Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Thu May 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Chunes wrote:whereas other ranged in pvp can be interrupted, gripped and stunned etc.

Hunters are a melee class that just happens to use ranged weapons.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Jabari wrote:They're going to forget to reduce the pet CD on half the "PvE stuff". All the group buffs and PvE debuffs fall into this, and there are so many different names/spells (because of different "pet flavor")... *sigh*

Group buffs already have a longer duration than their cooldown right? Debuffs are fine if it is not up for a few seconds.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Paxen » Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Flex wrote:Hunters are a melee class...

...which can't be gripped away from their target or kited, right?

edit: Woops, quote was messed up.
Last edited by Paxen on Fri May 17, 2013 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paxen

Postby Worldie » Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

theckhd wrote:Clearly you need a new macro:
/sit

I would imagine getting a melee crit nowadays gets you 1shot or almost 1shot from the bosses... no?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Thu May 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Flex wrote:
Chunes wrote:whereas other ranged in pvp can be interrupted, gripped and stunned etc.

Hunters are a melee class that just happens to use ranged weapons.

hey have some cast time abilities....

cobra shot counts...

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Thu May 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Flex wrote:
Jabari wrote:They're going to forget to reduce the pet CD on half the "PvE stuff". All the group buffs and PvE debuffs fall into this, and there are so many different names/spells (because of different "pet flavor")... *sigh*

Group buffs already have a longer duration than their cooldown right? Debuffs are fine if it is not up for a few seconds.

The debuffs like Gore should be ok (10 second cooldown, 30 second uptime), and the group buffs are ok, provided there aren't side effects from the exotic nerf (Terrifying Roar, 45 second cooldown, 1 minute uptime).

The ones that are in danger are the ones like the Spirit Heal, which supposedly was going to be fixed, but it's not in the patch notes. If that doesn't get fixed, Spirit Beasts will be seen a lot less.

The real hit for BM will be with target switching, since the pets will not able able to apply the target specific special abilities as frequently.

I do wonder what the side effect for pets will be for focus generation, since the specials will be cast 30% less often for the ones you would want on auto-cast.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Chunes wrote:Well, BM is *fucking obnoxious* in pvp, so I'm ok with them getting hit. The amount of CC they bring with the right pets in addition to that STUPID FUCKING STAMPEDE is a little over the top.

Hunters are already an "ignore" target for my group (HPal + 2hFrostDK / War/DK/MW Monk) because you can't really do much to lock them out of their DPS skills outside of stuns, whereas other ranged in pvp can be interrupted, gripped and stunned etc.

I think it's fair they come down a bit in terms of what they bring to the table.

Get your PVP nerfs out of my PVE... :?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu May 16, 2013 1:38 pm

hal...we play wow
something OP in PVP = bottom of charts in PVE in next patch

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Thu May 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Your quote code got chopped weird Pax, Flex said that, not me.

But if you've ever tried to stick on a hunter, you know that it's pretty much a lost cause for melee.

For the sake of argument though, let's go through a hypothetical 2's match healer+hunter vs. healer+DK and see how it plays out using only hunter and DK abilities. Hunter is assumed to be using a shale spider.

Hunter gets in attack range, starts dpsing
DK applies diseases @ range and grips, lands an auto and an oblit
Hunter has some choices, for now, he uses pet stun
DK does not trinket yet, no point with hunter still at 80%+ hp
Hunter runs while DK is waiting, drops frost trap (still doing full DPS rotation)
DK AMS's trap and chains hunter, starts to close gap
Stampede probably happens here
DK finally gets in attack range (his healer is working his ass off still, hunter healer is sleeping)
Hunter Disegages, DK is immobilized yet again
DK trinks this one, grip is probably close to up by now. let's say it is, he uses it
DK starts wailing on hunter
Hunter scatters, gets a little range (DR's by this point make the disengage pretty quick, but it's enough to get out of melee range
DK has started HB spamming at this point since he is rarely able to get oblits off anyway
Hunter healer is groggy, but somewhat interested, DK healer's fingers are getting blisters
Hunter drops another trap, DK AMS's
Shale spider stuns again, DR's are short but it still stuns for a sec
DK is chaining his ass off, trying to get this fucking hunter hurting
Stars align, hunter is out of CC, Killing machine is procced, Fallen crusader is procced, FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIVE
DK grips, pops pillar, ghoul and pvp trinket

aaaaaannnnnnnnddddddd deterrence.

JK a good DK would bait the deterrence then go for the kill

Meanwhile DK has used asphyx to try and lock down hunter's healer and is praying for KM procs, only for the hunter to shalestun/conc/disengage/etc. out of range yet again.

There's a lot of sarcasm in here, but hunters do stupid DPS and have stupid control in battle. DK's have stupid damage and reasonable control in battle (i'd argue that UH is borderline stupid if you go asphyx/aoe freeze talent, but not many do, preferring desecrate for 2nd trinket effect.
Chunes

Postby Chunes » Thu May 16, 2013 1:47 pm

bldavis wrote:hal...we play wow
something OP in PVP = bottom of charts in PVE in next patch

Unless you play mage :o
Chunes

Postby theckhd » Thu May 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Worldie wrote:
theckhd wrote:Clearly you need a new macro:
/sit

I would imagine getting a melee crit nowadays gets you 1shot or almost 1shot from the bosses... no?

With SotR up, it's no different than an unmitigated melee. But with double Vengeance.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fenrìr » Fri May 17, 2013 2:51 am

Fenris wrote:
halabar wrote:
Fenris wrote:Anyway

*insert personal rant*

I hope they'll go and look at tanks damage balance before changing vengeance...I'm getting kind of tired of my co-tank monk doing 1/3 more dps than me

And as much as my 3 top skill with keg smash alone.

On single target

And now doing heroic it's getting even more frustrating & also becoming a problem....

Of course you do realize it's Monk QQ that is causing the current pally nerfs, right?

Which ones,i've seen everyone complaining about everything lately

(and yes,i see the irony)

It is fairly amusing to see the people crying about paladins being able to solo tank yet here they are doing double our dps without breaking a sweat.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 am

release candidate on ptr...any bets on when we will see the patch?
*puts 150g on this next week, and 50 on the next week* (that would be the 21/22 or the 28/29)

bldavis

Postby Sagara » Fri May 17, 2013 3:23 am

I find it even more amusing when they throw up in arms when anyone mentions that selfsame DPS trouble. What's good for the goose...

But the basic trouble is true - our AM scales insanely well with higher damage intake, compared to other tanks. Anyone can pull some insane tricks with good AM management, but ours can reach stupid extremes. People focus a lot on DS, but it's just a) possible to replicate with HoP , b) Is just a way to actually amplify ShotR's awesomeness.

Calling it: ShotR will eventually have an absolute (non-%) cap based off AP and Mastery. If they're honest, they'll at least up our damage by a truckload to compensate.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Fri May 17, 2013 4:19 am

Even with good timing of SoTR, our monk takes less dmg than I and does more dps...to me, that's redonkulous.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General