Patch 5.3 Notes

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 am

Fetzie wrote:
bldavis wrote:my 86 priest is honored with GL and friendly with AC (need to get farming some more on that server) and my 28 shaman and 23 mage are both honored with GL

it is amazing what you can do when you can solo the warbringers

Not only that, but I have more trade skill materials that I could ever use from the large loot bags.


I wish I could solo the warbringers.. sigh... kiting skills need work. (Hoping my lock will be able to do it).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:04 am

halabar wrote:
Fetzie wrote:
bldavis wrote:my 86 priest is honored with GL and friendly with AC (need to get farming some more on that server) and my 28 shaman and 23 mage are both honored with GL

it is amazing what you can do when you can solo the warbringers

Not only that, but I have more trade skill materials that I could ever use from the large loot bags.


I wish I could solo the warbringers.. sigh... kiting skills need work. (Hoping my lock will be able to do it).

Our warlocks just send in the Voidwalker and let it/him tank.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:06 am

Fetzie wrote:
halabar wrote:
Fetzie wrote:Not only that, but I have more trade skill materials that I could ever use from the large loot bags.


I wish I could solo the warbringers.. sigh... kiting skills need work. (Hoping my lock will be able to do it).

Our warlocks just send in the Voidwalker and let it/him tank.


I've seen a lock do the portal dance as well to kite them.

Don't the Voidwalkers get stomped?... hunter pets sure do, either by the AOE or the Spirits.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:20 am

blood dk ftw :mrgreen:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fenris » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

I could solo the warbringers (before the fear change...I got a direhorn mount the day before they did it and i kind of stopped chasing them after that)

It would just take...About 40 minutes or more i think <.<

Scouts are still good enough for rep farming


Anyway
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Fenris
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 am

halabar wrote:Don't the Voidwalkers get stomped?... hunter pets sure do, either by the AOE or the Spirits.


Nope!

Turn off Thunderstomp autocast on the pet.
Keep Mend Pet up on the pet.
When the Spirit spawns it may attack your pet once but heal aggro from Mend Pet will send it to you.
Lay down an Ice Trap and you're good to go as the spirit will usually despawn before it gets to you,especially if you're survival because of the root.

Also hunter pets take 90% reduced damage from the AoE, not sure how it is hurting yours.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:Don't the Voidwalkers get stomped?... hunter pets sure do, either by the AOE or the Spirits.


Nope!

Turn off Thunderstomp autocast on the pet.
Keep Mend Pet up on the pet.
When the Spirit spawns it may attack your pet once but heal aggro from Mend Pet will send it to you.
Lay down an Ice Trap and you're good to go as the spirit will usually despawn before it gets to you,especially if you're survival because of the root.

Also hunter pets take 90% reduced damage from the AoE, not sure how it is hurting yours.

hal is a special hunter :twisted: (just bustin your chops hal)
honestly i havent tried soloing a warbringer or a scout on my hunter so i cant comment on ease of it, though it takes me ~8 minutes to get one down on my dk solo
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 am

bldavis wrote:hal is a special hunter :twisted: (just bustin your chops hal)
honestly i havent tried soloing a warbringer or a scout on my hunter so i cant comment on ease of it, though it takes me ~8 minutes to get one down on my dk solo


The Thunderstomp is the key thing since if the spirit gets caught in a stomp it'll rock your pet. Also if you're survival don't keep an ice trap near the scout as if the spirit gets rooted it may turn to your pet and kill it.

I was killing scouts in a mix of 450 PvP gear and a few 463 blues on my hunter in under 5 minutes. Now that I did one LFR lockout and got much better geared I can knock them down much much faster.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 am

The issue I usually find is that the pet gets gibbed when I'm either running from the lava bombs, or dealing with the bugs. I'll admit I'm not great at kiting.

Also I don't see how it's worth it if turns into a 40-min fight, you could farm a lot of other stuff in that time.

So, do the voidwalkers fare better?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am

Flex wrote:
bldavis wrote:hal is a special hunter :twisted: (just bustin your chops hal)
honestly i havent tried soloing a warbringer or a scout on my hunter so i cant comment on ease of it, though it takes me ~8 minutes to get one down on my dk solo


The Thunderstomp is the key thing since if the spirit gets caught in a stomp it'll rock your pet. Also if you're survival don't keep an ice trap near the scout as if the spirit gets rooted it may turn to your pet and kill it.

I was killing scouts in a mix of 450 PvP gear and a few 463 blues on my hunter in under 5 minutes. Now that I did one LFR lockout and got much better geared I can knock them down much much faster.


Scouts aren't the issue, but that's an interesting thought on Thunderstomp.

Still, 30 min + with a Warbringer doesn't seem worth it, too many hassles. Now if the Voidwalkers do better....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 am

Spec Barrage for the bugs.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Tue May 07, 2013 6:50 pm

Goodbye BM.

They just nerfed the core talent:

Exotic Beasts now reduces the cooldown of your Pet Special Abilities by 1%, down from 30%.


And buffed the other specs:

Rabid now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min.


Since SV was catching BM anyway, this will push it ahead for sure.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Nooska » Wed May 08, 2013 1:24 am

Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Winkle » Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 am

Warbringers have around 20m hp, for it to take 30mins you'd have to be doing 10k dps.
Winkle
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fenris » Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 am

Nooska wrote:Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.

On the other hand,the 5% nerf to SotR seems legit :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Fenris
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:51 am
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Wed May 08, 2013 2:10 am

Winkle wrote:Warbringers have around 20m hp, for it to take 30mins you'd have to be doing 10k dps.

i was thinking that too

hell if i can down one as blood in less then 10 min, as a dps with minimal kiting skills you should be able to down it faster than 30 min
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Fetzie » Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 am

I take about 8 minutes to kill a Warbringer.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby bldavis » Wed May 08, 2013 4:04 am

im prob not much more than that
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Bellanka » Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 am

Fenris wrote:
Nooska wrote:Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.

On the other hand,the 5% nerf to SotR seems legit :|


Likely the result of the MOAR HASTE mentality.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:00 am

Nooska wrote:Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.


Nope. Apparently it was mentioned in a blue post somewhere, will try to find it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:04 am

Winkle wrote:Warbringers have around 20m hp, for it to take 30mins you'd have to be doing 10k dps.


One does not meerly stand and burn a Warbringer... unless you are a DK.

Mortal classes must genrally kite them, which of course makes things take longer.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby halabar » Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 am

Nooska wrote:Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.


Found it.. a Tweet by Holinka:

@3v1lc0w @scmpoez Exotic Beasts no longer has the 30% reduced cooldown and pet CC abilities have had their cooldowns increased


So it is indeed yet another PVE nerf due to PVP, and an overall BM dps nerf.

Glad I'm working on the warlock, that might get accelerated.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Worldie » Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 am

Well it's hardly a PvE nerf, since all the pet abilities are used for CC or control and have no effect on damage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 8780
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby benebarba » Wed May 08, 2013 9:10 am

Bellanka wrote:
Fenris wrote:
Nooska wrote:Thats a datamined spellchange, most likely ean error in datamining.

On the other hand,the 5% nerf to SotR seems legit :|


Likely the result of the MOAR HASTE mentality.


Dev1:'Hey, tankadins are still going after haste and ret gear.'

Dev2:'Wait... they didn't start going after dodge/parry with that awesome buff to grand crusader in 5.2? Guess we better nerf something.'

I figure that's about how that went. :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Patch 5.3 Notes

Postby Jabari » Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 am

Worldie wrote:Well it's hardly a PvE nerf, since all the pet abilities are used for CC or control and have no effect on damage.


Doesn't it apply to Rabid at a minimum as a direct DPS nerf?

Also, it would certainly apply to two different abilities that I use rather a lot: Spirit Mend and whatever the Tallstrider's AoE Sunder is called. :(

It actually really sucks for any of the debuff-giving pets for any fight at all with target changes - Tallstrider/Windserpent/Worm/Ravager lose a ton of their utility if they can't consistently put the debuff on new targets relatively quickly.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest