Remove Advertisements

Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 am

twinkfist wrote:holy shield...wasn't it 8 charges of something for some damage?

i just remember fights like Prince where he would go melee crazy and threat would jump through the roof because he was just bashing the shield.

Something like "+40% block chance for the next attack made against you, 8 charges"
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 am

Ah yes, the good days when Warriors went SPLAT while we laughed at their corpses (Truefax: our first kill happened when I took over our warrior tank that kept dying. One-shot :-p)
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Tue May 14, 2013 7:41 am

Eheh, one of the things that really sold me to my guild back then, was the fact I was extremely easy to heal through on Prince in my first trial run, while their warriors and druids would often take a shitton of damage and eventually get gibbed.

Holy shield was 35% block for 4 blocks or 10 seconds + reflect damage. Eventually (in 2.2 or 2.3 i can't remember) we got Improved Holy Shield added for 4 more charges.
It had the big problem if having duration equal to cooldown and being on global cooldown, thus would leave us exposed to crushings for about half second every time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 am

Random memorial image of my first raid ever as Paladin tank:
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Tue May 14, 2013 8:16 am

Worldie wrote:Holy shield was 35% block for 4 blocks or 10 seconds + reflect damage. Eventually (in 2.2 or 2.3 i can't remember) we got Improved Holy Shield added for 4 more charges.
It had the big problem if having duration equal to cooldown and being on global cooldown, thus would leave us exposed to crushings for about half second every time.

Just to add what Warriors had -

Imp Shield Block had 2 charges on a 5s CD with a 6s buff and it was off the global CD. So they had all the overlapping fun. Boss swing speeds were generally 2.0s, slowed to 2.4s so every now and again 3 swings would land per shield block but in order to crush they had to be blocked, blocked, crush (15% chance) so to all intents were uncrushable.

Prince ate up Shield Block charges like candy.

Morogrim Tidewalker was also a very good Paladin maintank fight, he had a windfury style attack. Unfortunately Paladins also trivialised adds so didn't get to see that often. Druids also good for this.

And Fathom-Guard Tidalvess, the Shaman add on Karathress, same sort of deal. Druids were also good on him.

And all the tricks we could pull with healing threat.

We were awesome (you just had to educate players we were more than buffing/cleansing machines they got used to in Vanilla).

TBC rose tinted glasses \o/
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby oldboyz » Tue May 14, 2013 5:01 pm

14/03 : no 5.3 this week :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

my 3 main toons already VP capped - and nothing to spend... (i even already took spe2 stuff..)

look like a very quiet week - i dont't know if i will even bother to run LFRs (may be with my 4th guy, not yet the new meta)
oldboyz

Postby pvita » Wed May 15, 2013 2:18 am

5.3 PTR Patch Notes - May 14, Paladin Section wrote:Shield of the Righteous now reduces physical damage taken by 25%, down from 30%.

Hm. Not sure how much damage increase it will be at the end.
pvita

Postby Worldie » Wed May 15, 2013 2:31 am

Hardly noticeable is my guess.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 am

In my opinion, it will be noticeable if you look at damage taken over a longer period of time, are almost unnoticeable in the short-term. When you're talking the difference between taking a 450k hit and a 500k hit the main thing is that you have ShoR active.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 am

oldboyz wrote:14/03 : no 5.3 this week :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

my 3 main toons already VP capped - and nothing to spend... (i even already took spe2 stuff..)

look like a very quiet week - i dont't know if i will even bother to run LFRs (may be with my 4th guy, not yet the new meta)

Urrk...

My spriest still needs valor to buy cape and and offset item, but doesn't need LFR drops.
My hunter is capped at 3000, but still could use one tier piece and a trinket from LFR.

Would be nice if I could move valor from one to the other...

but...

Since they said they would give a warning on 5.3, I suspect it might be at least another 2 weeks before we see 5.3. Too much QQ about valor otherwise.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Thu May 16, 2013 3:27 am

Also, with patch 5.3, there'll be some adjustments to certain Paladin abilities, including a nerf to Shield of the Righteous and Glyph of the Battle Healer (which was meant for Retribution Paladins to begin with).

That glyph was meant for Rets? Luls
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 am

Indeed - some raid utility added in.
They forgot to tell us their plans in advance so we could critique them and tell them how it would actually work out (when does a tank not want to take a healing glyph that works by itself? - only when there is a glyph thats better for survivability in general)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenrìr » Thu May 16, 2013 3:47 am

Ret's dps is laughable as it is, just image what it would be with Seal of Insight up.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenris » Thu May 16, 2013 5:42 am

Fenrìr wrote:
Also, with patch 5.3, there'll be some adjustments to certain Paladin abilities, including a nerf to Shield of the Righteous and Glyph of the Battle Healer (which was meant for Retribution Paladins to begin with).

It's when they come up with bullshit like this one that i really hate them

Just be honest and say "we think it's too strong for protection"
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby benebarba » Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 am

Fenris wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:

It's when they come up with bullshit like this one that i really hate them

Just be honest and say "we think it's too strong for protection"

Seriously. Next up, perhaps they'll act all surprised that SoI is pretty much the only seal we use outside a couple specific instances.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General