Isn't it meant to actually, like, test things?)

small pool, and not everyone is actually there to make the game better, I'd wager, let alone be experienced software testers... most just want to play early to get a leg up in other stuff.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 23, 2013 6:22 am

If there's no new raid tier they don't get the raid guilds into the test realm doing lots of group stuff.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Jabari » Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am

Well, it sounds like the whole concept of "Public Test Realm" is a failure then. *shrug*

They need to make it private testing - whether that means completely in-house, or hiring players/guilds to do that work (yes, paying them) - either would be ok.

I mean, not finding something like "Resto Treants make healer's target take aggro" in 4 weeks of testing... This should have been very easy to see with just anyone running a 5-man.

Well, actually, the big one is the sound changes. Either that was a last-second addition with no testing (in which case the software devs/mgmt there are morons), or, I don't even know what to think if no "testers" caught the fact that no addons make any sounds any more.

(As an aside: Blink Strikes is causing some weirdness. Have gotten a few mobs "stuck" in the middle of environment objects when the pet blinked seemingly "into the middle of a table" - the mob then turns to move/hit it and also gets stuck in the middle of the table. Unattackable at that point of course - was lucky in the scenarios it happened in that everyone could run away and then die to reset it.)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Teranoid » Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 am

This is the part where anyone with common sense realizes how large this game is and laughs at you for being so ignorant.
Teranoid

Postby Chunes » Thu May 23, 2013 10:38 am

Teranoid wrote:This is the part where anyone with common sense realizes how large this game is and laughs at you for being so ignorant.

Haha I wasn't going to say it that bluntly, but basically this.
Chunes

Postby halabar » Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

Teranoid wrote:This is the part where anyone with common sense realizes how large this game is and laughs at you for being so ignorant.

Yes, because the PTR is SOOOO successful at uncovering issues. :roll:

I wouldn't make it private, but incentivizing players beyond the HC raiders to test would help a lot. Especially mid-expansion, am I going to go try to find broken stuff on PTR, or work on current content? Easy choice.

The PTR's primary value now when not raid testing is softening the blow of incoming nerfs (and to feed the dataminers).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby oldboyz » Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am

unless you have some IRL experience with IT project and you have some more than just "commun sense"

and then laughs become even bigger at you for being so ridiculus whith you stupid comment...

have a good day :mrgreen:

PS. teranoid, don't be an asshole, it may avoid you even more sarcastic comment
oldboyz

Postby Teranoid » Thu May 23, 2013 12:08 pm

oldboyz wrote:

unless you have some IRL experience with IT project and you have some more than just "commun sense"

and then laughs become even bigger at you for being so ridiculus whith you stupid comment...

have a good day :mrgreen:

PS. teranoid, don't be an asshole, it may avoid you even more sarcastic comment

Can I get a translator?

The most comical part of all of this is the people that complain about the PTR not fixing anything probably never spent more than 5 minutes on it nor ever reported a single issue that didn't consist of "boo hoo BM nerfed my class sucks"
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Thu May 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Teranoid wrote:Can I get a translator?

The most comical part of all of this is the people that complain about the PTR not fixing anything probably never spent more than 5 minutes on it nor ever reported a single issue that didn't consist of "boo hoo BM nerfed my class sucks"

ILU
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 23, 2013 1:13 pm

It's not like they fix things even when you report them and tested them for hours and hours. *cough* All the theorycraft in the beta *cough*
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Thu May 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Unless there's a new raid to test, the PTR gets very little action. At least they've become a lot quicker at hotfixing bugs.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Jabari » Thu May 23, 2013 2:01 pm

Teranoid wrote:Can I get a translator?

Sure.

"How much software development experience do you have, exactly?"

Edit:
@Chunes: Why, specifically?
Last edited by Jabari on Thu May 23, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Thu May 23, 2013 2:09 pm

I've been in the software game for about 6 years now.

Teranoid's comment rang true to me

:/
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General