Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm

200 mounts achi and brawler's guild mount.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Newsom » Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 pm

Worldie wrote:If you have ever checked your vengeance values, they never actually reached that much if you are not using some sort of "clever use of game mechanic".


I usually end up at around 400k vengeance near the end tanking Ra-den 10. This change would pretty much halve my vengeance there. It also happens frequently on add heavy fights (Empress adds, Wind Lord, multiple adds on Lei Shen, Horridon, etc.)

I'm guessing there are add heavy fights in T16 and this is just so that we don't get a repeat of Wind Lord.

Not a huge deal though, honestly.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby chace86 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 pm

They are nerfing the base damage reduction of Shield of the Righteous by 5%. It is now a base of 25%, down from 30% :(
chace86
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Definitively something everyone will notice and will make prot palas underpowered comparing to other tanks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Sun May 19, 2013 7:04 pm

Newsom wrote:
Worldie wrote:If you have ever checked your vengeance values, they never actually reached that much if you are not using some sort of "clever use of game mechanic".


I usually end up at around 400k vengeance near the end tanking Ra-den 10. This change would pretty much halve my vengeance there. It also happens frequently on add heavy fights (Empress adds, Wind Lord, multiple adds on Lei Shen, Horridon, etc.)

I'm guessing there are add heavy fights in T16 and this is just so that we don't get a repeat of Wind Lord.

Not a huge deal though, honestly.

I still think it's to prevent abusing.

Remember the first time they introduced the vengeance cap was when paladins were solosoaking Annihilate with AD.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13423
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Bellanka » Mon May 20, 2013 9:37 am

Worldie wrote:
Remember the first time they introduced the vengeance cap was when paladins were solosoaking Annihilate with AD.


Didn't even need AD. GoAK + SoTR / DP+IronBark+Pain Supp+SoTR / then AD - I was pulling upwards of 400K with Execution Sentence and HA/AW. I'd also like to point out that our Frost DK went Blood and our Brewmaster Monk were soaking it along with me. So it wasn't JUST Paladins.

It's not really that big of a concern. Even solo tanking H-Qon/Durumu/Horridon I never significantly broke the kind of values this would be capped at (unless I intentionally burned cooldowns and ate ~18 stacks of Triple Puncture for the HA/AW burn on the Frozen Warlords), and I'm sitting at 670k raid buffed at 45% haste.

The only thing the SOTR nerf might do is bring Mastery more in line with haste, and result in balancing the two to meet your raid's damage taken/healing requirements.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Klaudandus » Mon May 20, 2013 10:03 am

Bellanka wrote:
The only thing the SOTR nerf might do is bring Mastery more in line with haste, and result in balancing the two to meet your raid's damage taken/healing requirements.


That is exactly what it is, even if GC denied it on twitter.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11143
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Darielle » Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

It's the "unless I" case that they're looking to address.

I wouldn't so it's so much solo tanking bosses that weren't really meant to be solo tanked. Vengeance doesn't REALLY affect that; even if Vengeance didn't exist, we would be doing it as a rule. It goes a BIT further when Monks are taking Decapitate to the face just for Vengeance, or people intentially eating Anima Rings for the Vengeance etc.
Darielle
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:41 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 am

They also mentioned that certain ground effects wont add to Vengeance in the future (maybe now).
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 7500
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue May 21, 2013 11:40 am

Worldie wrote:200 mounts achi and brawler's guild mount.


Also a potential promo mount with Hearthstone, and a likely TCG mount, and one more unknown.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby econ21 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:14 am

Finally read and understood the PvP gear changes - how strange! PvP gear is great for PvE but will be useless for PvP.

By which I mean, 476 PvP gear is awesome for gearing up new alts for PvE (to get into LFR). But you won't want to use it for PvP if you PvE gear is 496+.

Before, I'd been wondering whether to fill up missing slots in my alts pvp sets (it's so easy via Tol Barad). I'm glad I did not waste my time.

I guess that will save some bag space on my main - I can get rid of my pvp set (although it will be a shame to see it go; it was a nice transmog set).
econ21
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 am

Do the extra stats on 496 PvE gear (versus 476 entry PvP gear) make up fully for the lack of PvP Power?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby econ21 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Do the extra stats on 496 PvE gear (versus 476 entry PvP gear) make up fully for the lack of PvP Power?


I think so. Some people say you might want to use a pvp weapon, but otherwise the 20 item levels will swing it. I gather pvp power (or the gems at least) has been nerfed, so that's another reason I will be banking my pvp set which has all pvp power gems.
econ21
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Zalaria » Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 am

I thought they were scaling all gear to 476 in battlegrounds and arenas. Wouldn't that make the pvp gear better than any pve gear you could get?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
User avatar
Zalaria
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:27 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 am

They're scaling it all down to 496, not 476.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 6843
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest